Share a fictional character that you can relate/equate to | INFJ Forum

Share a fictional character that you can relate/equate to

MrSquared

Mar 6, 2015
MBTI
So yea... Try this! Share some notes about a fictional character that you can relate to. OR, you could even list a fictional character that you tend to equate yourself to (due to personality, experience, background, mannerisms, etc).

I'll start!

*Tries not to sound self conceited*

For instance, my ex called me Darcy but I'm equate myself more to being a Wentworth (in JA terms).
View attachment 24640

I'm a tall, devoted, idealistic, young man, with pleasant mannerisms and decent social etiquette. I'm rather introverted, though I'm quite quite capable entertaining, and dancing as needed. I'm not well off financially, but I'm certain that my luck is changing. When someone catches my eye they usually hold it for years on end, but socially, I will not act unless I'm certain of the approval of others. For if her family should oppose the match, then I am at an impasse. Because if those around her cannot/will not see the value in me (personally), then it would lead me to reevaluate myself, her, her family, birth, background, value, etc.

Plus, I love the sea. I write about it allllllllllllllllllllllll the time. :p

Thoughts my fellow forum members? Please share your own!!! Could be any fictional character from film, lit, etc.

Reactions: Free
During my early childhood (around 5-ish), I related so very much to Matilda Wormwood from Matilda, Roald Dahl. She was bright and smart from an early age, practically lived in a library, possessed a strong moral compass - she always tried to right the wrongs not just in her life but also in the lives of those she truly cared for. Although not my favorite book from childhood, definitely the character I related to the most.

As an adult, there is a duality at play with me. When I feel relaxed enough to let my hair down and be myself, I'm more of a Lizzy Bennet in habit, cheekiness, and her delight in playful ridiculousness. Seemingly moody and even a little snooty by those who don't know her. When it comes to adult responsibilities, I find I relate much more to Elinor Dashwood. Dutiful, self-sacrificing, practical when it comes to family matters, and taking a more logical approach to matters of the heart. She is reserved yet compassionate, a confidante, a voice of reason, and one who has the best interests of her family at heart.

If we could mash the two, I'd be her. Elizabeth Dashwood or Elinor Bennet. :p

Reactions: hush
Ack, this is going to sound strange but I relate to Marla Singer from Fight club...

Vlad Taltos
vlad_taltos_by_shardglass.jpg

Last edited:
Princess Jasmine, when I was younger.

Aladdin-disneyscreencaps.com-1510.jpg

Now, Pi Patel, from Life of Pi (Oh, does my sig give that away?) :p
Personality, background, experience...check.
Basically,

His story = my story in figurative language.

life+of+pi+sunset.png

Last edited:
The Ringbearer

2j5z1a1.jpg

my hero is Nina Sayers. i like the way that this character is so focused on achieving her art and is relentless in her pursuit of it. i relate to the fragility and the strength of the character. some have told me that they see the story of this character as a tragedy, but i see tragedy generically as the study of mediocrity, and i think that the character is triumphant rather than mediocre. i think that the character made the right decisions to achieve her artistic product. my artistic destiny is definitely not in the direction that the character took, but if it had to be, i hope that it would be. i do aspire to the level of artistic triumph of the character, although i think that level of artistic achievement is probably unobtainable for me, i think that the ongoing journey of artistic disciplinary study and practice will be sufficiently satisfying to me in a lifetime sense.

Lisbeth Salander resonated somewhat, mostly because i was told by a couple of friends in different ocassions, after the american version of the movie came out that i seemed like masculine version of her somehow. Overall, i could relate to her, somewhat, but i think it was mainly the vibe i gave off, also i used to dress and wear similar piercings and haircut at the time, coincidentially.

I related with the Steppenwolf of Herman Hesse too. Although this seemed to reflect an internal crisis at an specific moment in my life. But i still can see a lot of me reflected on this character, specially the neurosis.

Reactions: fuddleincoffee
For a Classic Fictional Character: I can relate most with Jane Austen's "Emma" deemed as "which no one but myself would like" by the great Jane Austen herself. :D
I especially can relate with her thought process, the way she deals with her insecurities. Her naivety, silliness and innocent humor can even be charming.
She's a very flawed character who chose to embrace her vulnerability and being imperfect at the end. You'll either hate her or love her or in between.

emmagwynethpaltrow.jpg

3110.jpg

For a Modern Novel: I can relate so much with Jenny Han's "Lara Jean" from her novels "To all the boys I've loved before" and "P.S. I still love you"
Reading the novel; her thoughts made me laughed so much coz it was like I'm just reading about myself.
The only difference is she's my version of already entering into a relationship or having a first boyfriend.
I can definitely see myself in the way she react to things... plus she is very feminine. Our likes are exactly the same.
She's my twin sister in the written form! :D

13558092._SY540_.jpg

**throwing vanity in the window now** ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Satori
I relate most to Anne of Green Gables. In girlhood, I embellished life with baroque and romantic names and meanings. I spent much of my time in solitary games, devoted myself to a best friend, and in middle school invented imaginative clubs for myself and other girls.

I too had a troubled and unstable childhood. It did not calm down as hers did, which accounts for some differences between us.

I am presently reading the adult Anne books, which are darker as she sustains some disappointment in life. I share her inability to really integrate in established religion. Her prayers are more individual and separate. She's also quite attached to her home and husband, like me, with a will-o-wisp relationship with her creativity. She succeeded well at school, like me, but now married, does not have much larger dreams.

Reactions: Satori
th.jpg

th-1.jpeg

jane-eyre-images-jane-eyre-club-6261141-1428-833.jpg

Reactions: Free