Skyrim! | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Skyrim!

[MENTION=472]Poetic Justice[/MENTION] did you ever use the creation kit? Just curious.

Probably not. I've cleared it 3 times now. I played the legendary edition. Don't know what creation kit is. That must be new

Probably not. I've cleared it 3 times now. I played the legendary edition. Don't know what creation kit is. That must be new

It's a tool released by the publishers that you can use to modify parts of the game for yourself. So for example, you can create your own custom follower and marriage partner, or your own house, or you can write your own quests and dungeons and publish them to the web. Not much need for it with Skyrim though, although I have fiddled with the New Vegas creation kit (called "GECK" after the in-game narrative element) a lot.

[MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] I installed a particular Fallout 3 mod for no other purpose than to get busy with Harkness. #confessnotsoanonymously

It's a great exercise in imagination. :)

One might think so but when your character is bound you can't do anything, not even fast travel, so it gets old. You can walk around but wolves will bite you and there's nothing you can do about it, and you're screwed if you find an angry sabre cat.

One might think so but when your character is bound you can't do anything, not even fast travel, so it gets old. You can walk around but wolves will bite you and there's nothing you can do about it, and you're screwed if you find an angry sabre cat.

I don't like being bitten by wolves. That world is too complex for me. I'm more of a "vanilla" type. Not in terms of mods, I have heaps of those. You know what I mean.

An elder dragon thought it would be a good idea to strike on Winterhold College while Savos, Mirabelle, Marcurio and I were all hanging out in the courtyard. It was quite a scuffle. Marcurio can tell our grandkids about it one day.

[youtube]KB_ldn6JQ0o[/youtube]

The good folks at The Elder Scrolls Renewal Project have released a new Skywind trailer that shows off some of the latest work that's gone into bringing the great Elder Scrolls RPG Morrowind into the great Elder Scrolls engine Skyrim.

“Everything shown is but a small fraction of work done on Skywind over the last few months,” the YouTube description states, noting that the video is taken from a “private developer alpha” and, as such, is subject to change. “Music, voice acting, sound effects, quest implementation, bug fixes, etc. couldn't be shown properly in this video, but are being developed alongside the visual progress.”

It's a gorgeous trailer, and the prospect of playing a version of Morrowind that doesn't look like it was hot stuff 14 years ago is powerfully appealing. But I can't let it go without leveling some sort of complaint, and in this case it's the music: Nice enough as a generic RPG tune, but it's really got more of an Oblivion vibe than Morrowind. Other selections from the soundtrack are definitely more on-the-money, though: You can listen to bits and pieces courtesy of Soundcloud.

There's still no word on when Skywind will be ready for release, but you can follow along with the development (and join in if you're so inclined) at tesrenewal.com, and read our recent feature on the modders who keep recreating Morrowind right here.

This article is from PC Gamer magazine, and if you click through it is also riddled with additional links.

I could listen to this lady sing for hours.

You might be interested to learn that because you posted this I eventually made a resolution to get singing lessons. Which I have discovered cost $35 for half an hour near me from a real expert and which I have not yet booked because I do not have an income, but which I am totally hoping and planning and determined to follow through on. Thank you!

Man, it's been a while. Don't know how many hours I spent on Skyrim. The only thing I've never done is complete the Fighters Guild questline. I never liked being a werewolf. You're far weaker in that form. And even with the mods and DLC, you're still nowhere near as awesome as a vampire lord.

Skyrim is better than ever now thanks to the many player and artist created mods that have supplemented the many deficiencies with which it shipped.

I think more quests should be level dependent. You shouldn't be able to
become Archmage until you have mastered 3 magic schools.
You shouldn't be able to go to war until... well, until you've installed Apollo's civil war mod, just as a prerequisite. Not that I have played with the content yet (STILL), but it promises functionality and replayability that has so far NOT BROKEN MY GAME. Amazing.

Yeah I second this. And the supposedly powerful mages in the guild should be able to use more than a crappy apprentice level fireball spell. It reminds me of the final quest in the thieves guild, and these two master thieves couldn't stealth past the most oblivious of enemies. Though the fact it takes place in a generic dungeon with no stealth involved was more of a disappointment.

11tmp0p.jpg

I got a bunch of mods working in just the right configuration to tweak my character appearance to look almost exactly like me. The mods that I used to get this effect were Ethereal Elven Overhaul (my character is Altmer), RaceMenu, Eyes of Beauty, XCE, and also a mod that allows Nord skin tones for elf characters. Modded to the max.

That's my character's husband Marcurio whose face you can see in the background, he's whining to Farkas about how crappy it is to be married to the Archmage.

Sorry the right side of his body is completely distorted to look huge because I didn't think to turn toggle free camera on.

Last edited:
Reactions: hush
24o7csg.jpg

Definitely the best screenshot I've ever taken. My character really is looking identical to me.

I got an amazing mod today called Relationship Dialogue Overhaul by cloudedtruth and it is so good. It gives the characters a lot more dialogue that is voiced by the original actors, and fixes things they say, so they sound a lot more natural and realistic. Marcurio sounds completely different, he seems to have totally lost his bitterness and he is saying stuff like "I will protect you with my life" and "Let me know if I can do anything for you". It's weird since I'd made a headcanon in which Marcurio was traumatised by an unstable and insecure childhood. But I think I prefer new Marcurio, he's a lot more friendly.

Reactions: hush and Night Owl
2jea39.jpg

Marcurio just found this slaughterfish that was all friendly with him. I've never seen a docile slaughterfish before. Wanted to take it for a pet but don't have anywhere to put it. Maybe I could build a mod house with a pond outside for friendly slaughterfish.

Reactions: hush