Te versus Ti | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Te versus Ti

@David Nelson

Not a bad job, actually—deductive versus inductive reasoning.

That said, no need to sigh when asking for an explanation. For my money, if I want to hear an explanation of something, having an INTJ do it is the best choice, all other things being equal. :p

Cheers,
Ian
I was accused of not understanding Te. I copied and pasted the explanation above, but added my own comment below the line. INFJs just 'know' things lol

Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
I think one of the common misconceptions about type and cognitive functions is that when we think about what they do it’s much less about absolutes and discrete abilities but about tendencies and preferences. It is entirely possible to process Te thoughts using Ti cognition, but the Ti user would rarely reach the same conclusions or use the same patterns of thought as the Te user. A thought I just had is that a Ti user will likely see through simplistic Te thinking, whereas the opposite is not as easy. It’s like theory (Ti) versus applied theory (Te). But the Ti user is likely to miss applications that the Te user will easily see. This a key way people often misunderstand and underestimate each other. The ideal is when Ti and Te user have mutual respect and understanding and complement each other abilities. A good metaphor? for life in general I think.

Reactions: Jexocuha and Wyote