That smile, god dammit!

Archon

Banned
Apr 22, 2010
MBTI
XTXKL
Enneagram
5w4
So I just started junior college...and I've managed to beat depression...it no longer manifests itself in me...I'm like...bouncy and shit...and I talk too much now...and well...yeah! So...there's this girl that's in a few of my classes...cutest thing I've ever seen...Jesus Christ! She sits beside me in English class and when the loudmouth teacher stops talking...all I do is talk and she laughs at EVERYTHING I say...I don't know if that's a good thing or not...and she has this sexy accent...god...why would god put such a heavenly creature on this darned planet of ours? I'm a sucker for girls that are serene, happy with themselves and just kind, gentle people...this girl has it all! I dunno what to do...dunno what to do...I'd tell her but I'm a chickenshit...and well...if I get rejected...then yeah, wtf...or I could ask her to be my friend (which I'd really like) but I don't know how to make friends...I'm pretty anti-social...she's probably an INFP or something...damn I love INFPs...they're so cute and bubbly...hell, I don't know. She's definitely an F type though...I don't even know what I am o_O...what do I do...what do I do...if I don't do it...I might regret it...if I do...I'll regret it...this is such a hard decision to make...so, so hard. The fate of the world lies between my heart and my head...oh god...guys, wanna help me out here? Oh, I don't think about her 24/7...yeah, odd. Since I'm no longer depressed, I don't go into FUCKMYLIFEIMSOEMO mode. What do I do...oh. I'm 17. No clue how old she is. She's probably around the same.

HAHAHAH SWEET! just ask her out man!!! my personal lesson that I've learnt just ask ;)

So I just started junior college...and I've managed to beat depression...it no longer manifests itself in me...I'm like...bouncy and shit...and I talk too much now...and well...yeah! So...there's this girl that's in a few of my classes...cutest thing I've ever seen...Jesus Christ! She sits beside me in English class and when the loudmouth teacher stops talking...all I do is talk and she laughs at EVERYTHING I say...I don't know if that's a good thing or not...and she has this sexy accent...god...why would god put such a heavenly creature on this darned planet of ours? I'm a sucker for girls that are serene, happy with themselves and just kind, gentle people...this girl has it all! I dunno what to do...dunno what to do...I'd tell her but I'm a chickenshit...and well...if I get rejected...then yeah, wtf...or I could ask her to be my friend (which I'd really like) but I don't know how to make friends...I'm pretty anti-social...she's probably an INFP or something...damn I love INFPs...they're so cute and bubbly...hell, I don't know. She's definitely an F type though...I don't even know what I am o_O...what do I do...what do I do...if I don't do it...I might regret it...if I do...I'll regret it...this is such a hard decision to make...so, so hard. The fate of the world lies between my heart and my head...oh god...guys, wanna help me out here? Oh, I don't think about her 24/7...yeah, odd. Since I'm no longer depressed, I don't go into FUCKMYLIFEIMSOEMO mode. What do I do...oh. I'm 17. No clue how old she is. She's probably around the same.

I think you just need to calm down.
Maybe think about things in a more rational pattern.

Just take a shot. You're young if you get rejected you will recover, I promise.

I'm pretty anti-social...

You may be SHY or INTROVERTED, but you are not anti-social. Sorry, I'm nitpicking, but no one seems to understand what that word means anymore. Antisocial is 'against the community' ... as in a mean, cruel, self-centered, selfish, me-above-all-others, screw-everyone-else kind of attitude:

Wikipedia said:
Anti-social behaviour (with or without hyphen) is behaviour that lacks consideration for others and that may cause damage to society, whether intentionally or through negligence, as opposed to pro-social behaviour, behaviour that helps or benefits society (Berger 2003, p. 302).
In common parlance antisocial is often used to describe those perceived to be excessively introverted, an incorrect though increasingly common usage.

After you make her laugh a bit or smile, ask her out for coffee or something. =)

Ok, so I can remember very clearly being 17 as I'm in my early 20s so I understand where you're coming from. I was about as shy and as quiet as they come, and I had a HUUUUUGE rejection complex already built up into my head so it seemed like I was never going to get up the nerve to start talking with guys and get any sort of relationship. But then I met this guy who sat next to me in computer class, and he was funny and quirky and interesting. I was nervous but I knew I had to go with it or regret it forever. So I decided what the heck, it won't hurt to talk to him and get to know him a little. Before I knew it, we were going on our first date. I don't even remember if it was him or me who asked, because it ended up being a kind of consensus. The point is, it was a good memory for me. I know you're nervous, but striking up a conversation never hurt and since you sit next to her it's the perfect opportunity (she can't run away muahahahaa!) that way, the more you get to know her, the better you can feel her out and see if she's giving signs of being interested, then you can ask her out or even just ask her if she would like to hang out some time. If you guys have been having interesting and fun conversations then there's no way she's gonna say no to that!

Don't let yourself stop yourself from a great opportunity. Even if she did say no it's an opportunity to learn and get better for the next time you take a stab at it. I took a chance and got a great relationship out of it. On the other hand, consider my current boyfriend, who didn't have his first girlfriend until he was 25...the reason it came so late in his life is because he was afraid to take the chance, so don't let that happen to you!

Get out of your head and just suggest you two hang out sometime. It's not hard and there's no rejection thing because you could just be asking as friend or more. Whichever way she's thinking she'll be happy. Or you could analyse this to hell and miss the chance.