Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I'm withholding judgement and trying not to have any expectations, until I experience it myself.

SOON.

May the Force be with me. And with you all.

FVPCLq7.jpg

Reactions: acd and Kgal
Looks like most of the movie's plot is on its wikipedia page.

I didn't read it, but it's there.

I fearfully suspect I'll have to ban myself from the internet until I see it, to avoid spoilers.

I'm sure my FB feed is going to be full of 'em, for instance. Avoid avoid avoid.

You big teaser! :tongue:
Stop it!
I don't wanna know nothin' ...ya hear?!?! :lalala:

Tonight 19:40, my girl and me :)
..can't wait

Well I thought it was GREAT! There has been alot of thinking going on in this movie, I assure you. Lot's of details! They're trying their best not to dissapoint any "old" fans AND new fans.

Reactions: Kgal
I saw the first Star Wars when I was very young. Of course it was awesome especially considering scifi was in short supply bqck then. Empire Strikes back was awesome to. Then all the other movies were crap. I honestly believe I ha e only seen bits an pieces of the last two films to date. For me at least, it honestly just became boring.
You cant go back and change time. Whats done is done, whats ruined is ruined. Of course I will see the new one but I doubt there will be any magic whether due to my age or just disillusionment in general.

Same here....and I'm disappointed it sounds disappointing.

[video=youtube;84zY33QZO5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84zY33QZO5o[/video]

When a movie is hyped it can never live up to the hype. So maybe you will find its better than you thought now.

I saw the first Star Wars when I was very young. Of course it was awesome especially considering scifi was in short supply bqck then. Empire Strikes back was awesome to. Then all the other movies were crap. I honestly believe I ha e only seen bits an pieces of the last two films to date. For me at least, it honestly just became boring.
You cant go back and change time. Whats done is done, whats ruined is ruined. Of course I will see the new one but I doubt there will be any magic whether due to my age or just disillusionment in general.

When a movie is hyped it can never live up to the hype. So maybe you will find its better than you thought now.

I imagine it's a little of both...

When I saw [MENTION=1009]bamf[/MENTION] post on facebook that it was Awesome....I decided then and there to just tap into the feelings I had from the first two films. I am in agreement with you about the rest of them that followed and haven't even seen the last two.

I am taking your suggestion and going in with an open mind and a feeling of joy at seeing the heroes of my younger years. No matter they are actors on a stage....the essential message they portrayed in those movies had a profound effect on me. That was back when movies were shown in the old theaters and people were really there...fully present....and not distracted by phones and such. I remember we waited in long lines to get in with excitement and anticipation. As you said....there was an extreme lack of SciFi back then and I was immersed deeply into that genre. You know us INxxs...we love that shit. Hah!

So I'm going to tap into that old enthusiasm and have a grand time watching this.

Basically if the first two films are your favorites and you want something like it, you'll like 7.

It's good. It's fresh. It's not over the top. It's as solid as a sequel to a cultural phenomenon can be.

It is so fuckin full of homages and nods that if you are paying attention your face will be rocked off by this movie. If you're dumb and don't understand connections to anything then your dumbness will make you think this movie is dumb when really it's you.

Reactions: hush and Kgal
I don't think I have ever sat in a cinema, watched a movie and had my heart-rate increase as the film went on. I've never been emotionally invested to such an extent with the characters of any movie more than this. I think if I were to review this fully, I'd end up giving it a solid 9.5/10. I don't wish to spoil anything, and my review will also be safe to read for those that have not yet seen it. All I shall say to sum it up, if I can, in a few words: This is the Star Wars film that people have been waiting for, and it exceeded my expectations and captured my emotions beautifully.

I don't think I have ever sat in a cinema, watched a movie and had my heart-rate increase as the film went on. I've never been emotionally invested to such an extent with the characters of any movie more than this. I think if I were to review this fully, I'd end up giving it a solid 9.5/10. I don't wish to spoil anything, and my review will also be safe to read for those that have not yet seen it. All I shall say to sum it up, if I can, in a few words: This is the Star Wars film that people have been waiting for, and it exceeded my expectations and captured my emotions beautifully.

Woooooot! I got so excited at reading your post! I'm going to watch the movie Monday and I'm even more excited now!!! Thank you for sharing!

Woooooot! I got so excited at reading your post! I'm going to watch the movie Monday and I'm even more excited now!!! Thank you for sharing!

And here I tried to not show my own excitment over this movie, so that I wouldn't create too too high expectations in others. The point is I second what JJJA said here... I tried to hide it though.

I thought Rey was a very beautiful person, inside and out. I hope her character stays that way.

Must..... resist...... SPOILERS!

Must..... resist...... SPOILERS!

I... must... do... the same.

I don't think I've ever exerted as much effort, as I have towards this Herculean task.

My siblings and I have decided that we won't go until we can get all five of us together... which won't be until next weekend.

I'm... I'm trying. ;____;

*sniffles*

Reactions: Rcs6r
I... must... do... the same.

I don't think I've ever exerted as much effort, as I have towards this Herculean task.

My siblings and I have decided that we won't go until we can get all five of us together... which won't be until next weekend.

I'm... I'm trying. ;____;

*sniffles*

I'm seeing it tomorrow and then I'll be in the same boat with all of you. I totally appreciate all of the efforts at not spilling the beans. Thank you very much. :hug:

I have a test for movies. If I am still thinking about it and feeling feelings from it a few days after I've seen it, I consider it a good movie.

Ep. 7 is a good movie.

I walked out of the theatre sort of meh to be completely honest, but I discovered it was actually because I was just overwhelmed. My brain shut off to protect itself and it wasn't until I got in the car and started thinking about it that I started to recall all of the cool shit I had just witnessed. It was actually a lot. I'm going back, probably multiple times.

I don't really want to over hype it or anything as others have said, but there ya go. It's pretty great. Haters gonna hate.

Reactions: Kgal