The Alright Meat Thread | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Alright Meat Thread

Most places fuck up their red meat. It'll have globs of tendon or nerve or something and that instantly ruins a meal. I tend to avoid it for that reason.

The pho above sure looks good though.

Reactions: Jexocuha
I tell you what though, I'm ready for our future of meat-like protein cubes.

Overall, I feel fantastic compared to when eating carbs!

When I eat too many carbs, I basically become a junkie... Always hungry as fuck, and I feel bloated, tired, and shitty... and also gain weight on top of it.

I really believe that vegetables provide enough carbohydrates and that grains are usually not necessary. If I do eat carbs, I try to shoot for those with a lower glycemic index. I usually end of fucking up a couple of times a week, but whatever.

Meat is good. I esp love seafood. Shrimp, mussels, oysters.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Most places fuck up their red meat. It'll have globs of tendon or nerve or something and that instantly ruins a meal. I tend to avoid it for that reason.

The pho above sure looks good though.
Those are the best parts! Go to your local butcher and order a chuck. Sear it for like two minutes and eat it raw. Gooooood Lord it is soooo goood :hearteyes::hearteyes::tired::smiley:

When I eat too many carbs, I basically become a junkie... Always hungry as fuck, and I feel bloated, tired, and shitty... and also gain weight on top of it.

I really believe that vegetables provide enough carbohydrates and that grains are usually not necessary. If I do eat carbs, I try to shoot for those with a lower glycemic index. I usually end of fucking up a couple of times a week, but whatever.

Meat is good. I esp love seafood. Shrimp, mussels, oysters.
One good thing about carbs is that they put you to sleep so much better than when you're running on pure ketones. Sure, I need less sleep, but I also like sleeping, lol.

What's really important is that you eat the foods you're genetically and ancestrally predisposed for. I got more Thai in me than Dutch, but I still benefit from mostly meats but I could do better incorporating more natural coconut products/garlic/not ridiculously processed rice. My Dutch side is also constantly craving dairy, which after being on Zerocarb for a while, I've learned to listen to my body's needs better. Unfortunately, finding raw dairy is so hard in Tasmania :(

I've learned that carbs aren't necessarily a bad thing, it's just that the majority of carbs are TERRIBLE for you, since they're sprayed with GMOs and pesticides that completely fuck you up than if you were eating grassfed meat. So yeah, low glycemic carbs are good, but you could do better according to your physiology/ancestry, by avoiding pesticides and GMO ridden foods in general.

But again, it's ideal to keep carbs minimal, because ancestrally, most people didn't consume huge amounts of carbs as part of their natural diet before Western foods were introduced. Their near perfect health is due to large animal fat consumption and naturally grown carb sources.

Seafood has plenty of nutrients you don't normally get from land-based animals. Vitamin K2 is especially hard to come by and you usually get it from fatty fish/roe. The other downside is that seafood untouched by the aquaculture industry is also hard and especially expensive :( You wanna avoid anything that's farmed and go for open water fishes.

One good thing about carbs is that they put you to sleep so much better than when you're running on pure ketones. Sure, I need less sleep, but I also like sleeping, lol.

<snip>

I've learned that carbs aren't necessarily a bad thing, it's just that the majority of carbs are TERRIBLE for you, since they're sprayed with GMOs and pesticides that completely fuck you up than if you were eating grassfed meat. So yeah, low glycemic carbs are good, but you could do better according to your physiology/ancestry, by avoiding pesticides and GMO ridden foods in general.

Key is to listen to your body and it will tell you what it needs and does not.

GMOs are inherent to the plant or creature itself and the structural changes to it's nature can do nasty damage to the consumer. You can no longer find true non-gmo corn anywhere in the US except if privately grown, and even then the homesteader needs to have accepted that they're growing less than beautiful stalks of corn... not too many will want that.

That corn I speak of has damaged our meat supply to the point that there are many out there who like myself risk having an asthma attack eating chicken, turkey, beef, lamb and pork (anything that is fed corn). I've learned to cook vege-heavy food using just enough protein to get by. I'm starting to get into the imitation beef called Beyond burger, but am taking it slow as I suspect it also might be an issue.

My favorite foods that will always make me feel better are yogurt, steamed greens, fresh greens, and an occasional potato, LOL... Irish roots?

Key is to listen to your body and it will tell you what it needs and does not.

GMOs are inherent to the plant or creature itself and the structural changes to it's nature can do nasty damage to the consumer. You can no longer find true non-gmo corn anywhere in the US except if privately grown, and even then the homesteader needs to have accepted that they're growing less than beautiful stalks of corn... not too many will want that.

That corn I speak of has damaged our meat supply to the point that there are many out there who like myself risk having an asthma attack eating chicken, turkey, beef, lamb and pork (anything that is fed corn). I've learned to cook vege-heavy food using just enough protein to get by. I'm starting to get into the imitation beef called Beyond burger, but am taking it slow as I suspect it also might be an issue.

My favorite foods that will always make me feel better are yogurt, steamed greens, fresh greens, and an occasional potato, LOL... Irish roots?
I always listen to my body and it never craves anything beyond animal fats and dairy (on occasion). I however make a distinction what I want and what my body wants. I always want peanut butter butter because I love the taste of it, but considering my body doesn't actually need it (nor has something like that EVER appeared in my ancient ancestry) I know it's not worth consuming. That's what being fat-adapted can do to you; you actually KNOW what your body wants instead of what you want because you feel like it.

Also regarding the corn; that's why it's important to make the distinction between grain/corn-fed meat and GRASS fed meat, which you can get at your local butcher. Sure it's way more expensive, but it's WAY better for you than ingesting unnecessary anti-nutrients from vegetables, grains, fruits and hormone-pumped, unnaturally fed cows. Real meat from healthy animals is nothing like the corn-fed crap you find in your grocery store. If you don't have access to a butcher, that's fine, you can always order your meat from a trusted supplier. Also, don't bother with imitation meat, because there's probably a dozen things in there that are just as bad if not worse than corn (soy, lentils, preservatives, etc.).

But yeah, you definitely have to eat according to your ancestry. If you have a lot of Irish in you, it's only natural to eat foods appropriate for your region. So potatoes would be a great source of carbs where I would get another skin-breakout.

I bought a sawed-in-half cow leg and I cooked in the oven for a while to scoop out the marrow. Been dealing with Paliperidone withdrawal symptoms (trying to get off it) and I feel so much better after consuming it! Also, the meat on the bone wasn't too bad either ;)

Attachments

• IMG-0948 (2).JPG
    IMG-0948 (2).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG-0949 (2).JPG
    IMG-0949 (2).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1