Police out of Control? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Police out of Control?

People in the US wouldn’t stand for a privatized police force…there would be serious blowback.
Sadly, it isn’t just shady people getting taken…why on earth would the police ask you how much money you have?
There is no good reason.
And the system to try to complain or retrieve your property has been set-up for the common man to fail.
I would call that a serious conflict of interest at the very least.

I dont believe what you are talking about can be generalised to the whole of the population, if it could I very much doubt that an internet forum would have been the first I would have heard about it.

What this looks like is ramping up attacks on authority and policing, probably suttle agit prop by the establishment and foreign interests, the instability game, those elements wont be happy until the anarchy everyone is enjoying is something akin to Somalia at which point the liberal U-turns could power the national grid.

I dont believe what you are talking about can be generalised to the whole of the population, if it could I very much doubt that an internet forum would have been the first I would have heard about it.

What this looks like is ramping up attacks on authority and policing, probably suttle agit prop by the establishment and foreign interests, the instability game, those elements wont be happy until the anarchy everyone is enjoying is something akin to Somalia at which point the liberal U-turns could power the national grid.
Why does everything have to be so difficult for you?
It’s push-back from people being pushed.

It's not complicated....unless you have been living under a rock you will be aware that big stories have broken in the mainstream media about how the government is spying on EVERYONE including their own politicians and foreign politicians....they make the stasi look like boy scouts

There has also been massive spending by the DHS on military hardware for the police

There has also been a militarisation of the police and increasing tensions between the public and the police for example in Fergusson US recently or in the Mark Duggan riot acros England

It is all over-shadowed by a massive economic shift where all the wealth has been moved to the top 1%

The purchasing power of the UK pound is down something like 6%

Peadophile scandals are erupting across the UK and the police are desperately trying to sit on it and hide the fact that it goes right to the top of British society threatening the entire freemasonic establishment

We are seeing earthquakes of varying scales eruptin in our society and the police are not isolated from events. They are being used by the powers that be to try to keep the people down

Look its very simple, police are human as such they are subject to all that comes with being human. The difference is they can potentially kill you ans this is where fear of them originates.
Can you imagine what mental strain would be inflicted on you having to deal with the dregs of society constantly? So there are bad cops and there are good cops. Ive run into both. I happen to have two friends that are cops and both are cool. Cameras I think are a great idea and I will promote and vote for the idea any time I can.

Look its very simple, police are human as such they are subject to all that comes with being human. The difference is they can potentially kill you ans this is where fear of them originates.
Can you imagine what mental strain would be inflicted on you having to deal with the dregs of society constantly? So there are bad cops and there are good cops. Ive run into both. I happen to have two friends that are cops and both are cool. Cameras I think are a great idea and I will promote and vote for the idea any time I can.

No its not that simple

First of all the police force can select the kind of candidates it wants and uses psychometric testing to that end

Secondly the training a person receives can affect their outlook and behaviours

Thirdly a culture within an organisation can have a shaping effect on attitudes and behaviours

But yeah despite it all there are good cops and bad cops

[video]http://www.ted.com/talks/kevin_briggs_the_bridge_between_suicide_and_life?u tm_content=awesm-inlinelinkcreator&utm_source=l.facebook.com&awesm= on.ted.com_q05uV&utm_campaign=ted&utm_medium=on.te d.com-facebook-share[/video]

You don't live here so please stop acting like you do. This is like saying Pol Pot was not a dictator because there's no dictator in your country.

I hate to resort to this but you are not one of us. Stop trying to be.

Police militarization is definitely worrying in my view.

I think a buttonhole camera, and some very strict legislation requiring that it must be on, and not tampered with while actively serving as a police officer is a good idea.

I also think that there should be laws that ensure at least 20% of police serving in a given area, come from that particular community.

I think those kinds of changes would go a very long way, on top of comprehensive training to kind of shift the common tides we see so much of in the media.

Can we all please refrain from calling names?

The moment you call someone a name or infer that they are a “such and such”, it shows only anger and no substance, and this is my thread.
Take it somewhere else or I’ll kick you off.

Can we all please refrain from calling names?

The moment you call someone a name or infer that they are a “such and such”, it shows only anger and no substance, and this is my thread.
Take it somewhere else or I’ll kick you off.

I'd just like to clarify if you're talking to me because I'd sooner leave than be, as so eloquently put it, "kicked off".

I dont see that this thread is achieving much in the way of discussion, its like a lot of similar threads which I see popping up across a lot of forums, perhaps that's the US zeitgheist of the moment but they are being posted by people who make some pretense of critical thinking and weather eye to topics as opposed to just being memetic transmitters of cliched opinions.

You don't live here so please stop acting like you do. This is like saying Pol Pot was not a dictator because there's no dictator in your country.

I hate to resort to this but you are not one of us. Stop trying to be.

Sprinkles that is a terrible point to make your argument from. Just dismissing someone because they don't live here is an argument of authority which is one of the dumbest arguments that can be made. But you know what, if it will satisfy you, I'm from America, and I agree with [MENTION=4115]Lark[/MENTION]. Therefore even your argument of authority is null.

Sprinkles that is a terrible point to make your argument from. Just dismissing someone because they don't live here is an argument of authority which is one of the dumbest arguments that can be made. But you know what, if it will satisfy you, I'm from America, and I agree with @Lark. Therefore even your argument of authority is null.

