Pro-life or Pro-choice? | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Pro-life or Pro-choice?

Pro-choice, because women should make their own individual choice about their own body. Reproductive rights are basic human rights just like bodily autonomy is a basic human right too. It's not anyone's business what other people do with their life, it's a personal choice. Aborting or not, it's no one's business.

I personally wouldn’t get an abortion even if my own life was in danger, but I am pro-choice because I feel it’s the most encompassing legislation and it enables administration to move quickest in an emergency. If you are pro-life and you fall pregnant under unexpected or terrible circumstances, it is your choice to proceed with your pregnancy in accordance to your personal and religious views. On the other hand, if you are pro-choice and you fall pregnant under those same terrible circumstances, you are not in any dire straits to terminate the pregnancy unsafely or illegally because your case gets tied up in bureaucratic red tape; the procedure is safe and you are given the counseling and care you need, and you can do it in a more timely manner. Although I’m sure there are exceptions, I believe most women will not make this decision for themselves very lightly.

Last edited:
In my experience, few men and women seem willing to wait before marriage or even knowing one another for at least a year to start having sex.

Life happens so fast dude.
Sorry for the ISFP moment there.

You are right, and for many folks it's pretty risky to their longer term emotional stability. Mostly it's better to cook raw food before eating it ;)

a6cf822794342389537fd90da048f0e5.jpg

More of a statement to make people think:

If the woman wants to make the choice herself and keep her sovereign rights to her body (pro-choice) then do the abortion by yourself. Do not ask for help. As soon as you ask for help you have invited the community to share in your problems and hence opens the situation up to debate.

Naturally advocates for the child appear since the mother has obviously decided a death sentence is warranted.

Saying its my body and I can do what I want is kind of like saying:

I can beat my dog, in my yard because its my dog and my yard. You have no right to tell me that I can't beat my dog in my yard.

I guess that was way more pro-life then I expected :p

Reactions: April
More of a statement to make people think:

If the woman wants to make the choice herself and keep her sovereign rights to her body (pro-choice) then do the abortion by yourself. Do not ask for help. As soon as you ask for help you have invited the community to share in your problems and hence opens the situation up to debate.

Naturally advocates for the child appear since the mother has obviously decided a death sentence is warranted.

Saying its my body and I can do what I want is kind of like saying:

I can beat my dog, in my yard because its my dog and my yard. You have no right to tell me that I can't beat my dog in my yard.

I guess that was way more pro-life then I expected :p
Nobody is forcing a doctor to perform an abortion and in the US, taxes don't fund them either. Pharmacists in the US can even refuse to fill birth control, plan B pills or abortifacient drugs if it doesn't jive with their personal beliefs.
It's not an invitation to the community as it is a personal health and medical decision. Other people's healthcare isn't public knowledge but protected by HIPAA. You are way off base.

Last edited:
Nobody is forcing a doctor to perform an abortion and in the US, taxes don't fund them either. There are people who choose to help. It's not an invitation to the community as it is a personal health and medical decision. Other people's healthcare isn't public knowledge but protected by HIPPA. You are way off base.

If people never made their private problems public... an industry would never have grown out of it.

In what way are women who seek abortions making their private affairs public? By actually obtaining care from a provider who agrees to provide it?

If this were a tonsillectomy would we be having this conversation?

If this were a tonsillectomy would we be having this conversation?
We would not. There are no protestors harrassing people seeking tonsillectomies outside the hospital on a daily basis either. So is it really women seeking healthcare from a legal and willing provider putting their business on blast or maybe just everyone else who has an opinion on the private medical choices of women?

Reactions: April and flower
Pro-choice, because women should make their own individual choice about their own body. Reproductive rights are basic human rights just like bodily autonomy is a basic human right too. It's not anyone's business what other people do with their life, it's a personal choice. Aborting or not, it's no one's business.

If woman spontaneously created children on there own with no outside help... I might agree with you...

If this choice did not affect at least 2 other life forms I would also agree with you...

If it was not the responsibility of the tribe to protect any and all children... I would agree with you again...

This is not a clear cut situation, this is not a simple solution ... this is messy and mixed up and convoluted.

We would not. There are no protestors harrassing people seeking tonsillectomies outside the hospital on a daily basis either. So is it really women seeking healthcare from a legal and willing provider putting their business on blast or maybe just everyone else who has an opinion on the private medical choices of women?

So then why do you think there is so much hub-bub around this topic, if all your doing is having an insignificant disease infested parasite removed?

If woman spontaneously created children on there own with no outside help... I might agree with you...

If this choice did not affect at least 2 other life forms I would also agree with you...

If it was not the responsibility of the tribe to protect any and all children... I would agree with you again...

This is not a clear cut situation, this is not a simple solution ... this is messy and mixed up and convoluted.

Well, I disagree. For me it's a simple thing, you can disagree. It's really no one else's business than the person's (herself).

Well, I disagree. For me it's a simple thing, you can disagree. It's really no one else's business than the person's (herself).

Hey flower!

I can't reason you out of a position you've never reasoned yourself into :)

...and there is nothing wrong with respectfully disagreeing :)

Reactions: flower
Hey flower!

I can't reason you out of a position you've never reasoned yourself into :)

...and there is nothing wrong with respectfully disagreeing :)

Yes, it's completely fine to disagree. This thread is very interesting nevertheless! To hear both sides. :)

Yes, it's completely fine to disagree. This thread is very interesting nevertheless! To hear both sides. :)

Fair enough... Couple of questions to pass the time...

Do you believe people should be free to commit suicide, if they so choose?