R.I.P. NASA | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

R.I.P. NASA

Yes, there was governmental waste at NASA.
I don’t think it should have shut the whole program down…but the response we have gotten is more of the same from the generation in charge…reap the benefits for themselves and then ruin it for their children…change “Nasa” with any number of other words like “College” “Pension plan” “retirement” “Single-income” “benefits” “unions” etc etc. and it pretty much sums up how they handle things.
We have so much money flowing to fund wars and death and hate and evil…only a tiny fraction could help humanity greatly.
It’s no surprise when you look at how our media breeds more fear…it’s always something…the Muslims…Ebola…Obamacare…immigrants…good lord…they would have us think they are all on our doorstep while our society completely ignores Wall Street causing the fall of our economy - again.
Look at the Cronibus bill that just passed - http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/12/12/citigroup-responds-to-citigroupshutdown/
This will put the average taxpayer on the hook for Trillions. Why?
Why do they need the taxpayer as insurance for investment houses that gamble and play games with people’s retirement money?
There are estimates out there that there is something like $32 TRILLION in tax shelters offshore…I say we go get it.(http://moneymorning.com/2013/05/01/check-out-whos-hiding-32-trillion-in-offshore-accounts/)
This is why we can’t have nice things…this is why we don’t have Nasa.

Yeah. Probably easier said than done. We don't want to ruin the US's credibility anymore do we?

And more crap keeps hitting this fan...

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/01/22/3614235/seriously-we-are-all-doomed/

People who have no business talking about science are taking the reigns.

PS - NASA was not just about the space shuttle. They were pretty much the scientific go-to people for many engineering and scientific studies. The NTSB also used them to research and test theories about many aviation disasters over the years. Not to mention the fact that they popularized Tang :)

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/01/22/3614235/seriously-we-are-all-doomed/

PS - NASA was not just about the space shuttle. They were pretty much the scientific go-to people for many engineering and scientific studies. The NTSB also used them to research and test theories about many aviation disasters over the years. Not to mention the fact that they popularized Tang :)

I really hope someone just goes in there and calls them out on all their bullshit.
I wished as I watched the SOTU the other night that someone…ANYONE…would break in with a special bulletin “Citizens of America…your Congress has been bought and sold out…the Presidency has been bought and sold out…the Supreme Court has been bought and sold out…your lives as member’s of society in the US have been bought and sold out. No more, all of those elected by big money will face charges of treason.”
But alas…who am I kidding….*sigh*

NASA wasn't all about the shuttle but just think how much MORE awesome NASA would be if they hadn't wasted so much.

I hate to keep harping about it but it isn't a small thing and the fact they wasted so much is part of what led to them being cut in the first place. They could have been exploring so much more. They could have put a rover on Mars 10 years earlier instead of just getting it done in 2012. Russia had stuff on Mars in the freaking 70's! The first man made thing to touch Mars actually.

$200 billion is a significant amount. This is like saying excessive military spending is just ok because the US is still a first world country.

[MENTION=2890]Lerxst[/MENTION]

Basically NASA has some of the best scientists in the world but they only managed to do good enough and that bugs me. They could have been ridiculously better.

Having worked for the government I can say this. Somehow there is an excessive amount of idiots put in charge of making decisions. Couple that with the red tape they have to wade through, its honestly amazing when anything gets done. Plus there are a whole series of proprietary softwares that when they want to upgrade and move away from, it take untold time and money to do so.

Fine with me. NASA has no place as a government agency. I don't think it should be totally eliminated, but privatizing it and turning it into an independent organization would be ideal.