Philosophy By Request | INFJ Forum

Philosophy By Request

BickByro

Aug 15, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
From this thread:

[You want to be a] professional philosopher, eh? Could you be persuaded to start a thread about some of your ideas or criticisms?

Why, yes I could! :-D

But I'm not quite sure where to start...

Although, as I mentioned in the Zarathustra thread, I'm also a huge Nietzsche fan, and have more than a passing interest in the philosophy and history of religion, my main focus is philosophy of mind. I'm particularly interested in the "origin" of consciousness (for lack of a better word) and related issues like AI, animal intelligence, pan(proto)psychism, the role of consciousness in quantum physics, etc. I'm relatively uninterested in "self-consciousness," that trait allegedly unique to humans (perhaps because, since self-consciousness is a trait overflowing in INFJs, I spend quite enough time analyzing it already, thankyouverymuch!). Basically, I prefer bottom-up approaches to consciousness studies

I've taken some philosophy classes (ok 1) and I must say, it seems so useless and redundant

I was hoping you could give me a sort of tutorial on your essays and presentations and then we could go from there. I'm mildly familiar with the philosophy of consciousness, so I'm not really prepared to ask you any questions just yet.

I'm currently reading the essays of David Chalmers on his site.

Very interesting. I've taken a couple classes at college in philosophy, an intro course and an existentialism seminar, and your areas of focus look like fun.

Could you give me your definition for heterophenomenology? Also, has your interest in AI ever taken you to the technological singularity, and if so are there any thoughts on it that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Could you give me your definition for heterophenomenology? Also, has your interest in AI ever taken you to the technological singularity, and if so are there any thoughts on it that you wouldn't mind sharing?

He will be one of the geniuses responsible for helping computers take over the world.