Psychology of Moodiness | INFJ Forum

Psychology of Moodiness

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by NaeturVindur, Apr 30, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by NaeturVindur
  1. NaeturVindur

NaeturVindur Cuddlemaster
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    iNfj
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    First off, what RL is describing is NOT bipolar disorder, and should not be treated as such. Bipolar episodes last days to months, not hours. He doesn't need lithium right now, he needs his moodiness smoothed.

The deal with masturbation is that it regulates various neurotransmitters. Immediately following the orgasm, prolactin is released, which brings dopamine and testosterone levels back to normal. Extended periods without an orgasm have been shown to create moodiness because these hormones are not regulated.

I would do the research to back up my claims, but I sadly don't have the time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 NaeturVindur, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  2. Blind Bandit

Blind Bandit Blind Man Being Lead to Nowhere
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    [quote=N

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Blind Bandit, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
    NaeturVindur likes this.
  3. anica

anica dark dreamer
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    My dear Gabriel, I have been where you are and it is torturous, but leaving the forum will not help. You are not dragging anyone else down, though I know that's your sincere perception. I remember feeling at times as if I were some kind of black hole. This is very distorted thinking. You support others on this forum all the time, in and out of depression. My guess is you do so as well irl. You are not a danger to anyone but yourself.

Heck, I don't know--I'm not a guy--but maybe masturbating would help. I often get hypersexual during manias, so it might provide some relief. but I really believe you need to get some professional help, and sooner rather than later. From your description of your feelings, you sound very bipolar, though I'll reiterate I'm not a mental healthcare professional.

I know you feel you should and will always be alone, but this, too, is distorted thinking. Isolating yourself actually exacerbates depression. Please, my dear friend, see a real professional and whatever you do, don't leave us all here without you.

~anica

4. anica

anica dark dreamer
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Maybe I should say bye...

[quote=N

#4 anica, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  5. OP
    NaeturVindur

Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    iNfj
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    A manic episode consists of at least 3 of : Increased goal activity or physical restlessness [nope], unusual talkativeness; rapid speech [maybe], flight of idea; or impression thereof [no], decreased need for sleep [maybe], inflated self-esteem [I really wish, but no], distractbility [yes], excessive involvement in pleasurable activities with negative consequences [no].

as far as I can tell, he doesn't have manic episodes, so, no, this isn't Bipolar.

Also, it might be worth while to split the psychology to another thread. yes?

6. Raccoon Love

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    4w5
  7. OP
    NaeturVindur

Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    iNfj
    Enneagram:
    9w1