Reincarnation, I think everyone should check this out | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Reincarnation, I think everyone should check this out

[MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION]
You seem to be on a path that looks similar to mine. You keep asking questions and the answers you find guide you to other areas and questions. I think your open mind is an asset in general and I will be interested to see where it leads you.
I find it interesting when you say things like "I still dont believe in a god" It leads me to wonder if you expect to at some point, if you are trying to or any number of things. I identify with being an athiest at this point in my life and I think I always will. Perhaps due in part to never finding a definitive definition as to what a "god" is. I find it humorous these days when some one asks me if I believe in God and I say, which god? They look honestly confused, "You know, the one and only God." So if we define God as any spoken of in religion its easy for me to say no and that I never will. But if we define God or gods only as something that created out existence either knowingly or unknowingly I can say I believe in the possibility. Unbreakable foundations, on or off, black and white is what I seek to break everything down to. But even thats hard becaue is black really black as a color or is it black because it is nothing at all? :) Is white really nothing as well because it is everything to include nothing?

I dont even know what my point is right now..

This is how my mind works. A simple sentence overlayed on what I have come to understand about you leads my thoughts down these paths. When I type I can hold onto them for a bit longer as my words take longer to type then my thoughts do to think. Left without typing I suspect I would have somehow related your sentence to the fact that apples do not grow all year around.
Ha ha! Sorry I suspect that will only be funny to me.

I think all religion at its foundation is an attempt to create a foundation with which to build on. Its not good or bad but while some people only build in one direction people like you and I build in all directions.

Last edited:
Well…if we wish to define a singular God. Throughout history in monotheistic religions God is associated with Creation, as the creator. In religions with multiple Gods or Goddesses there is generally a God for each (previously) unexplained parts of nature…such as a sun god, god of death, etc..
I’m sure you know all this already, you’re a smarty-pants.
It’s all subjective like you are inferring…what is a God to one thing or person when viewed from a different perspective could be well below that expectation.
Those that have had an NDE or recently they have been testing psychedelics, and it seems to change people’s perspective in a very good way.
This is part of why they are using psychedelics for depression now, because they are finding it actually does expand that part of the mind (they even have results showing new brain cell growth) and it gives that person a sense of interconnectedness that seemed to be closed off before. It seems to have a calming effect on people and their lives and allows someone to be content where once they were depressed and anxious. The same goes with NDE…this is a life-changing experience for anyone who has had one…and once again, it gives that person the interconnectedness and contentment that wasn’t there before.
Idk personally, I have yet to play around with any psychedelic substances…but I won’t deny that it is on my list of things to try at least once in my life.

Be careful. When younger I thought of but did not put much stock into the idea that the brain could be damaged so easily or that even if it were it could have such far reaching effects of how the world is perceived by the person.
I now know that even the smallest of changes can have far reaching implications. And which are potentially good I dont think anyone can say for sure though there are any number of people who would like to say they can.

My point is not to dissuade you. Even in my less then ideal physical state now, I contemplate if given the chance to do this one with no societal repercussions would I or not. I think my curiosity would win though I would take great precaution.
I am constantly dizzy these days and it is a constant reminder that I am mortal and the the human body can malfunction in unexpected ways. I think that sometimes I get caught up in my thoughts so deeply that I come to believe that is all that I am, a consciousness outside a physical body and that because of it, my physical body does not have an effect on my mind. But I know now it does.
So be cautious if you go down that path. I would look at it as achieving a successful surgery to the best of your ability. :) Get the best doctor and product that you can for the journey.

@Eventhorizon
My own personal viewpoint is not that there is a creator God…or even a deity-type God…more that the universe is God and we are all part of that. And if we could just slightly change our perspective (something that I feel people like Jesus and Buddha could do and see) we can see the universe for what it is…like peeking around the corner. But the up side to NOT being able to see that now, is in my own belief, that we will all experience that perspective change like it or not when we die…we are everything at once.
Even so, the human mind has been set up with an ego…I believe this was done on purpose…and I think we also agreed to it. I believe this is all to learn, maybe even the Universe doesn’t know why it is here? Inserting an ego, changes that perspective…you see things and feel things that you never would without one. Maybe we are the grand experiment to understand what is actually good and evil?

Be careful. When younger I thought of but did not put much stock into the idea that the brain could be damaged so easily or that even if it were it could have such far reaching effects of how the world is perceived by the person.
I now know that even the smallest of changes can have far reaching implications. And which are potentially good I dont think anyone can say for sure though there are any number of people who would like to say they can.

