ChadKarding

Community Member
Jul 31, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4-9
How to Suck at your Religion

Personally I agree with most of it except the part about telling your children what your religion teaches about life, the world, etc.

Also, I don't think it's wrong to respectfully share your beliefs with others as long as they agree to listen.

Reactions: Kmal
I think it is ridiculous to expect people to not share the things they believe with their children.

Reactions: wonkavision
I laughed. Good stuff

That was great!

Going to check out other comics on that site.

How to Suck at your Religion

Personally I agree with most of it except the part about telling your children what your religion teaches about life, the world, etc.

Also, I don't think it's wrong to respectfully share your beliefs with others as long as they agree to listen.

Great comic.

I think different people choose to share or indoctrinate their children for various reasons. For some its mostly cultural, eg, just the same as teaching them about food or etiquette, traditions, or anything else that they have come to accept, for others its simply another reward/punishment system to teach their kids 'morals' and social mores or 'acceptable' behaviour. And for others its for a more compelling reason, like they feel the need to teach their children in order to 'save' them or 'enlighten' them because thats what the parents really believe.

So many religions are fear based, and rely on a reward/punishment system. There are many people that are genuinely terrified of being punished somehow or going to hell, or of their loved ones going to hell. If one truly believed in this narrative or the existance of hell, this would be understandably terrifying.

This is a really interesting site that 'translates' bible scriptures into 'childrens stories'. It would probably be offensive to most Christians for obvious reasons. These stories are certainly not for everyone. But when i was a child being indoctrinated by my parents, i was pretty disturbed by most of the stories that i read and learned about.
http://www.alltruebible.com/- all true bible stories for children.

and sorry for using so many freaking inverted commas!

Reactions: muir