Synchronicity: The Meaningful Coincidence | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Synchronicity: The Meaningful Coincidence

I don't think about it much. It happens frequently and I tend to forget about it. However, there is one time that stands out in my head. It is maybe not synchronicity as it wasn't meaningful, but it freaked me out. I was thinking about how funny it is the way that Americans pronounce "Aluminium" compared to us Brits and having a chuckle about it. Then I turned on the TV and someone was taking the p*** out of an American saying "Aluminium". This seemed like a massive coincidence to me....

As I pondered in another thread, how are synchronicity and pronoia related?

A means to achieve the other, with just enough randomness to make you question if you are indeed being assisted.

Watched a video last night and then today met someone who understood everything that was in the video. Seemed very synchronistic to me. Anyone else have a similar experience? And how do you make sense of these types of events?

Watched a video last night and then today met someone who understood everything that was in the video. Seemed very synchronistic to me. Anyone else have a similar experience? And how do you make sense of these types of events?

That is not just coincidence in my opinion.
Unless the person who gave you the video pals around with the cast?

There are several ways to try and make sense of it....but nothing that is provable.
Well, I take that back...human intention has been fairly extensively studied and has shown to influence it’s environment....so perhaps that, combined with some version or collective consciousness makes it more than just chance?

I don't believe in Synchronicity, because I only believe coincidences occur 5% of the time. I think it is just a way to reach out to those who refute the concept of predestination.

Reactions: just me
Sounds like superstition to me. Just because you can not percieve or imagine a cause does not mean it doesnt exist. This simply means you lack understanding of the situation.

Currently I believe that everything is connected, happens for a reason, and is meaningful at some level (at least symbolically). I don't think coincidences or accidents ever really occur. It is like we are characters in an adventure video game. When I am receptive to the flow of life (like the Tao), things just click. Everyone I meet has a message for me. Random probability can't explain many of the experiences I have had. I believe we are completely responsible for creating our own reality. In the movie U Turn a character says "Think bad, and bad is what you get." I believe that to be true, which is one of the reasons it is so difficult to escape from depression and its negative thinking. But the corollary is equally valid. Think good and good is what you'll get. Like in Man's Search for Meaning. Attitude is everything. If you are optimistic, your life will change for the better. But not in an obvious linear fashion. You have to be patient on the hero's journey. All good things come to those who wait.

I am now in a phase where I am constantly meeting like minded individuals in person and online. It can't be mere chance. I really feel like my intention is attracting significant people, places, things, ideas, and experiences into my life regularly. This is definitely a change of pace. I am allowing myself to go with the flow. And I am benefitting yo.

What do you think of the concept of synchronicity? Is it real, absurd, useful or something else? Please explain and try to illustrate with examples. This could get pretty strange pretty fast. Try to stay on point. Thanks y'all.

Synchronicity must be real.

I am now in a phase where I am constantly meeting like minded individuals in person and online. It can't be mere chance. I really feel like my intention is attracting significant people, places, things, ideas, and experiences into my life regularly. This is definitely a change of pace. I am allowing myself to go with the flow. And I am benefitting yo.

Yes.

Are synchronicity and randomness necessarily mutually exclusive? Perhaps not if truth is paradoxical.