My point is not to dissuade you. Even in my less then ideal physical state now, I contemplate if given the chance to do this one with no societal repercussions would I or not. I think my curiosity would win though I would take great precaution.
I am constantly dizzy these days and it is a constant reminder that I am mortal and the the human body can malfunction in unexpected ways. I think that sometimes I get caught up in my thoughts so deeply that I come to believe that is all that I am, a consciousness outside a physical body and that because of it, my physical body does not have an effect on my mind. But I know now it does.
So be cautious if you go down that path. I would look at it as achieving a successful surgery to the best of your ability. :) Get the best doctor and product that you can for the journey.
Oh man…of course…if I were to do anything it would be like a half normal dose of magic mushrooms…I wouldn’t just jump into droppers-full of liquid LSD…lol.
No…I haven’t yet because I haven’t made up my mind yet to actually try it…it’s still on my list, but I can always cross it off….lol.

Oh man…of course…if I were to do anything it would be like a half normal dose of magic mushrooms…I wouldn’t just jump into droppers-full of liquid LSD…lol.
No…I haven’t yet because I haven’t made up my mind yet to actually try it…it’s still on my list, but I can always cross it off….lol.

As a note, for what its worth, I have already had mushrooms much earlier in my life. I personally do not think or feel that type of experience has any great thing to teach anyone other than the brain can in fact be manipulated to perceive differently through chemicals. I dont believe they have a mind "opening" quality to them other than that.

As a note, for what its worth, I have already had mushrooms much earlier in my life. I personally do not think or feel that type of experience has any great thing to teach anyone other than the brain can in fact be manipulated to perceive differently through chemicals. I dont believe they have a mind "opening" quality to them other than that.
No…not by themselves. These experiments are done in very controlled ways with almost a guided meditation going on during the trip.
Just like anything…things can be used as tools I believe, or they can be misused and abused.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION]

I know this could be a stretch in the minds of some…but I find it fascinating.

Compare:

The human nervous system.

1505226_929237537097258_8068572558447956793_n.jpg

And Laniakea in our Universe.

laniakea_354.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Could be just coincidental…but it seems that things in our universe seem to follow the same rules from the gigantic down to the very minuscule.

Reactions: flower
[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION]

Compare:

Could be just coincidental…but it seems that things in our universe seem to follow the same rules from the gigantic down to the very minuscule.

Bit of a stretch that picture but I get the concept. The one I am really interested in is the rendering of all known matter and gravitational sources in the known universe to include dark matter. The rendering done by supercomputers looks almost dead on to humans neurological pathways in the brain.

Let me ask you what would you do if one day you found out you are the equivalent of a blood cell in the human body?

Bit of a stretch that picture but I get the concept. The one I am really interested in is the rendering of all known matter and gravitational sources in the known universe to include dark matter. The rendering done by supercomputers looks almost dead on to humans neurological pathways in the brain.

Let me ask you what would you do if one day you found out you are the equivalent of a blood cell in the human body?

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/pc/brain-universe.html

Cool stuff...
Well…then we would have to question what our place is in the universe? Also, could we contact the “source” or the intelligence behind it all? Then we would have to look within our own self and ask the same questions about our own cells and neurons.

You pretty much are the equivalent of a blood cell. Or at least the equivalent of a cell of some kind.

I mean think about it. You're part of the cycle of the universe. What you do effects the totality of existence. You may think this can't be so because you're so small and what you do seems very localized, but consider this - a singular blood cell is also the same way. You could lose one blood cell and your body wouldn't even notice but if you lost them all at once, you'd die.

You pretty much are the equivalent of a blood cell. Or at least the equivalent of a cell of some kind.

I mean think about it. You're part of the cycle of the universe. What you do effects the totality of existence. You may think this can't be so because you're so small and what you do seems very localized, but consider this - a singular blood cell is also the same way. You could lose one blood cell and your body wouldn't even notice but if you lost them all at once, you'd die.
Its a thought I have had for a long while. Longer than you might think. Its why I enjoyed the Matrix in part, because so many of the conceptualizations where put in one place. I think of us as more of a virus then a blood cell dont you? :) You know not all but the vast majority of humanity.

Its a thought I have had for a long while. Longer than you might think. Its why I enjoyed the Matrix in part, because so many of the conceptualizations where put in one place. I think of us as more of a virus then a blood cell dont you? :) You know not all but the vast majority of humanity.

A cell and a virus. They're pretty close to the same thing except one seems more subjectively unsavory and destructive - an invader. None the less we're a sub-unit of reality.

Arguably a universe without a virus could not come to pass.

@Eventhorizon

Compare:

I love this kind of stuff. :tongue: The universe is us and we are the universe. You are the universe and the universe is you. Everything is math.
A couple of years ago I ran into the idea of Templates. Human beings and everything else of Earth are based upon a set of templates.

Reactions: Skarekrow
What kind of engineer were you?

It sounds like you still consider yourself an atheist ("I still don't believe in a god.") - is that correct? There's still a lot of room along the continuum of belief, which is why I'm clarifying.

What do you mean by 'energy'?

