Solipsism | INFJ Forum

Solipsism

Curious IxTP

May 3, 2015
MBTI
IxTP
What do you guys think of it?

I think that, in absense of any unquestionable evidence to the contrary, it is quite a logical position to take. We can't trust that our senses can't be fooled, we can't trust that the world as we know it isn't the matrix, we don't know for sure whether there is or isn't a god.

I believe that since there are other people around who look like me and think like me, and I don't have god-like powers, that that's reason enough to believe that I am not alone.

*Not talking about hardcore solipsism where you believe with absolute certainty that you're the only one here, although if you believe that, feel free to share.

I think it's done to death, a foregone conclusion, technically true, and pragmatically useless.

Last edited:
I came across solipsism when I was 15 and was fascinated by the idea. But yeah by now I agree with [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION]
I would use reductio ad solipsistum when someone was overly doubting something.

it is quite a logical position to take.

I'm kinda nit picking here, but I would say that lacking logical contradiction does not mean that it is a logical position to take. Something else might be a more logical position to take if our end was something that does not require absolute certainty that we are not wrong. And I'm sorry for the double negative, lol ;)