Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Saw it today and loved it. Very nostalgic!

YES IT WAS!!!!!

I saw it today and enjoyed it very much. Thank you all for keeping your mouths shut. I truly appreciate it.

Reactions: Wyote
I watched it ...

... it was good and all, but I found its lack of boogie disturbing. This should have been the intro crawl music.

[video=youtube;WFcmuhTTqoY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFcmuhTTqoY[/video]

So...
I liked it. I know you all were waiting with bated breath to know what I thought.
I found it a bit repetitive though. Drawing on previous success. Still far better than the last 4 and I liked the characters.
Good job Disney.

I loved each and every character, the chemistry, the dialogue, the heartbreakingly beautiful scenes, the subtly powerful music score... everything. Growing up addicted to Episodes IV, V, VI, the prequel trilogy left me feeling more than a little disappointed and also somewhat betrayed. As I was watching this film, I couldn't help but revel in that old nostalgic feeling those of you have mentioned. This is how Episodes I, II, and III should have been, and finally fans are redeemed. The torch was passed to the very capable hands of J.J. Abrams who has set a new standard for the films to follow and they must meet or exceed these new expectations, or fail miserably in the shadow of his genius. I loved it so much that I'm going back for seconds.

Reactions: Xroads and Kgal
BTW it is projected to cross $1billion in worldwide sales by Sunday or a few days after that. It is as rewatchable as ANH and ESB. It's basically a lovechild of the two infused with meth.

Reactions: Free
I saw it yesterday and loved it, everything. :m096:

I loved each and every character, the chemistry, the dialogue, the heartbreakingly beautiful scenes, the subtly powerful music score... everything. Growing up addicted to Episodes IV, V, VI, the prequel trilogy left me feeling more than a little disappointed and also somewhat betrayed. As I was watching this film, I couldn't help but revel in that old nostalgic feeling those of you have mentioned. This is how Episodes I, II, and III should have been, and finally fans are redeemed. The torch was passed to the very capable hands of J.J. Abrams who has set a new standard for the films to follow and they must meet or exceed these new expectations, or fail miserably in the shadow of his genius. I loved it so much that I'm going back for seconds.

Exactly.

Reactions: Free
I watched it ...

... it was good and all, but I found its lack of boogie disturbing. This should have been the intro crawl music.

Use the Funk, Luke!

I'm about ready to spoil everything with a full movie review, as I'm doubting I'll ever actually see it.

Went to the theater with quite low expectations and was satisfied. When considered on it's own, it is a good solid action movie with nice CG effects. 7.5 stars out of 10.

However when compared to the rest of the series, one does not need a lot of brains to figure out that the entire plot is just a remake of episode IV. Only everything is supersized :D New characters are rather bland and forgettable. With possible exception of Kylo Ren perhaps, who will be remembered as the most laughed at villain in the entire SW universe. Seriously, check out his twitter feed ;)

Overall it's just a notch above the prequel trilogy and only because of Harrison comeback.

I'm about ready to spoil everything with a full movie review, as I'm doubting I'll ever actually see it.
Does this work?

You can spoil all you want, as long as you hide it from those who doesn't want the spoilers. Ta-dah! Maybe you already knew of this feature.

Reactions: Kgal
And that's why I love it: history repeats itself, in a new setting!

But still, even as a remake it underdelivers because ep IV remains superior and people will revert to the latter when rewatching in the future.
I wish they would have brought something new and exciting instead. Could have adapted the plot of SW Knights of The Old Republic for example.

Does this work?

You can spoil all you want, as long as you hide it from those who doesn't want the spoilers. Ta-dah! Maybe you already knew of this feature.

I meant for myself. Imma spoil the whole movie for myself by watching a review video of it. D:

BTW it is projected to cross $1billion in worldwide sales by Sunday or a few days after that. It is as rewatchable as ANH and ESB. It's basically a lovechild of the two infused with meth.

It's at over a billion now.

I just FINALLY saw it.

Still trying to find words.

I almost went right back to the ticket machine to get another one, lol.

Yup. Still speechless.

Watched it. Loved it. It brought back that same old magic that A New Hope initially did and left me waiting with great anticipation for the next installments. Too many haters out there complaining. I think it stayed true to Star Wars fans, especially those of such an age where IV, V, and yes even the Ewoks of VI were their entire childhood. This is a great reintroduction so that my own children can grow up loving it too. I feel bad for those that grew up with I, II, III.... haha!

Last edited: