Someone please help | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Someone please help

I offered a valid suggestion that might help the situation if people are open-minded and committed to the success of things. Nothing more and nothing less. You’ve never taken up something to learn about your partner or experience different things?

Taking the high road on this one. Let’s not lose sight of the point of the thread which is “please help”

I understood what your comment to the OP meant. My door slam remark was about the theme of the thread (converting a Muslim to Christianity out of "love"), not about your comment to the OP.
Yes, of course learning about one's SO's interests is good for a relationship. :) I definitely wasn't offended by the idea of learning more about Islam.

Reactions: G4RiiM and Wyote
Errr, what?
He is close to God. He is Muslim. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are Abrahamic Religions, all the Children Of Abraham, so he essentially worships the same god you do. If your goal is to convert people, leave him alone. People find faith through their hearts, not by being manipulated with romance. That's cultish. No wonder he isn't interested.
If you want to do God's work, try helping those less fortunate than you. Volunteer in a shelter or a hospital.
No.. that's not what I meant... I really do love him and I accept him for who he is.. I'm sorry if I offended you I didn't mean it like that

Reactions: G4RiiM and Asa
Is that the devil trying to break me and him apart? Does he want me to lose hope in God and in Adil..? Because it sure looks like it and it really hurts.

I have been christian. I am not anymore. I do believe in the GOD of Israel.

imo it is easy to look at this personification of the devil and say that is the bad guy. It is easy that way to not take responsibility for our own actions.
We can be devils ourselves when our ego is in a negative state. We can keep our ego and devils in check with humility.

“True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.”

Whatever you do stay humble, and your father above will get you what you need.

Maybe Psalms 121 will comfort you.

Hmh.. For heads up: I'm not religious myself, I respect this though, and my dear little sister of choice if muslima who married a former convinced atheist who joined her religion.

> From this perspective I want to point towards the meaning and significance that both of your religious communities (and family, friends etc.) have for each of you seperately first of all.

I know right now you might be very entangled in your feelings (especially fears and uncertanties) and the "sudden" changed relationship you found yourself in after censoring yourself.
It's worth stepping back and seeing the context of the situation and of what you both are in - plus the question if it's about having a relationship (which ultimately can't be seperated from your different communities - and which is not primarily about your concrete differences in your belief of God) or if it is about "sharing feelings of love" nontheless, which can actually have various wonderful faces.

This is not an answer but there might be questions and focus involved to help you cope and rebounce for now.

I wish you a peace of mind.

Lol I love how this turned into a haha fest. Nothing like a bunch of playful testosterone banter to get the lols rolling.

Anyway, this is for the OP, Yugi. I know this app, talk life. My depression got me there. People there can be adamant about revealing their true identities so I uninstalled it immediately. There I downloaded an app which professes to help people combat illnesses but it turned out to be some odd version of whatever dating app or whatever. My point is, first and foremost, never trust too much of yourself onto strangers. It's dangerous.

Secondly, it's great that you finally confessed. Whether or not it was because of the app, the important part is that you let yourself be known. Honesty is great in truly important relationships.

Thirdly, love and religion are two complex differences because fundamentally how you place your faith on each defines so much about yourself. I would highly advise to look deeper into yourself and try to figure out who you are. Maybe you'll be able to assess and understand more about your love for him by understanding more of yourself. Sometimes, a certain magnetism to other individuals cloud us of sound judgement but I found that these things usually spring from within us. My most favorite advice here in this forum is this: focus on yourself. Think it through carefully and try to place Adil out of the equation. Remember that you wouldn't be able to make any peacful decision when your emotions are everywhere. You can do this!

Reactions: sassafras