Psychic Abilities Anyone? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Psychic Abilities Anyone?

I find the ability to turn this shit off difficult too. Im in the midst of researching better ways to shield and protect myself. Its similar to setting emotional boundaries with people, but I have to think on a different level, use different tools, and set different boundaries in a completely different landscape - piece of cake (not). Theres no damn rule book like they have in academia or even psychology, which is actually a good thing. Im floating in the damn void - oh yeah, I forgot, I'm supposed to be enjoying this.

Who said floating in the void was supposed to be enjoyable? It ain't....

A month or so ago I was assailed with unwanted thoughts of beings floating through my sphere...even a friend who liked to go peeking in to others lives. I'm not sure she knows the extent of her psychic abilities. All I know is it pissed me off to see her and other unknowns intruding their thoughts in to my space. So I asked for assistance from guides and we practiced establishing boundaries and releasing the unwanted energies from my field so I could close others out.

Now I need to practice noticing when I'm voluntarily opening up.

I use the statement "I release that which no longer serves me for my highest good and for the highest good of all"...and also "I release that which is not mine". Then I try to "feel" my energy field and see if there are any nuances or differences in places. I'm not very adept at feeling it definitively...but I can tell the difference. There are no more intrusive thoughts showing up.

Tell me about your experiences.

Reactions: #@&5&49
Who said floating in the void was supposed to be enjoyable? It ain't....

It appears to be an acquired taste, which I'm not sure I've acquired yet. Great advice, thank you. I witnessed a loved one dying of metastatic cancer all over their body, come back from that and walk away. Modern science did everything they could do, and then this person healed themselves. They used the power of focused thought and energy, a similar type of energy as psychic energy, just applied in a different way. The person defied almost everything modern medicine said to be true.

I am now in awe of a type of power I never fully acknowledged, nor fully realized just how powerful it can be. All I can say is it blew my mind, changed my previous perspective completely around, and then turned my life in a completely different direction. Most of my previous life as I knew it, no longer exists. Once again my reality has died and been reborn. I outgrew my old life like a pair of old jeans. Now I look back on my old life and think to myself, what the fuck was I doing. Its all good though and part of what we call living life.

Reactions: PintoBean
It appears to be an acquired taste, which I'm not sure I've acquired yet. Great advice, thank you. I witnessed a loved one dying of metastatic cancer all over their body, come back from that and walk away. Modern science did everything they could do, and then this person healed themselves. They used the power of focused thought and energy, a similar type of energy as psychic energy, just applied in a different way. The person defied almost everything modern medicine said to be true.

I am now in awe of a type of power I never fully acknowledged, nor fully realized just how powerful it can be. All I can say is it blew my mind, changed my previous perspective completely around, and then turned my life in a completely different direction. Most of my previous life as I knew it, no longer exists. Once again my reality has died and been reborn. I outgrew my old life like a pair of old jeans. Now I look back on my old life and think to myself, what the fuck was I doing. Its all good though and part of what we call living life.

Hahahahaha..... I laughed so hard while shaking my head "yes".... exactly what the fuck WERE we doing???? Ohmygod that's funny....

What an amazing story! I know [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5667]Jacobi[/MENTION] will want to see this.

You witnessed a miracle in the happening! The Universe demonstrated how powerful a Sovereign Human Being can be when the mind is focused through the Heart. Woot! Dannng that's exciting to see happening.

I think people are implicitly defining what psychic powers are. It will always be relatively out of reach. In the same way we want magic to be magical: something we cannot explain. It's understandable, but I think a bit of context is needed. If your answer is based on fantasy, maybe you're answering the wrong question.

I had a dream last night I was driving my car and it started to blow up from not having changed my oil. I hope I'm not psychic. But it did remind me I'm due for an oil change.

Reactions: Kgal
I had a dream last night I was driving my car and it started to blow up from not having changed my oil. I hope I'm not psychic. But it did remind me I'm due for an oil change.

Wow, seriously?

The person who is still alive is psychic; clairaudient, clairsentient, and clairvoyant. The person took all of those energies and redirected and channeled them into healing their own body. Energy is energy, it can be redirected. The person is now being studied by people in the medical field. They can't figure out why this person is alive. They are trying to attribute it to a host of tangible mundane explanations. They keep saying, "this has never happened with this type of cancer before, it just doesn't happen.". The person keeps saying, "I channeled my psychic energy into healing my body and it worked. It's as simple as that". Even the people in the medical field are calling it "a miracle" because there is no rational explanation for it.

Ah, who cares really what it's called, channeling psychic energy, God, a miracle. It's still a mind blower. I since went on from that experience to have many similar experiences with this person and psychic energies. Not quite as dramatic and profound as that one, but every one of them is quite an amazing experience - too cool. I spent 30 years in a rigid academic environment learning and teaching. In my life, what I'm experiencing now, is a different part of life. I don't know if I would say it's better or worse. It's just different, and damn fascinating I might add, and a hec of a lot more fun!

Last edited:
I think people are implicitly defining what psychic powers are. It will always be relatively out of reach. In the same way we want magic to be magical: something we cannot explain. It's understandable, but I think a bit of context is needed. If your answer is based on fantasy, maybe you're answering the wrong question.

