Griffinheart

Community Member
Jun 23, 2020
Brocéliande
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
We have one for veggies, I thought I'd do one for meat eaters :)

Anything meat related, chops, ribs, steak, recipes, budgets, etc. Anything!

Any Zerocarb, Keto, Low-carb, etc. diet peeps welcome anytime to gush over our servings of animals.

So I spend at least $100.00 a week on grass-fed, locally butchered meat. It's not bad considering people work overtime to buy ribeyes every night. My current diet/grocery list mostly consists of pork chops, bone broth, beef liver, beef fat trimmings, and chuck steak. I wanna incorporate some OMAD at some point, but I have to get used to fasting till 12 before I begin going that far.

Overall, I feel fantastic compared to when eating carbs! I stopped drinking coffee a long time ago and despite me having no caffeine in my system, I have energy for days! In fact, I've been needing less sleep, since I get around 5-7 hours a night and I STILL feel like the king of the world! My eczema's gone, I perform better in the gym, I have more focus, I'm more quick-witted and I'm overall a very happy person!

To tell you the truth, I eat a lot of rice and veggies. My diet is not balanced.

With respect to what I should eat, I'll go to a dietician NOT a "nutritionist" BUT a licensed dietician.

Any crackpot without a college degree can call themselves a nutritionist. It takes actual work and effort to become a licensed dietician.

If you want to know what you should eat, at the minimum follow federal guidelines. After that, go see a dietician.

Don't follow unlicensed crackpots on the internet who tell you what you should eat.

Just a warning.

To tell you the truth, I eat a lot of rice and veggies. My diet is not balanced.

With respect to what I should eat, I'll go to a dietician NOT a "nutritionist" BUT a licensed dietician.

Any crackpot without a college degree can call themselves a nutritionist. It takes actual work and effort to become a licensed dietician.

If you want to know what you should eat, at the minimum follow federal guidelines. After that, go see a dietician.

Don't follow unlicensed crackpots on the internet who tell you what you should eat.

Just a warning.
I know what I should eat. I'm already eating it. I don't need anyone to tell me what's good for me when the health benefits speak clearly.

Give it a go if you want. Try eating nothing but meat for a month and check how you're going. If you don't feel too good, that's fine! Introduce carbs slowly and move on. You won't die from it.

I know what I should eat. I'm already eating it. I don't need anyone to tell me what's good for me when the health benefits speak clearly.

Give it a go if you want. Try eating nothing but meat for a month and check how you're going. If you don't feel too good, that's fine! Introduce carbs slowly and move on. You won't die from it.

Man, meat is not bad but in moderation. Eating meat alone is generally not a healthy policy. Carbs aren't bad, meat isn't bad, vegetables aren't bad. It's all about balance.

The federal government issues dietary and nutritional guidelines every five years. You don't have to adhere to this standard but you're doing so at your own risk.

I don't pay taxes so you can clog your arteries and get acid reflux with an all-meat diet. Seriously, the government already provides clear guidelines on what works to the best of our knowledge.

If you want long-term energy eat more vegetables. Balance your diet, listen to what the majority of qualified people are already telling you.

Dietary fads are just that, fads. Visit your local dietician and qualified physician with respect to these matters.

Man, meat is not bad but in moderation. Eating meat alone is generally not a healthy policy. Carbs aren't bad, meat isn't bad, vegetables aren't bad. It's all about balance.

The federal government issues dietary and nutritional guidelines every five years. You don't have to adhere to this standard but you're doing so at your own risk.

I don't pay taxes so you can clog your arteries and get acid reflux with an all-meat diet. Seriously, the government already provides clear guidelines on what works to the best of our knowledge.

If you want long-term energy eat more vegetables. Balance your diet, listen to what the majority of qualified people are already telling you.

Dietary fads are just that, fads. Visit your local dietician and qualified physician with respect to these matters.

You don't have to pay any taxes for me, since I don't live in your country.

What are you talking about? Acid reflux? I get that and pancreatitis when I start introducing vegetables. And meat doesn't 'clog your arteries' that's been debunked years ago.

If I want to feel sick and lethargic all the time I would eat vegetables. Tried that for years, been drinking green kale smoothies, eating a ton of legumes, grains, spinach etc. Eczema, poor sleep, poor energy, bad breath, everything. You'd think I get the hint at this point, right? Maybe the so-called scientific 'data' doesn't add up to what's going on? Also, that so-called data has been paid off by various stakeholders to sell products and promote agriculture, e.g the food pyramid.

