Sad Melancholy Thread | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Sad Melancholy Thread

Yeah, Alice is amazing.

I might give it a go today. I can't remember it very well... My favorite remains Rain Dogs but that may be for lack of enough familiarity with the broader catalogue.

My favorite remains Rain Dogs but that may be for lack of enough familiarity with the broader catalogue.

I love this one, I think it was a single:

For anybody that is into any indie, folk or alternative music! It’s an hour long playlist too. So a good variety of songs.

7C382F3B-2D93-48D8-A414-43BB11EA244F.jpeg 6880C4DE-3025-4C23-BB90-4988B5074A23.jpeg 5A97D0C4-D60F-47D7-A155-AD0B9CF21878.jpeg

5a97d0c4-d60f-47d7-a155-ad0b9cf21878-jpeg.45184

This one makes me think of places I've lived.

Anywhere in North Wales around Snowdonia. And cheaply :smiley:

Well America, I am sorry but I am breaking up with you. It’s not you, it’s me.

It’s just not working out. I have found another love much more suitable for me, North Wales has captured my heart.

I am sorry...

*has suitcase in hand. Exits door*

Hello everyone!

From what I've noticed and observed, introverted types (some at least) have a deep attraction towards things that are quite hauntingly sad, nostalgic, bittersweet, and dark---especially myself who I find darkness beautiful and calming, similarly to a moth to a flame.

I've noticed a pattern within myself on this forum that I have the tendency on posting some songs that are either sad or nostalgic---or pictures that are rainy, dark, and quite somber---especially autumn-like scenery. It's not that I am a sad person, quite the opposite really; it is just that I find the whole concept of darkness extremely calming and therapeutic; which sounds really odd, but it's true! I don't know how to really explain or conceptualize it.

There is something about sadness that has that enriching sense of "realness" that is incredibly intriguing and very human. Is it because us introverted types are so familiar with being alone and isolated that the feeling of melancholy and sadness is our familiar companion?

Or is it because INFJs like the connections of the unknown and unseen?

Do also share your perspectives if you'd like! I am very curious to what all of you think regarding this topic. :relaxed:

Anyways, this thread is for us folks that love anything dark, haunting, nostalgic, and sad. May it be songs, art, pictures, poetry, movie scenes, etc! Anything! :)

I will go first.

8d2453140c04b8cdd54d238f6a9ddc94.jpg

Actually, I know what you mean. I'm quite similar in the case of being near or revolving around dark and sad things. For one I believe introverts gravitate towards things are unconventional as in things that aren't quite popular with the majority of people. And that we tend to like or move into secluded/quiet surroundings.

From personal experiences I love it when it rains at night with the sound of thunder and rain patter against the roof. In art I love old stuff' such as vintage photographs and black and white movies. It's a very strange feeling yet at the same time serene and comforting.

Movie: The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)

dr-caligari-show.jpg

Photograph: Flapper Girl

fashion-photography-by-edward-steichen-in-the-1920s-and-1930s-4.jpg

Actually, I know what you mean. I'm quite similar in the case of being near or revolving around dark and sad things. For one I believe introverts gravitate towards things are unconventional as in things that aren't quite popular with the majority of people. And that we tend to like or move into secluded/quiet surroundings.

From personal experiences I love it when it rains at night with the sound of thunder and rain patter against the roof. In art I love old stuff' such as vintage photographs and black and white movies. It's a very strange feeling yet at the same time serene and comforting.

Movie: The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)

dr-caligari-show.jpg

Photograph: Flapper Girl

fashion-photography-by-edward-steichen-in-the-1920s-and-1930s-4.jpg

I absolutely agree. :)

And oh yeah! I absolutely love vintage, old items. They capture that essence of a history that has long passed but also that sadness and nostalgia of an era that ended, and people who lived their lives to the fullest that are no longer part of this world. I love anything vintage. Something so bittersweet about them.

Rain at night is amazing. It rained here a couple days ago due to tropical storm Rosa, and I just remember just being soooo sleepy during the day because of how calming and therapeutic the rain and thunder was. I absolutely love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: flower and Wyote