Stone Henge. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Stone Henge.

Yes absolutely. It was a theory that was started by Carl Jung which is now being continued worldwide by a team of psychologists, psychiatrists, parapsychologists and neuroscientists (including our family).

My aunty is publishing a book on it (which my family is collaborated in), she's representing the Maori culture and how modern Maori are affected today by the traumatic shift in socitey that their ancestors went through, including ours. There is another professional psychologist in America who's representing the native American culture, I can't remember his name... I find it interesting because in these native cultures there is a very high respect for genealogy (in Maori culture family genealogy is represented through the Tā moko, not to be mistaken for Kirituhi). I'm amazed by the popularity of this theory in recent media such as in the game series 'Assassins Creed' (which is awesome by the way). It could also be explanation for talents, such as my great grandfathers on my mothers side (Maori heritage) were champion Boxers and philosophers, and now today I do Boxing and spend all day thinking about the meaning of life. My great grandparents on my fathers side (British heritage) were artists and now me and most of my siblings are artists, despite the gaps on both sides of the family me and my siblings have picked up these traits and funnily enough our styles are similar. Personality traits are another one too that are considered to be inherited.

This could be your tie to Stone Henge.

Personally I'm of the opinion that any of us "intuitive types" are naturally drawn to the ancient sites of power because they were built by our ancestors. We have echoes of them resonating in us and we "remember" what our hands have wrought.
Some of us are on the journey of trying to remember the true purpose of the sites - and our relationship to them.

If anyone is interested in seeing a meta view - there is Joseph Campbell who has spent his lifetime connecting the dots between the stories, myths, and religions from around the world.
There is Graham Hancock who has spent his lifetime connecting the dots between the world ancient sites.

There are many others to help fill in the pieces of the puzzle - but those two authors works dovetail with each other.

I noticed many of the art creations on the stones at the Gobekli Tepe site are similar to ones depicted at ancient sites from around the equator. The Egyptians. The Maya. Angkor-Wat and Angkor-Thom. They also seem to depict signs from the zodiac.

I could go on and on about it all :blah: - as I've been studying these topics for ever. Better put some duct tape on my mouth. :tape2:

:D

@Kgal , probably not looking at my family tree. My ancestors on my dads side were seamen not masons. So my heritage comes from pirates, merchants and navy sailors. On my mothers side apart from Maori she is also Danish, Scottish and French. I descend from the Clausen family hence my aunties last name and my mothers maiden name 'Lawson' which was the result of members of the family moving to New Zealand. No stone henge here.

I can vouch for this genetic memory theory, because I certainly had the feeling of "remembering" on our trip to Europe, where I had never been in my life. Not the buildings, but on the train in the country, I really felt a sense of having been there or more like having lived there. It's very difficult to put it words how strong the feeling was, and I haven't had that same sensation before or since.
The strange part for me is that part of my ancestry can be traced back to that general area, and I only started looking into it after the experience. Being born in North America, I don't think I have the same connection to my environment that maybe living in my ancestral "area" would have.
Great thread!