Sensitive issue | INFJ Forum

Sensitive issue

mindlink

Regular Poster
May 5, 2013
MBTI
Inxj
Dear Infj`s i have a problem that i am struggling with any honest opinion would be gladly appreciated.

This is more of a struggle then a problem and it`s family oriented,i was raised in a dysfunctional family,my mother was stubborn and didn`t want to understand that growing up kids is a hard thing to do but that is not my life or problem,the situation is my father and that he has a schizophrenic disease normally when i was young it didn`t affect me but as i grew up i start understanding things and seeing my life different,at times it was unbearable and it made me consume myself because i can`t understand my father and couldn`t help him,eventually this problem made me act in a very apathetic and dispassionate way till it became a lifestyle.

How would this affect an infj overall?

Reactions: wonkavision
In what contexts do you find yourself to be apathetic or dispassionate? How does your apathy or lack of passion negatively affect your life, if at all?

Could you explain more about the relationship between your father and your self?

Every time he says something i don`t like....because of the disease i end up secluding myself indefinetly,sometimes months sometimes years.
As for my apathy....i end up taking everything too serious because of basically no good education from my parents and i end up not caring just to push people away in real life.
So yeah my apathy basically destroys my life.

At best i say hi to my dad and thats all...at worst we end up fighting i lash out because i want to put and end to this situation.
The problem is that besides his disease he is very i`ll educated.

So i ended up accepting my situation not being able to change this or that.

Last edited:
As for the passion....nothing i like sticking to nothing,i see everything in black,life sucks pretty much...i am very conscious that i am responsible for my life so i don`t know if i am actually looking for excuses or not.

Last edited:
And friends...i don`t have any if there is someone i know eventually i`ll push them away.

I grew up seeing myself as some sort of beast that just goes through life like a mad man...if there is a problem in my life or a person there......things end bad i either end up in a fight or i give up what i wanted to do,now this might be normal,in some cases but not when you`re 22 and still in high school with no plans for your life.

Well i reach a point where i get extremely angry...either because they get to close or i think they are stupid.

You tell me you`re the genius you think i wouldn`t try to get over it if i knew what was troubling me?

Who is this directed at... and where did it go?

You think i would still be asking questions if i knew that?

Yes I do. Unless you were stupid, then you'd stop asking questions.

My estp friend told me i see the wrong side of help....meaning if someone helps me i think they want something in return,while some people help because it`s nice or they feel good about it.

Why would you do that?

Well as i said i accepted my situation.
Or more likely i don`t want to do anything about it because alot of people will get hurt.

In some cases i got scared that some people look up to me because i try to make something out of my life from the situation.
Or i get scared that because they now me they might say something about the situation that will devastate me.
Seeing as how i am an Infj that would cripple me basically.

Well as i said i accepted my situation.
Or more likely i don`t want to do anything about it because alot of people will get hurt.

I can tell that you need professional help. Please seek some immediately.

I`ve taken the freaking mbti test a and it came out that i don`t listen to my feelings because i see them as a weakness.....Entj education much?