Physical display of affection . . . | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Physical display of affection . . .

I really enjoy physical affection. A pat on the arm or a squeeze on the shoulder goes a long way with me.

If a woman ever tries to hug me - it's like my capacity to feel swells exponentially. The affection communicated in the hug comes through loud and clear. It kind of overloads me... so I'm very selective with who I'll let hug me.

This one girl I know (before she got married) would always want to hug me when she said goodbye. She said, "I like making you feel uncomfortable. The way you go rigid in my arms. It's funneeeee".

I used to be a very huggy person, but over the years I've grown to dislike contact in general. I don't let my family touch me at all and I feel very uncomfortable with hugging them, there have been a number of times where a family member would reach to touch me (typically it's my mother touching my hair) and I would swing around on impulse and hit them away. (One time I hit my mother across the face a bit hard, I didn't mean to but I did it without even thinking)
I'm not sure why it bothers me so much but it makes me cringe anyway, the only time I will be happy to let someone touch me is if they are someone I like and wish to be with.
Although, I would be happier if people in general were more understanding that some people simply don't like to be touched and would not make a big thing out of it.
:sad: