JJJA

Permanent Fixture
Jun 13, 2015
MBTI
Na
Enneagram
[video=youtube;Wji-BZ0oCwg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg[/video]

What a time to be alive.

Wearing my BB-8 earrings and my Rebel Alliance tee for this glorious occasion.

Nerds represent, yo!

Reactions: Wyote
Wearing my BB-8 earrings and my Rebel Alliance tee for this glorious occasion.

Nerds represent, yo!

tumblr_lyvwhf2uAq1qch9x6.png

Sweet Jesus this actually looks better than The Force Awakens— and I've still yet to see that one as well!

O:

That trailer looks awesome. I'm already excited and December is just too far away!

And [MENTION=13729]Free[/MENTION] you look really beautiful. :yo:

Reactions: Free
Sweet Jesus this actually looks better than The Force Awakens– and I've still yet to see that one as well!

O:

I don't usually try to engage in film one-upmanship, but this does indeed look like the better film. Just from the cinematography and special effects alone, it looks like a solid standalone film. This puts even more pressure on the film makers due to this being the only chance of them pulling it off because they won't be relying on a three-part trilogy to tell a story.

The reason I have high hopes: take a look at the Imperial Officer in the trailer. He is played by the Australian actor Ben Mendelsohn. He immediately caught my attention with his performance in The Dark Knight Rises as John Daggett; the suave, cunning and power-hungry businessman at Wayne Enterprises (If he can pull off a perfect American accent, he can surely pull off a memorable English accent for an Imperial Officer). I also think that all of the attributes he displayed in the Batman film will play a huge role in influencing his performance here, and will aid his efforts to successfully and realistically portray a Star Wars villain in the classic Machiavellian form.

The only worry I have is that the film makers said they would 'digitally recreate' Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin. I can only hope that they chose to scrap such a terrible idea and instead hire Mendelsohn to play the role of a younger Tarkin. This would be a perfect casting choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rcs6r
yeah about all that, I cannot seem to place this anywhere in the star wars timeline, I don't recognize any of the actors as being in the last movie or representing ones from previous movies. Where in the timeline are we? I think I'm seeing the original xwings tho, so are we back in a in the timeline where darth vader still lives ? It looks like empire stuff instead of first order ? I'm also worried about the last shot in the trailer being all hunger games like..

Reactions: Rcs6r
Spoiler.....

At the end of FA the lead character goes to train with Luke skywalker. I don't see any mention of that here. Wtf?

I should have guessed that Disney would completely run with this franchise.
They always had a nack for taking the best things and making them...more.

yeah about all that, I cannot seem to place this anywhere in the star wars timeline, I don't recognize any of the actors as being in the last movie or representing ones from previous movies. Where in the timeline are we? I think I'm seeing the original xwings tho, so are we back in a in the timeline where darth vader still lives ? It looks like empire stuff instead of first order ? I'm also worried about the last shot in the trailer being all hunger games like..

This is just before A New Hope. You can see the Death Star in the trailer - that is the first Death Star being built.

It's a prequel standalone film set just before the events of Episode IV in-which a team of Rebel fighters attempt to steal the plans to the first Death Star.

[MENTION=13855]JJJA[/MENTION], I'm so glad someone posted this. I thought about it, because I felt like I had found my people, but I wasn't positive.

Now I know. <3

I made this yesterday because it's the most adorable part of the whole trailer

Bath Time

The cinematographer charged for this film's camera-work is owed to Greig Fraser; the same man that worked on Zero Dark Thirty. This is also the first Star Wars film officially named in the war film drama. These are all interesting and potentially game-breaking prospects for the franchise.

This could turn out to be the best Star Wars film.

I had absolutely no interest in this before the trailer. It actually looks pretty good. And I usually don't care about Star Wars unless it features insane magic sword battles with lightening coming out of someone's hands. Which is why Revenge of the Sith is my favorite out of all the movies. It may have terrible acting and ridiculous dialogue, but it's also go Jedi's chopping hands off of one another and people being fried to death by force lightening.

So, obviously the best out of all the movies.

I hope Disney milks the franchise for all its worth.

I want a Sith film, about the Sith, featuring hitherto unseen uses of the force, and without any "the good guys always win" crap. I want American Psycho with a lightsaber, throwing lightning, and tearing buildings apart.

So....

Who is Jyn Erso?