Problems I Have With Psychologist Dr. Phil | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Problems I Have With Psychologist Dr. Phil

Dr Phil's psychology presumes a loud-mouthed, opinionated, aggressive, materialistic, white mid-western american personality is the ideal of a normal psyche.

What could be more more repulsive? It colours everything he says.

LOL and perhaps your own bias colours everything You hear...

Well, remember, it is simply not just Alex Jones himself, it is the various experts that come onto his show like neurosurgeons, historians, and various financial experts.

Note I did say sometimes violence is the perfect answer.

I disagree, how does someone who is bullied a psychopath or a mass murderer?
So you take Alex Jones seriously because of the credentials of his guests... yet Dr. Phil holds a Ph.D in clinical psychology... and some of the guests that he has on hold credentials as well...
You mentioned genocide, psychopaths and mass murderers in your post.. as if Dr. Phil's methods for maintaining interpersonal relationships with colleagues or peers, friends, family and significant others applied.
So, you are suggesting that people should struggle for power against everyone in their lives and in every relationship in their lives because on the macro level, governments oppress and kill people?

I just don't see how contending against people in relationships is going to make the world a more fair and less oppressive place..
I agree that people should stand up to oppressive governments and that they should be able to decide how to live their lives--but I don't think that adopting a contentious stance in all areas is going to achieve that.
I heard once that all the problems in the world are a result from a 'power-over' mindset. We have to have control everything.. the environment and natural resources, our spouses, our children, anything.. and it's a delusion to believe you can really have complete power over anything outside of yourself. So why accept that you have to struggle against everyone else for power?
Most animals also tend to survive better if they work together.

I think it takes people collectively standing up to an oppressive government to achieve anything... and to me, it only seems possible for people to work collectively when they are interacting mutually... so a kindly cooperative stance among the population towards one another should be empowering.

Last edited:
Lol you guys have actually watched enough Dr. Phil to feel ways about him.

Caliendo does a great Dr Phil impersonation!
Fast forward to 0:17

[video=youtube;E2Li6SgokJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Li6SgokJM[/video]

So you take Alex Jones seriously because of the credentials of his guests... yet Dr. Phil holds a Ph.D in clinical psychology... and some of the guests that he has on hold credentials as well...

Just because I take Alex Jones seriously does not mean I do not take Dr. Phil seriously. I am simply pointing out some pet peeves of Dr. Phil.

You mentioned genocide, psychopaths and mass murderers in your post.. as if Dr. Phil's methods for maintaining interpersonal relationships with colleagues or peers, friends, family and significant others applied.
So, you are suggesting that people should struggle for power against everyone in their lives and in every relationship in their lives because on the macro level, governments oppress and kill people?

No.

I just don't see how contending against people in relationships is going to make the world a more fair and less oppressive place..

Of course it doesn't.

I agree that people should stand up to oppressive governments and that they should be able to decide how to live their lives--but I don't think that adopting a contentious stance in all areas is going to achieve that. I heard once that all the problems in the world are a result from a 'power-over' mindset. We have to have control everything.. the environment and natural resources, our spouses, our children, anything.. and it's a delusion to believe you can really have complete power over anything outside of yourself. So why accept that you have to struggle against everyone else for power?

You mention some good points. I address some of those in my thread "A Theory to the Destructive Nature of the Current World" - http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18462

Most animals also tend to survive better if they work together.

Yes, they do tend to survive if they work together as a collective family unit but that does not mean there aren't predator-prey relationships. They have to work together to kill another animal of another species for food in order to survive.

I think it takes people collectively standing up to an oppressive government to achieve anything... and to me, it only seems possible for people to work collectively when they are interacting mutually...

Sure, okay, let's negotiate Mr. Hitler. Is Hitler negotiable? Or wait a minute, didn't the governments of the world attempted to do that?

so a kindly cooperative stance among the population towards one another should be empowering.

Of course, look, I am not disagreeing with you that cooperation is the best approach. This is demonstrated in the research, I am just saying that it doesn't always work that's all, and when people don't do anything about it, until it is too late, that's all.