I'm not sure if it will always be out of reach. I mean, I believe our species will evolve to the degree where people will be able to heal themselves and each other in combination with modern medicine. Modern medicine is currently on the decline and in the crapper anyway. So people are searching for alternatives. Wouldn't it make sense that through that searching our minds will evolve to a point of being able to heal people in different ways then we currently believe. It just seems like a natural course of the evolution of our species. A logical next step to me. But, I'll be long gone from this life before that becomes a reality. It's pretty darn interesting to see it beginning though.

I'm not sure if it will always be out of reach.

What I mean by "out of reach" is that we will always want it to be more. If someone from the 18th century saw a computer, he'd think it was magic. And after we understand how it works, or at least get used to it, we'll want magic to be something greater. Magic is a moving target. By definition it will always be unattainable.

What I mean by "out of reach" is that we will always want it to be more. If someone from the 18th century saw a computer, he'd think it was magic. And after we understand how it works, or at least get used to it, we'll want magic to be something greater. Magic is a moving target. By definition it will always be unattainable.

Wait, does that mean you're not an immortal black wizard?

I do not know they can be developed. And honestly I simply do not see much use for them anyway.

Wait, does that mean you're not an immortal blk wizard?

What is the quantum superposition word for yes and no?

At some point in my infinite life, I wasn't a wizard, but that was an eternity
ago. So I was technically always a wizard and never a wizard. When am I?

I am a wizard to myself whenever I time travel to show the old me who I will be.
The time differential moves faster than the moving target of the definition of
magic. Who am I?

I am old as time itself. Where is my cane? Where am I?

I am a wizard to myself whenever I time travel to show the old me who I will be.
magic. Who am I?

*hands ruji his cane*

80163.jpg

magic. Who am I?

whoa.gif

Reactions: hush

I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying.

I personally think that Psychic abilities are a load of nonsense and is (for the most part) steeped in superstition. The only thing that people can gain from such an activity is money and lies.

Because the question is being asked on the premise that Psychic abilities do exist; I do not think they do, so I am contributing via the opposing premise which could potentially increase the level of discussion in this thread.

I appreciate you clarifying your original statement because it really made me think about some of my own experiences that have been similar to your perspective. As a child, I saw countless people using the concepts of psychic phenomena as a way to manipulate people in a variety of disgusting ways (emotional and financial). This is actually one of the reasons I chose not to go down that path in my life.

Its such a mind blower to me that when faced with a life threatening illness and losing a loved one I reverted back to the positive experiences I had as a child with psychic energies and alternative healing modalities. I found myself able for the first time to really sift through all the bullshit Ive witnessed and experienced within the subject of psychic abilities. Im actually surprised about where I find myself now. A bit like the TS Elliot poem, after all of our searching we end up back at the beginning only to see it for the first time.

Thanks, your perspective and clarification helped me figure some of that shit out.

Now that I find myself partially immersed in the area of psychic phenomena and alternative healing modalities, I'm finding much of the same thing I saw as a kid. Basically a lot of people profiting (emotionally and financially) from vulnerable and desperate people. However at this point I am much more discerning then I was as a kid, and thanks to the lifestyle I was raised in, I'm able to recognize the truckloads of self proclaimed healers from the very few who really do have those abilities and choose to share them to help increase the quality of peoples lives and help advance the development of our species.

Because it isn't a field with any type of standardization it attracts con artists and a laundry list of people who are just creeps. But hey, there are creeps in every profession. Just because a profession is standardized and has to adhere to federal or state laws doesn't mean there aren't creepy people in those professions. It just means theres an actual limit to how much of an asshole they can be in their chosen profession.

I have to say though, that when you meet the few people who really do possess these types of gifts and you witness what they can do, or you have some of these gifts yourself and you develop them, they truly are an energy that can be harnessed for an enormous amount of good. I've dabbled in this stuff off and on throughout my life with a great deal of hesitation, it wasn't until recently that I really just jumped in with both feet. I believe the few and far between people who actually possess these gifts could possibly be the future of our species. Just remember the movie "Powder".

Thank you all for sharing your insights, your input, and your points of view. Theres nothing like prying open the rusted doors of my mind and growing outside of my previous perspective. Aint life grand!!

I have yet to chime in here but I’ll make it short.
There are things out there that science has yet to explain and perhaps never will - can you define something our minds don’t grasp?
Can you define the intangible?
I have seen shit fly across the room, seen things violently struck - with witnesses.
It could have been PSI, or a ghost, or something yet to be explained, and I don’t rule out that there is an explanation.
I have gone out of body IMO, and also had quite a few paranormal type experiences without witnesses so that’s subjective evidence.
The Princeton PEAR labs has data collected from around the world that shows there is some kind of collective consciousness or at the very least we can feel the emotions of other people on a scale not understood.
The data collected from this lab on the day of the Sept 11th attacks have a odds over a trillion to one showing this.
Of course, this data is all highly disputable, because there are very few if any reliable ways to measure such anomalous phenomena.
If anyone wants to read some of the studies go check out my Merkabah thread…it’s dedicated to going down this rabbit hole.
Or PM me and I can give you links.

I think walking around the dark could develop them or if your just to damn bored to do anything else. Cool shit goes on in dark rooms.