Simple vs. complicated | INFJ Forum

Simple vs. complicated

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
I was just thinking this morning about what i love or like, whether I prefer simple or complicated things whether people or situations or ideas.

I like challenging ideas but usually when there's a chance I can work my way through to figure them out eventually.

I like complex things in people, although I hate it when people make things more complicated than they need to be . . . intentionally. :D

So, what do you like which is simple and what do you like which is complicated?

Last edited:
This is going to sound so cliche...and probably justify why so many have told me I should teach: I like simple explanations for complicated concepts. I like cutting to the core, past all the extraneous details and "nonsense", when I am trying to explain something/give advice to someone.

I appreciate the complexity of some things, certain emotions like love and rage. They can be fun to explore.

Reactions: AMM
i think anything can be simplified or complicated within (or beyond) the realm of what actually is.

This is going to sound so cliche...and probably justify why so many have told me I should teach: I like simple explanations for complicated concepts. I like cutting to the core, past all the extraneous details and "nonsense", when I am trying to explain something/give advice to someone.

I appreciate the complexity of some things, certain emotions like love and rage. They can be fun to explore.

Second this. I ultimately want things to be simple - so I like making complicated things simple or keeping simple things simple :)

Simple lyrics to songs or verses to poems that could have many meanings.
Simple lines in art that show life as only a human could see it.

It depends on what it is.
Simplicity is nice, but
complexity adds spice.

Edit: There's a difference?

Last edited:
I think complexity is beautiful, it's what takes something mundane and makes it really shine. All complex things are simple though when broken down to their fundamental parts.

Reactions: Gaze
I adore the simple potent language of poetry~ tis pretty

Nature in all its multidimensional fluidity is complexity enough for me.

Reactions: Gaze
My perspective is....strange (?) I guess. I am of the opinion that everything is simultaneously simple and complicated.

Edit: Short answer to OP...

I like it when verbal communication is as simple and unmitigated as possible

I enjoy very intricate and complex art, both aesthetically and conceptually

Last edited:
My perspective is....strange (?) I guess. I am of the opinion that everything is simultaneously simple and complicated.

i agree with this

well

to try to answer the op a bit more,

i prefer communication (to talk and read things, for example) in as simple terms as possible

i don't like things to be complicated if it doesn't create any more value that way

that doesn't mean that a lot of complex meaning can't be achieved by delivering it using a simple form

i agree with this

well

to try to answer the op a bit more,

i prefer communication (to talk and read things, for example) in as simple terms as possible

i don't like things to be complicated if it doesn't create any more value that way

that doesn't mean that a lot of complex meaning can't be achieved by delivering it using a simple form

Occam's razor?

I love everything simple. I find complexities a good challenge for the mind or good brain exercise ... and that doesn't happen frequently. Perfect balance.

I was just thinking this morning about what i love or like, whether I prefer simple or complicated things whether people or situations or ideas.

I like challenging ideas but usually when there's a chance I can work my way through to figure them out eventually.

I like complex things in people, although I hate it when people make things more complicated than they need to be . . . intentionally. :D

So, what do you like which is simple and what do you like which is complicated?

i love complexity but not complication. lol
i use to tell people i was a complex person who needed simplicity around me.

Complex things are usually multiple variations of simple things/principles.

I enjoy noticing complex variations on simple designs/concepts/themes/etc.

Most good music usually has a very simple core melody/rhythm that is repeated over and over in increasingly distinct variations/developed forms. The pattern in most music is: base melody is repeated at least twice (if it is repeated more than three times it is usually a lousy piece of music); and then variant themes of the same melody are presented, with an occasional insertion of a distinct, but complimentary melody/theme.

I am of the opinion that everything is simultaneously simple and complicated.

I like it when verbal communication is as simple and unmitigated as possible

I agree with this a lot, but almost lean towards thinking that everything is more complex than our minds could ever comprehend and simplicity only exists so that we may think we understand things.

I also agree with the communication thing too. I get frustrated if it takes too long to say something if instead of elaboration, there is just repetition. The bad thing is I do this too while trying to elaborate sometimes and then get frustrated with myself. lol

So I like simplicity with things or ideas that I feel need to be complete in my mind, but agree with Sali's first sentence that complexity is what makes things beautiful and I appreciate it with most things from art to spirituality.