Besides, it's how our ancestors before agriculture used to eat. Agriculture has supposedly been around for 23,000 years and we've been around over double that amount. What do you think we've been eating all that time before agriculture? If you know Weston A Price, he observed the natural diet of native populations in Switzerland, the Americas, Australia, etc. and found that the diseases common amongst Western cultures were not present in these populations. What'd they eat? High fats and protein.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't completely condone carbs. In small amounts, they serve as a good burst of energy in a pinch. But the biggest problem with them consumed regularly is that they spike your insulin. Long term, this could cause some serious issues.

I eat tuna, does that count? I used to eat chicken but then I realized it wasn't cost effective. Meat is expensive. Eggs are cheap and nutritionally complete! I'm not a vegetarian, just cheap.

I love slow cooked meat that falls off the bone, but generally I need fibre .. lots of fibre .. the diet that works for me is low carb, higher fat, higher protein. When i cut out virtually all simple carbs I know I feel better and lose weight. That said I am currently addicted to simple carbs again!

So egg and bacon, vegetables, no rice (white rice particularly is so bad for me), and regularly but not over the top amount of meat is good.

We each have to find something that works for us.

And because this is a meat thread

Slow-Cooker-Pork-Ribs-IMAGE-15-683x1024.jpg

I eat tuna, does that count? I used to eat chicken but then I realized it wasn't cost effective. Meat is expensive. Eggs are cheap and nutritionally complete! I'm not a vegetarian, just cheap.
Hell yeah Tuna counts. It’s very high in protein and doesn’t have the Omega-3 Fatty Acid Profile as salmon does. Still it’s so much better than nothing.

I guess it also depends on your area’s meat prices. Australia has a lot of farmland so it’s easy and cheap to get pasture raised, grass fed products like chops, steak and butter. Chicken is like the cheapest you can buy here

I used to eat eggs but they just caused me more problems than fixed them. A shame cause I love em so much

Hell yeah Tuna counts. It’s very high in protein and doesn’t have the Omega-3 Fatty Acid Profile as salmon does. Still it’s so much better than nothing.

I guess it also depends on your area’s meat prices. Australia has a lot of farmland so it’s easy and cheap to get pasture raised, grass fed products like chops, steak and butter. Chicken is like the cheapest you can buy here

I used to eat eggs but they just caused me more problems than fixed them. A shame cause I love em so much
Yeah we can get a chicken for $5 but I can get 5 dozen eggs for $8 so in terms of calories per $ the eggs are a way better deal. I think I get like 12 servings out of a chicken at 120 calories a pop and I can get 30 servings out of the eggs for 140 calories a pop. Big difference on the protein though, 12g in the eggs vs 22g in the chicken you get what you pay for

I love slow cooked meat that falls off the bone, but generally I need fibre .. lots of fibre .. the diet that works for me is low carb, higher fat, higher protein. When i cut out virtually all simple carbs I know I feel better and lose weight. That said I am currently addicted to simple carbs again!

So egg and bacon, vegetables, no rice (white rice particularly is so bad for me), and regularly but not over the top amount of meat is good.

We each have to find something that works for us.

And because this is a meat thread

Slow-Cooker-Pork-Ribs-IMAGE-15-683x1024.jpg
That’s good if it works for you, man!

I used to be in the camp that you need fibre to poop properly. Turns out after being off fibre for so long, my shits are way easier to pass and they don’t feel like Hell on the toilet.

I also found that no matter what kind of carbs you eat, you end up craving more diverse forms of carbs, regardless of your diet.

Slow-cooked meat tends to be a lot safer than when you pan fry it, but sometimes I have no choice in the matter, since I cooked fat trimmings and liver.

Also, that looks pretty wicked

Yeah we can get a chicken for $5 but I can get 5 dozen eggs for $8 so in terms of calories per $ the eggs are a way better deal. I think I get like 12 servings out of a chicken at 120 calories a pop and I can get 30 servings out of the eggs for 140 calories a pop. Big difference on the protein though, 12g in the eggs vs 22g in the chicken you get what you pay for
Hell yeah. If I ever bought a chicken carcass, I’d eat the whole thing. Legs, breasts, parson’s nose, everything. I’d even use the bones for broth to really maximise it.

It’s a little extreme (maybe for you) but you could try reducing calories in other areas and focusing on just buying chicken and eggs for a month. If you feel like crab, you can introduce for meat. I wouldn’t 100% recommend it unless you’ve done your research, but still, it’s so worth it once you get it right.