Selective Service | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Selective Service

Thats another tool in my arsenal, but, like the [SIZE=Default]conscientious objector[/SIZE], I'll need proof to prove it to a court.

Nobodies come forward with any petitions yet...

Mormons are not required to serve but they do... Quakers are exempt from military service because their way of life prohibits it...

as for murderers, i served over 9 years in the US Navy... i am not a murderer...

shit, i worked on computer systems and never fired a weapon at anyone...

i have stood watch with a 9mm on my hip and M14 over my shoulder with the order that warning shots are prohibited... never had to pull them... military posts are the last line of defense when it comes to your base... look at Beirut and what happened there...

i signed up for selective services about a week after my 18th birthday... i ran to the post office to do it... it is for drafting but there are a lot variables involved when going through the process.. they're not going to just throw a gun in your arms and tell you to shoot without any initial conformity... i did it because it was a way out of the door for me... have you ever had any poverty level schooling before..?

now i know how to fix these multi-million dollar computer systems for big businesses and world-wide communications... thanks to the military...

yea, i protested this conflict in Iraq when i was in as i protest it now... but i have much more pride for my service members and my country for it...

now, if only we can judge a whole country of service members off of one f^&khead president...

the term 'squid' is used for anyone that is serving or has served in the Navy...

Navy = Squid

Marines = Devil Dogs (<-- a term for the Marines picked up during WWII from the Germans when they said the "Marines fought like devil dogs."

Army = grounder pounders (probably more, but idk)

Air Force = aliens from the movie The Invasion (<--- lol, my personal favorite)

each of the US ships has a motto. the USS Winston S. Churchill simply states; "If you want peace, prepare for war" from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius. The Latin is: "Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."

I am a Squid and I am not a murderer...

you read flavius too? I agree with OP, your comments mj on the education bit is superceded by the fact that the US should provide good free education for everyone without needing to serve.

you read flavius too? I agree with OP, your comments mj on the education bit is superceded by the fact that the US should provide good free education for everyone without needing to serve.

should and is are both 2 different things... i remember growing up for years without electricity or running water... i remember living on the side of the Ozarks, taking our bath in the natural springs during winter... i grew up dirt poor, and for us, there was no way out...

until i found out that one of my uncle was Active Duty Navy and he was doing Recruiting at the time i was 19 yrs old... so i had him enlist me into the Navy... (he wasn't suppose to do that, but he did it anyways)

only then was i able to pull myself out of that poverty level and actually get some awesome training from the military...

... oh, and i wanted to be a ruthless murderer...

I can understand that desire... I wanted to be a ruthless muderer as a child too.

I found out about a place called Gaol though... kinda changed my mind slightly about implementing my desires. :(