Political Crybabies Historical and Present | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Political Crybabies Historical and Present

There may be an element of that too, yes, but think a little bigger. Fundamentally, it's a break down of spirit. People want to be certain. People want things to be clear and not messy. But most of all, people want to feel like they matter. And right now, post 9/11, the big issue is feelings of powerlessness. Being meaningless and voiceless. These people grew up being told that they were special and could do anything they put their mind to but those ideals didn't stand up to reality; they're realizing life is a bit more complicated than that. Certain ideologies that are popular right now further circumvent one's personal power as issues are brought into awareness. We are made to be aware of how much we're part of the whole and the power that whole has and how little the individual matters.

It's a major cognitive dissonance

We are going to be post 9/11 for the rest of time. People need to get over 9/11.

We are going to be post 9/11 for the rest of time. People need to get over 9/11.
People have stopped referencing Hitler's elimination of the Jews all the time only relatively recently.

It may be another 40 years till 9/11 falls off the radar (pun intended).

Reactions: the
People have stopped referencing Hitler's elimination of the Jews all the time only relatively recently.

It may be another 40 years till 9/11 falls off the radar (pun intended).

I wish we could just get over wars and all the other bs. "9/11 happened I'm still scared" that's life pal.

@Flavus Aquila - Interesting that you ignored my serious and respectful inquiry asking you to expand on your thoughts, and cut to bothering me for defending myself when I was trolled for asking that I not be made to sound like I want to lynch you. I won't be checking later updates of this thread as, per usual, it is simply a spring trap for liberals. I'm sure I won't be missed.

I wish we could just get over wars and all the other bs. "9/11 happened I'm still scared" that's life pal.
While 9/11 is still a hot topic (ie. While politicians are still trying to justify past military involvement in the Middle East), I'd try and make an argument for highrise dwellers being allowed to own bazookas and anti-aircraft guns/flack cannons/missiles/etc.

Such weapons go a long way to settling legitimate fears.

While 9/11 is still a hot topic (ie. While politicians are still trying to justify past military involvement in the Middle East), I'd try and make an argument for highrise dwellers being allowed to own bazookas and anti-aircraft guns/flack cannons/missiles/etc.

Such weapons go a long way to settling legitimate fears.

As much as I want a bazooka people dont understand how to use a drill or change thier oil.

I stopped posting for a while, as a pointless activity, because the posts were becoming entirely predictable and personal.

This thread is about the inability to accept group decisions... which isn't really applicable to how this forum operates, because except for literary competitions, there is no democratic voting in its structure.
It is silly to simply accept a group decision that runs counter to your interests. Putting up resistance to changes that you find destructive is your responsibility. You don't see gun owning advocates simply accepting the plurality opinion that guns should be regulated. No, they go all out, claim that mass shootings are faked, openly carry weapons at large demonstrations and vote for their cause at every opportunity.

sheepishly accepting a single loss is moronic.

Reactions: Skarekrow
@Flavus Aquila - Interesting that you ignored my serious and respectful inquiry asking you to expand on your thoughts, and cut to bothering me for defending myself when I was trolled for asking that I not be made to sound like I want to lynch you. I won't be checking later updates of this thread as, per usual, it is simply a spring trap for liberals. I'm sure I won't be missed.
Flavus has a lot of growing up to do.

Flavus has a lot of growing up to do.
There's certainly a lot of room for growth here with me. Perhaps if I need to grow up in one area urgently, it would be in wiping the tooshies of left-wing babies. Someone has to take parental responsibility for y'all.

Last edited:
It is silly to simply accept a group decision that runs counter to your interests. Putting up resistance to changes that you find destructive is your responsibility. You don't see gun owning advocates simply accepting the plurality opinion that guns should be regulated. No, they go all out, claim that mass shootings are faked, openly carry weapons at large demonstrations and vote for their cause at every opportunity.

sheepishly accepting a single loss is moronic.
Living in denial of the loss is worse. You'll never learn from your mistakes, or from others success if you're too busy having tantrums.

There's certainly a lot of room for growth here with me. Perhaps I need to grow up in one area urgently, it would be in wiping the tooshies of left-wing babies. Someone has to take parental responsibility for y'all.
Godspeed.

Reactions: dang

True, we are going to be post 9/11 for the rest of history, but I was speaking of it as a cultural and historical marker rather than specifically the event itself. The changes in US foreign policy, terrorist attacks, suspicion of foreigners, censorship, growing mistrust of the government and media, changes to our education system, growing political and social awareness etc. These things were a domino effect that have trickled into our culture and have had a significant impact and they all happened between present day and 9/11. I didn't have a better way to describe it.

True, we are going to be post 9/11 for the rest of history, but I was speaking of it as a cultural and historical marker rather than specifically the event itself. The changes in US foreign policy, terrorist attacks, suspicion of foreigners, censorship, growing mistrust of the government and media, changes to our education system, growing political and social awareness etc. These things were a domino effect that have trickled into our culture and have had a significant impact and they all happened between present day and 9/11. I didn't have a better way to describe it.

That's fair. I wonder what domino we can push to go back the other way. I as an individual am not afraid as the TV and internet tells me that I should be, how do I make others that way?

That's fair. I wonder what domino we can push to go back the other way. I as an individual am not afraid as the TV and internet tells me that I should be, how do I make others that way?
Promote a weekly TV/internet free day.

That's the billion dollar question.