Please help me type my brother :) | INFJ Forum

Please help me type my brother :)

Aug 8, 2014
MBTI
I?FJ
Enneagram
1w9
My brother died recently, & I want to figure out his type before I forget some of the nuances about him. However I'm having a difficult time due to his high functioning Autism. If anyone could help me, it would be appreciated :)

*He used to be very talkative when he was younger, even with strangers on the street. He didn't really understand when to stop talking. After he hit puberty, he became a rather brooding personality & got really into heavy metal music.
*He pretended like he was really anti-mainstream in front of people, but he admitted to me that he did actually like pop music & that he watched Disney channel shows.
*He was extraordinarily romantic & was respectfully persistent in his romantic pursuits.
*Fairness & rules were very important to him, & he had great respect for authority. He had a strong moral code that he expected other people to follow as well.
*We were raised in a very strict christian household, & he became an atheist when he was 16. Despite him being extremely antagonistic towards religion, he still maintained some of the traditional christian ideals. For example, he was appalled at the idea of having sex outside of marriage or cohabiting.
*When he was little he had speech issues because of his Autism. After puberty, he developed into very eloquent speaker & was quick to come up with witty remarks.
*He was very outspoken about his opinions & seemed amused if other people were offended. He had very rational arguments, but if you made a logical counterargument, he didn't really seem to absorb it. He would just repeat the same thing back to you again. It was as if anything you said to him just bounced off.
*He was a really great performer. He acted in alot of community theater & was an enthusiastic guitarist on stage.
*He didn't really understand social boundaries that well. He was very pda with his girlfriend, even in front of our parents and her parents, because he didn't realize that it might be embarassing. He treated her exactly the same regardless of where they were & who was watching.
*He always decried sentimental value as being useless. The only exceptions to this were things his girlfriend gave him.

Here there is a video of him performing, but I'm not sure how helpful it would be in typing him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEViy-YuEY0 He's the one with the white guitar.
I'm pretty sure he's Fi/Te, but I'm not sure of anything else.

Reactions: Switchgirl
My brother died recently, & I want to figure out his type before I forget some of the nuances about him. However I'm having a difficult time due to his high functioning Autism. If anyone could help me, it would be appreciated :)*He used to be very talkative when he was younger, even with strangers on the street. He didn't really understand when to stop talking. After he hit puberty, he became a rather brooding personality & got really into heavy metal music.*He pretended like he was really anti-mainstream in front of people, but he admitted to me that he did actually like pop music & that he watched Disney channel shows.*He was extraordinarily romantic & was respectfully persistent in his romantic pursuits.*Fairness & rules were very important to him, & he had great respect for authority. He had a strong moral code that he expected other people to follow as well.*We were raised in a very strict christian household, & he became an atheist when he was 16. Despite him being extremely antagonistic towards religion, he still maintained some of the traditional christian ideals. For example, he was appalled at the idea of having sex outside of marriage or cohabiting.*When he was little he had speech issues because of his Autism. After puberty, he developed into very eloquent speaker & was quick to come up with witty remarks.*He was very outspoken about his opinions & seemed amused if other people were offended. He had very rational arguments, but if you made a logical counterargument, he didn't really seem to absorb it. He would just repeat the same thing back to you again. It was as if anything you said to him just bounced off.*He was a really great performer. He acted in alot of community theater & was an enthusiastic guitarist on stage.*He didn't really understand social boundaries that well. He was very pda with his girlfriend, even in front of our parents and her parents, because he didn't realize that it might be embarassing. He treated her exactly the same regardless of where they were & who was watching.*He always decried sentimental value as being useless. The only exceptions to this were things his girlfriend gave him.Here there is a video of him performing, but I'm not sure how helpful it would be in typing him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEViy-YuEY0 He's the one with the white guitar.I'm pretty sure he's Fi/Te, but I'm not sure of anything else.
INTJ.

No prob.

I certainly don't think he's INTJ.

My remarks in bold.
My brother died recently, & I want to figure out his type before I forget some of the nuances about him. However I'm having a difficult time due to his high functioning Autism. If anyone could help me, it would be appreciated :)

*He used to be very talkative when he was younger, even with strangers on the street. He didn't really understand when to stop talking. After he hit puberty, he became a rather brooding personality & got really into heavy metal music.
Young and talkative seems P/Ne to me (because curiosity), but could be general extraversion

*He pretended like he was really anti-mainstream in front of people, but he admitted to me that he did actually like pop music & that he watched Disney channel shows.
Not sure what it means if you pretend to be something.

*He was extraordinarily romantic & was respectfully persistent in his romantic pursuits.
Feeler over Thinker

*Fairness & rules were very important to him, & he had great respect for authority. He had a strong moral code that he expected other people to follow as well.
Respect for authority / rules -> S/J over N/P. (Or autism needing security and not ambiguity)
Strong moral code -> Fi

*We were raised in a very strict christian household, & he became an atheist when he was 16. Despite him being extremely antagonistic towards religion, he still maintained some of the traditional christian ideals. For example, he was appalled at the idea of having sex outside of marriage or cohabiting.
Becoming atheist -> N
Keeping his values -> Fi

*When he was little he had speech issues because of his Autism. After puberty, he developed into very eloquent speaker & was quick to come up with witty remarks.
Ne

*He was very outspoken about his opinions & seemed amused if other people were offended. He had very rational arguments, but if you made a logical counterargument, he didn't really seem to absorb it. He would just repeat the same thing back to you again. It was as if anything you said to him just bounced off.
Much Ne. Some T.

*He was a really great performer. He acted in alot of community theater & was an enthusiastic guitarist on stage.
Perceiver

*He didn't really understand social boundaries that well. He was very pda with his girlfriend, even in front of our parents and her parents, because he didn't realize that it might be embarassing. He treated her exactly the same regardless of where they were & who was watching.
Sounds like his autism, if not then: Thinker

*He always decried sentimental value as being useless. The only exceptions to this were things his girlfriend gave him.
Thinker

Here there is a video of him performing, but I'm not sure how helpful it would be in typing him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEViy-YuEY0 He's the one with the white guitar.
I'm pretty sure he's Fi/Te, but I'm not sure of anything else.

I'm seeing plenty Ne going on. Performing, eloquent, witty remarks. Even counterarguments bouncing off could link to that.
Furthermore I see plenty of general thinking. That'd link towards Ne/Ti -> xNTP. But as you say he's Fi/Te I remember there's also plenty of Fi going on. And I honestly didn't see much Ti (that's normally not very visible though).
So I'll go with xNFP. His autism (for what I know about autism, not that much) can make him seem more rational and 'grounded' and thus more STJ (S -> practical / T -> factual / J -> structured). xNFPs are generally not grounded at all. I'd go with ENFP over INFP, because he doesn't seem to fear go out in public (if you classify that as extraversion).

ENFP.
This is fitting? http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ENFP.html