Poll: Are You More Worried About Terrorism, or About Being Labelled a Racist? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Poll: Are You More Worried About Terrorism, or About Being Labelled a Racist?

Are you more worried about terrorism, or about being labelled a racist?

• More worried about terrorism.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • More worried about being labelled a racist.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Why assume as if these two things are mutually exclusive. As if to protect the US from terrorism we must do it in a racist and blanketed way. I don't believe this is a zero-sum game, I believe in individuality among cultures, religions, genders, races, etc. I don't think that makes me some sort of social justice warrior unwilling to do anything about terrorism, it makes me someone who understands that terrorist and Muslim aren't synonyms and that each human's choices are ultimately their own regardless of whatever group they may belong to. Do terrorists deserve to be wiped out? yes, but if you lump everyone from one sect together to do it, that too is terror perpetrated on a group of people.

Besides that, my personal belief about the US government is that it should be there to protect our rights, it is up to us to protect ourselves beyond that. So the whole argument is moot to me anyway.

Terrorism.
Because terrorism is not a race issue.
Neither is religeon.
There are lots of Middle class White kids eager to go join ISIS.
Go figure.

I'm more worried of people finding out about the weapons I've been selling to IS. You help a few guys in need attempt genocide and suddenly you're a war criminal.

The chance of either happening is fairly small, and in any case, being labelled a racist is unlikely to physically harm me whereas an act of terrorism would probably entail me being blown up.

What's to understand? Racism is a term which denotes the belief that a "race" has a certain social or physical characteristics, usually negative. This term is associated with 19th century concept of race, a pseudo-scientific theory which in fact has no basis in scientific fact.

What is there to understand? What there is to understand is exactly what I said.

I don't believe terrorism is a real threat. However being labeled as a racist will give people a trump card over me in discussions so I picked racist.

I dont believe racism matters either btw.

I'm worried about Serco.

I'm more worried of people finding out about the weapons I've been selling to IS. You help a few guys in need attempt genocide and suddenly you're a war criminal.

I knew new you were a 1% Jew banker... Oh wait I am not a racist.

Also what's terrorism? Are the black people protesting in Missouri terrorizing the white folks? How do I solve that without fitting into one category or the other?

I don't understand the point of these false dichotomies.

Reactions: JJJA
I don't understand the point of these false dichotomies.

Not a dichotomy at all.

It's a question about fear politics. Opposing political parties have promoted these two fears. One is more irrational than the other. The other is more immanent.

This is a news/politics thread, not a psychology thread.