Scientists have power to bring back dead | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Scientists have power to bring back dead

I suppose I would like to be revived in case I was going to hell and then I could change my ways accordingly. Hopefully I'd die soon after: being good doesnt go well with my lifestyle.

cryogenics... as in, putting a body into a deep freeze to "preserve" it actually does just the opposite. Anyone who has taken basic college level biology will know what happens to cells and cell membranes that are frozen.

The link works, and slowing down cell metabolism is a great thing for the type of situations listed in the article...but don't for a moment think that this somehow translates into "if i get frozen and preserved for a few hundred years, then maybe I can be revived later!!"

defribulators bring people back from the brink also... but i don't see anyone sticking the hand of a corpse into an electrical outlet with the belief that it will possibly "bring the dead back to life"

-E

cryogenics... as in, putting a body into a deep freeze to "preserve" it actually does just the opposite. Anyone who has taken basic college level biology will know what happens to cells and cell membranes that are frozen.

The link works, and slowing down cell metabolism is a great thing for the type of situations listed in the article...but don't for a moment think that this somehow translates into "if i get frozen and preserved for a few hundred years, then maybe I can be revived later!!"

defribulators bring people back from the brink also... but i don't see anyone sticking the hand of a corpse into an electrical outlet with the belief that it will possibly "bring the dead back to life"

-E

You can theoretically freeze someone, without causing massive cellular damage. It involves introducing massive amounts of something like glucose, which prevents the formation of large ice crystals; and the ability to freeze all the tissue very quickly - again to prevent the formation of ice crystals. I don't think anyone has seriously perfected the technique yet.

You can theoretically freeze someone, without causing massive cellular damage. It involves introducing massive amounts of something like glucose, which prevents the formation of large ice crystals; and the ability to freeze all the tissue very quickly - again to prevent the formation of ice crystals. I don't think anyone has seriously perfected the technique yet.

Aright, Touche'

but, as you said...it's still not actually even theoretically "viable"

Oh ya, and we have to find a way to bring the dead back to life also... so once we get the whole glucose/cellular preservation down, then there's just that little matter.

-E

god i'd love to spend a year with zoidberg after getting cryogenically frozen.

independence-day-scare_288x216.jpg

Yep, flash freezing = no ice crystals. This is how our frozen food is frozen which is why you're not supposed to refreeze things yourself. Obviously the average person doesn't have means to flash freeze things. Unless you're an Eskimo. I mean Inuit... sorry

I think the title is misleading, those people were very ill, but not dead. Imho the more sensible goal should be for science to improve and prolong good health whilst we are alive, so that we can enjoy life more, and make a contribution to society. Not chasing some unattainable immortality with all the potential problems that would bring.

Hi guys, this is my first post. I was gonna be a lurker but when I posted this on the INTP forum I was a tad skeptical, INTP's not having much sense of morality and all.

That's complete BS, and extremely ignorant. Do you always stereotype people you don't understand?

Then they's revive Lenin. He's still there lying and waiting for his star time.

Now seriously... What article calls "dead" I wouldn't. "Slipping away" yes but "dead" - hardly. I think the title is somewhat misleading. I don't think that it's wrong to prolong someone's life that was slipping away. IMO is quite similar to reviving someone after they had the cardiac arrest. Of course, if you're lucky to be there at the right moment... Wouldn't you try to save anyone? I bet you would. But bringing Lenin back to life is something else and not only because he's Lenin.