Its hard to have a discussion when you're excluding people who'd like to take part, its the logic of someone who doesnt participate in many discussions, online or in person, then again that's what brings some people online the first place and they bring their lousy lack of communication skills online with them. Truth of someones character will out I suppose.

To be honest if anyone has any right to talk about militarised policing I'd have thought it'd be the poster from Northern Fcuking Ireland but you know.

Sprinkles that is a terrible point to make your argument from. Just dismissing someone because they don't live here is an argument of authority which is one of the dumbest arguments that can be made. But you know what, if it will satisfy you, I'm from America, and I agree with [MENTION=4115]Lark[/MENTION]. Therefore even your argument of authority is null.

The point I was making is that he can't apply his experiences to our police to invalidate arguments about our police.

This has nothing to do with authority. It has to do with investment and experience.

Basically what I'm saying is that he can't say our cops don't do wrong here just because hes fine with them over there. They're entirely different police forces on different continents.

The point I was making is that he can't apply his experiences to our police to invalidate arguments about our police.

This has nothing to do with authority. It has to do with investment and experience.

Basically what I'm saying is that he can't say our cops don't do wrong here just because hes fine with them over there. They're entirely different police forces on different continents.

his primary point wasn't even that. The part your referencing was clearly his stance on experience, and his actually argument was the paragraph that follows which was his stance on the argument. Basic writing has you use a lead in of some kind, and when your writing quickly like on a forum people don't fully analyze their lead ins. So sure you're right on that point but it's still not enough to dismiss his actual argument

Edit:and he's not even saying that they don't do wrong ever. That would be completely illogical.

[MENTION=11455]dogman6126[/MENTION]

NOT to mention if we change policy here who has to fucking deal with it? NOT LARK FOR DAMN SURE

his primary point wasn't even that. The part your referencing was clearly his stance on experience, and his actually argument was the paragraph that follows which was his stance on the argument. Basic writing has you use a lead in of some kind, and when your writing quickly like on a forum people don't fully analyze their lead ins. So sure you're right on that point but it's still not enough to dismiss his actual argument

Edit:and he's not even saying that they don't do wrong ever. That would be completely illogical.

Show me where I dismissed his argument.

All I did was chastise him a bit for his demeanor. And I don't think I'm wrong either.

Can i just ask everyone here...do you think the police is a self contained organisation?

Do you think it has just suddenlyl gone crazy all by itself?

Or

Do you think the police is an extension of government and that the crazyness is part of a wider governmental shift including surveillance of the entire populace whereby the public is being treated as an enemy?

For example why would the government pass the NDAA which makes US soil a battleground for the US military if it didn't anticipate a battle on US soil?

Lets hear what the mayor of New York had to say about the NY police:

[video=youtube;QDPw7zhs510]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDPw7zhs510[/video]

Did you catch that folks? The police is his 'army'.....woah...anyone feeling safer out there or is it maybe time for the public to start paying more attention?

Show me where I dismissed his argument.
To you it may not have seemed like you dismissed him, but your statement of "your not one of us so stop trying to be" implies that he should get out of the argument entirely. But lets not start debating semantics. I have to go talk with my professor about my term paper, and don't have the time for such a ridiculous argument. Nonethless, if that was not the intent of your statement, then it was simply a hastily written remark on your part that we misinterpreted. Simple explanation.
All I did was chastise him a bit for his demeanor. And I don't think I'm wrong either.
I would not call it "chastise a bit", it was more crude than that in my opinion. But nonetheless, unimportant at this stage. Agreed?

To you it may not have seemed like you dismissed him, but your statement of "your not one of us so stop trying to be" implies that he should get out of the argument entirely. But lets not start debating semantics. I have to go talk with my professor about my term paper, and don't have the time for such a ridiculous argument. Nonethless, if that was not the intent of your statement, then it was simply a hastily written remark on your part that we misinterpreted. Simple explanation.

I would not call it "chastise a bit", it was more crude than that in my opinion. But nonetheless, unimportant at this stage. Agreed?

Well I find Lark to be really coarse, spiteful, insulting and arrogant to various people quite often and this is an ongoing thing and stupid me was yet again asking him to tone it down which I should know by now is futile.

If I was crude it is because he really tries my patience. I mean just look at his response to me. Look how much of a dick he is. Even given what I said there was no call for that response but he seems to react this way by default to everything he doesn't agree with.

To summarize: Lark is a dick. I even apologized to him once a long time ago WAY before this stuff ever got out of hand, and he blew me off. Because he is an arrogant dick.

I dont think you hate to say that at all Sprinkles, given the amount of people who've spoken to me about you I dont think you're even "one of us", if you mean by "us" some punk kid cop hating pussy, which I'd suggest is the greatest applicable description here, then I'm alright with not being one of "us".

Its embarrassing your attempts to participate in the discussion, maybe you could learn from some kindergardeners how to act and then in time play with the bigger kids when you're not likely to get the intellectual smack down so hard.

And yeah. Look at you. This is so mature.

People who have spoken to you about me? That's a thing? Even I don't talk about you behind your back. I say things to your face, or at least in the open. See, I respect you way more than you respect me, and I don't find that fair at all.

Also this talk of kindergarteners and intellectual smackdowns is very telling about your attitude. I can't relate to that because I'm not that type. I just defend myself.

The way I see it, you've been antagonizing me over a long period for no good reason even after I tried to make good with you. Because you think you're better than me.