Pro-life or Pro-choice? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Pro-life or Pro-choice?

Welcome to Christendom.

Btw what I say is from the position of a Church historian rather than one of the faithful.

I'm probably going to hell for being a Catholic who can't categorically decide which goes to hell and which doesn't, but I believe I'm faithful. I have faith in birth control. I refuse to believe that my God will abandon to hell those who manage to use a condom or those who choose to give birth then abandon another soul to feel rejected their whole lives.

This is the problem with Dogma. It's too much of specifics.

Forgive me for being a noob, I have mostly been snooping around several threads here and I have noticed your quest for enlightenment (which is also very intriguing to me), anyway. About the above quote, but what would be the point if every body acted as one being? Wouldn't that be a little off? I mean I get that all planets in our solar system revolve around the sun but each is unique and it's beautiful that way. If everybody were all enlightened, what would be the point? I am sincerely, genuinely interested.

(Sorry it's a little off topic)

That is good question! I had same thoughts when I got interested into enlightenment.

We live in relative reality where each part and parcel of creation is unique. So every person is special in his/her own way, be it normal or enlightened person. What I wanted to say by "act as one being" is to reach state of collective consciousness where everyone would value generosity, kindness and compassion regardless of our individual differences.

That is good question! I had same thoughts when I got interested into enlightenment.

We live in relative reality where each part and parcel of creation is unique. So every person is special in his/her own way, be it normal or enlightened person. What I wanted to say by "act as one being" is to reach state of collective consciousness where everyone would value generosity, kindness and compassion regardless of our individual differences.

But then it sounds look we would all look like drugged hippies. I mean theoretically, if it were to be achieved, wouldn't the sameness of values lead to the same ostracization that we fight against because then whoever would be different would suddenly be special? What if he who is not enlightened is the cause of the enlightenment of the other? Wouldn't there be value in the other's non enlightenment?

I'm not sure about "truth" because the interpretation of that is a lengthy discussion in itself.

For me, personally context or the lack of it can completely change the perspective and understanding of one thing. An apple as a fruit is one context. An apple, period could be a brand. Circumstance matters. Abortion may be relevant at times and at other times it isn't, and I am not necessarily only pertaining to any such defects to the fetus or what not. I mean, say this particular pregnancy is bearing the offspring of Lucifer, would heaven acquiesce to abortion then?

(Great. From soap opera to teen fiction)

I am however very curious as to what everyone would answer.

I had an abortion when I was 21. I was sad about it, but it felt like the right decision. It didn't feel like I killed it, it felt like I denied it life.

I'm pro-choice.
You are one brave soul. Hugs. I'm sure you had your reasons for deciding so and I respect that.

I'm honestly unsure whether I am pro life or pro choice, that's why I say context matters because it matters who we are and what we are in at the time of conception.

The Catholic in me makes me lean towards pro life but I just can't find it in me to condemn (whether legally or in what other way) those who choose to enact on choice, hence my dilemma. Hence my decision to hide behind context. Mehehe

But then it sounds look we would all look like drugged hippies. I mean theoretically, if it were to be achieved, wouldn't the sameness of values lead to the same ostracization that we fight against because then whoever would be different would suddenly be special? What if he who is not enlightened is the cause of the enlightenment of the other? Wouldn't there be value in the other's non enlightenment?

Again, very good questions!

Before Universe was manifested, it was in unmanifested state. That unmanifested state we can call unity, oneness, unconditional love and then when universe became manifested, it shaterred it self in billion pieces as to experience duality, contrast, separation, individuality, but eventually, after some time, when game is done all pieces will unite themselves to come back into natural state of unity.

So you see your body and mind is just your Relative nature while your Absolute nature is unlimited. That's what enlightenment is about, to get realization of your Absolute nature, to realize that you are not just part and parcel, but whole totallity of existence. To try to hold onto your individuality and perspective forever would only lead to more suffering because it goes against your Absolute nature. Time comes when you need to let go of it. Thats why enlightenment is seen as end of suffering.

What I wanted to say is that we should cherish our individuality because that is helping universe within this current cycle of evolution but also be aware that time will come when we will need to let go off it, because in each cycle of universe, vibrational energy of collective consciousness is raising, so at some point it will be impossible to experience negative energies. This is evident in our past. People were living like animals before without understanding, but today it is different story and more progress will be made in future.

Isn't it more selfless to safely secure a place in heaven for your child and go to hell yourself, rather than letting it live so it can roll the dice and risk eternal suffering, so you yourself can go to heaven? :unhappy:
Now this is a perspective. This is one perspective to respect. Life is overrated. That, to me, is a form of love (a bit overpowering form of love but love nonetheless). It is weird.

Ideally, the dogma would have it to let the dice roll and trust in the kindness of the universe. Realistically though, kids move in and out of foster care, and more often than not are irreparably broken inside. So what then?