Schizophrenia (UMMC)

Matariki

Donor
Sep 30, 2009
MBTI
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Interesting two part interview that I found while surfing around on youtube.
I thought that I would like to share it with you guys here on the forums.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvFI_S_3Vb4&feature=channel"]YouTube - Schizophrenia (Part 1)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72kcxJyHlPM"]YouTube - Schizophrenia (Part 2)[/ame]
Schizophrenia is a mental health disorder that affects more than 2 million Americans (1.5% of the worlds population), In part one of this two-part interview, you will learn the latest about symptoms and treatments for schizophrenia, as well as what happens within the brain when people have this disease. Specific topics discussed in this portion of the program include:

• Schizophrenia symptoms
  • Diagnosing schizophrenia
  • Types of schizophrenia
  • Societal issues
  • Family issues

Dr. Anthony Lehman, chief of psychiatry at the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC). Dr. Lehman is also professor and chairman of psychiatry at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.

Schizophrenia

Thanks so much for posting this. It provides so much information about my son's mental illness--and does it much more articulately and succinctly than I ever could. I didn't know this was on Youtube. Now I can forward this interview to my ex-husband and older son in hopes of providing them with a greater understanding of the disorder sand some of Tom's difficulties and behaviors. Again. thanks.

Thanks so much for posting this. It provides so much information about my son's mental illness--and does it much more articulately and succinctly than I ever could. I didn't know this was on Youtube. Now I can forward this interview to my ex-husband and older son in hopes of providing them with a greater understanding of the disorder sand some of Tom's difficulties and behaviors. Again. thanks.

You're very welcome.
I'm sorry to hear of your sons mental illness but I am glad that this has helped.
Knowledge is gift to be shared.