I was a chemical engineer. Graduated in '80 and was ARCO's 3rd female engineer to work in their (at that time) largest refinery in the states....down south of Houston around "stinkadena".

Yes. I suppose I could still call myself an 'atheist' as I believe there is no such entity as the god described by most religions.

The Energy Paradigm? The one that teaches we are spiritual beings(Energy) having a human experience. We are Energy - an essence of a larger Energy - all vibrating at certain frequencies. This is the reason we can incarnate into various entities and live out "lives" according to the Energy level we vibrate.

Reactions: Korg
@Kgal and others who care to comment. What is your definition of a god? Something that has more power over its environment than you? Something that has more knowledge or understanding than you....

If we look at the Christian and Catholic god, this god created everything we know but there is good evidence its possible we may have been created by other humans in what would seem like our future but would really be their present. Does that make them our god? What is a "god"?

??? What is a "god"? Wow....so many ideas pop into my head when I contemplate this.

It sounds as if you define a "god" so as to include the ability to create. Is this your idea of a god?

Creation happens at many levels. Yes? It's a never ending self generating fractal set in motion and fueled by Source Energy. So I suppose using the definition of "the ability to create" is a god - then source energy is a god.

We may have been created by other humans from our future - but their present? Cool! I like that story. :) I don't consider them gods - though - not in the religious definition. A human being is comprised of the body and the Energy essence of our higher vibrational being.... while living out a life here on earth. This is how reincarnation works. The human body is formed in the mother and your higher vibrational being puts a piece of its self - YOUR self - into the body prior to being born. The human body then has the 'spark' of life in it - powered and sourced by your higher vibrational being who is sourced from another higher vibrational being who is sourced from....etc etc. all the way back to Source Energy.

I've heard several different views on how the human body was crafted into being. I don't know if I believe them and I have decided it doesn't matter whether I believe any of them or not. But for fun....my favorite one is the story of how we were cobbled together from many galactic entities submitting genes and codes and dna etc. They did this so a wider variety of galactic entities could incarnate here down on earth. To me this sounds as logical as any other creation story. :lol:

I would love to hear more about the humans living in their present creating us now.

??? What is a "god"? Wow....so many ideas pop into my head when I contemplate this.

It sounds as if you define a "god" so as to include the ability to create. Is this your idea of a god?

Creation happens at many levels. Yes? It's a never ending self generating fractal set in motion and fueled by Source Energy. So I suppose using the definition of "the ability to create" is a god - then source energy is a god.

We may have been created by other humans from our future - but their present? Cool! I like that story. :) I don't consider them gods - though - not in the religious definition. A human being is comprised of the body and the Energy essence of our higher vibrational being.... while living out a life here on earth. This is how reincarnation works. The human body is formed in the mother and your higher vibrational being puts a piece of its self - YOUR self - into the body prior to being born. The human body then has the 'spark' of life in it - powered and sourced by your higher vibrational being who is sourced from another higher vibrational being who is sourced from....etc etc. all the way back to Source Energy.

I've heard several different views on how the human body was crafted into being. I don't know if I believe them and I have decided it doesn't matter whether I believe any of them or not. But for fun....my favorite one is the story of how we were cobbled together from many galactic entities submitting genes and codes and dna etc. They did this so a wider variety of galactic entities could incarnate here down on earth. To me this sounds as logical as any other creation story. :lol:

I would love to hear more about the humans living in their present creating us now.
The ability to create... would an artist be a god then?

YES! Now you're talkin'....

I think a god as a minimum would need to be an artist if it were going to be a good god. :)

Anyway, its very difficult for me to relate to people that believe in gods and it becomes more difficult when I try to talk to them. Inheritntly if the conversation even makes it that far at some point, it devolves into "because" or "you just have to take it on faith. " Something I cant seem to do. :)

I think a god as a minimum would need to be an artist if it were going to be a good god. :)

Anyway, its very difficult for me to relate to people that believe in gods and it becomes more difficult when I try to talk to them. Inheritntly if the conversation even makes it that far at some point, it devolves into "because" or "you just have to take it on faith. " Something I cant seem to do. :)
I am mostly the same way I think…it is very difficult for me to take anything just on faith.
I mean, what the hell is faith anyhow? To me…faith is a non sequitur…it either is, or it isn’t. There is a grey area, but that is the area of what we don’t understand…it’s not something magical.
Even “magic” itself…maybe there are people out there that can do some form of it that actually works…to me, that would be like a “hack” of reality…which science allows for.
I think I have a different type of belief from you as well because I have experienced what would be considered “paranormal” events that our current science cannot account for and also had witnesses besides myself present. So I think maybe I hand out more slack when considering events like that taking place than you do…which isn’t good or bad….just where we are.
Anyhow, I have always enjoyed talking about such things with you and other’s on here…it’s good to see another perspective.