Samsara - What is Death and Rebirth? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Samsara - What is Death and Rebirth?

Just sharing my own opinion not as a buddhist (I'm not) but as a witch. Some people think the soul is an inner core, I think it is an outer shell. I think that a soul is like a tube and the self is like strings running through the tube, and then when the death happens, all of the self strings get cleared out of the tube and dropped away and dispersed, and the tube can do other things - get recycled perhaps, go higher to another plane, or maybe get dissolved. Just my 2c

Reactions: AJ_

In the pursuit of learning, every day something is acquired. In the practice of Tao, every day something is dropped.

This made me think and realize some things. I'm more Tao than I've ever been. I'm not socially "correct." I'm not philosophically impressive. I've been letting stuff go because that's what I need to do. In the past I was secretly worried about doing things right because my ego wanted acceptance. Fuck that.

Yes, fuck that. I use that language because it makes the point. Head knowledge only gets you so far. I've come to realize just how many things about me are really only there because of reflections of my environment.

Reactions: AJ_
This made me think and realize some things. I'm more Tao than I've ever been. I'm not socially "correct." I'm not philosophically impressive. I've been letting stuff go because that's what I need to do. In the past I was secretly worried about doing things right because my ego wanted acceptance. Fuck that.

Yes, fuck that. I use that language because it makes the point. Head knowledge only gets you so far. I've come to realize just how many things about me are really only there because of reflections of my environment.

Thank you, Sprinkles, for sharing. The head knowledge can help the ego (which isn't necessarily bad) sort of keep up with having some understanding of what's going on around us - there's a limit though where it's better for the mind to relax and rest in the warmth of the universe. If "I" am able to breathe and have my heart beat without worrying about it, why really worry about anything else? Like going down a slide when you were a child, it's more fun to not think about how, but just go with it. Although if one wants to think about "how", it's not bad - maybe that's part of the wonder. There has to be wonder and "play" or it's just not worth it. Sometimes our lives get too busy to really stop and see the wonder of it all - which again leads back to Tao and being quiet and close to nature.

"In dwelling, be close to the land. In meditation, go deep in the heart. In dealing with others, be gentle."

Thank you, Sprinkles, for sharing. The head knowledge can help the ego (which isn't necessarily bad) sort of keep up with having some understanding of what's going on around us - there's a limit though where it's better for the mind to relax and rest in the warmth of the universe. If "I" am able to breathe and have my heart beat without worrying about it, why really worry about anything else? Like going down a slide when you were a child, it's more fun to not think about how, but just go with it. Although if one wants to think about "how", it's not bad - maybe that's part of the wonder. There has to be wonder and "play" or it's just not worth it. Sometimes our lives get too busy to really stop and see the wonder of it all - which again leads back to Tao and being quiet and close to nature.

"In dwelling, be close to the land. In meditation, go deep in the heart. In dealing with others, be gentle."
Thanks. Yeah, it's not bad in itself. The fact it was getting in my way is.

This is an interesting topic. The good news, or maybe the bad news, is that you will always be you, no matter what happens.
There isn't really such a thing as 'death', any more than leaving a room is a death. 'Separate' is maybe what dead is, and unity is the rule of law when you leave this place.
Don't try to distinguish what's ego, and what is something else. All of it is you, for good and for bad, and you are responsible for all of it.
You have to love and accept and forgive it all. Every evil you give your attention to. That's not so hard to do. Forgiven means forgotten.
Everything begins right now.