Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I grew up watching the original trilogy on VHS tapes. They were very important to developing my love for cinema and movies. Then the prequels came out, and now I alternate between hating the series for it's commercialization and stupid fan service, and not caring about it at all. Right now, I'm at the not-caring part of the cycle.

So, Star Wars!

x7eBLGd.jpg

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
I'm cautiously optimistic about the new movie. It's clear that Abrams and the rest of the crew have listened to the fans and learned from Lucas' blunders on Eps I-III. There's still some room for major disappointment but, from the few minutes of trailers I've seen, there's good reason to believe this trilogy will be closer to the original trilogy.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Star Wars: The Wallet Opens

Reactions: hush
Han shot first.

Reactions: Wyst
So I will probably see it, but I've still got to post this.

[video=youtube;ynCeQpQI2oQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynCeQpQI2oQ[/video]

Reactions: Kgal
I'm cautiously optimistic about the new movie. It's clear that Abrams and the rest of the crew have listened to the fans and learned from Lucas' blunders on Eps I-III. There's still some room for major disappointment but, from the few minutes of trailers I've seen, there's good reason to believe this trilogy will be closer to the original trilogy.

My thoughts exactly.

Careful! The trailer for episode 1 was pretty sweet, too.

I disagree!

[video=youtube;WniCDigF6xo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WniCDigF6xo[/video]

I believe the latest Teaser Trailers are the best of them all! This, of course, is probably due to the fact that I am a product of my own time, and since this one is produced by our technology and movie-tricks at hand, it will speak to me better then the other ones. Probably! Nevertheless, I think this one - for episode VII - is the best one.

After super over-analyzing the trailer, I'm *slightly* concerned about poor acting once again ruining another trilogy. It's more the peripheral characters and perhaps weak writing that could cause this. Not at all worried about Daisy, John or Oscar though so there is hope. I really like what I'm hearing about John's character, but I want to know more about Oscar's. I'm guessing we won't see a lot of character development from him in this first film, but maybe he will end up in a pivotal role late game.

My hope is that whatever happens with Luke, he just gets at least one scene at some point in the trilogy where he is massively OP.

Get on the hype train. Choo Choo motherfuckers.

[video=youtube;as2_BS48SCM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as2_BS48SCM[/video]

I hope it won't be kitsch-politically-correct; at least the original cast's characters ought to retain their rebel-fringe-outlaw manners. If this turns out to be an EMO, melancholic anti-adventure, aka coming-of-age, self-discovery, like most of Abram's other films, I'll be spitting.

Reactions: Wyst