Personality types making most and least amount of money | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Personality types making most and least amount of money

Wow, I certainly didn't expect ENTP to be the 2nd lowest on the list and tbh it kinda makes me doubt this list. Especially since they are often depicted as entrepreneurial types that see lots of opportunities. The downside would be their difficulty in focussing, but still it surprises me they are so low.

"The downside would be their difficulty in focusing"
^ This is their fatal flaw

Totally fine with 60k a year *shrug*

That being said my dad is an INFJ and was making more than 100k a year towards the end of his career. I want to say it was 120k but it may have been 160k o_O The reason for that is his growing up experience along with his drive and focus. Drive and focus, in my opinion, is going to be a hell of a lot more telling as far as how much you will progress in a workspace than your MBTI.

That being said my dad is an INFJ and was making more than 100k a year towards the end of his career. I want to say it was 120k but it may have been 160k o_O The reason for that is his growing up experience along with his drive and focus. Drive and focus, in my opinion, is going to be a hell of a lot more telling as far as how much you will progress in a workspace than your MBTI.

Agree, that it's drive, focus which drives ambition, and I think ambition spawns success, not personality. I think it takes persistent, intense passion and drive, to achieve what you want.

What type loves money the most?

One example that has always stood out to me was how I operated when I had my first job at a coffee shop. The ownership was extremely strict, we were constantly understaffed and the afternoo shift always had a lot of pressure put on us to be perfect for the dayshift, which I think is usually the case in all establishments.

We used to have a notebook at each of the stores we worked at where we could write out questions, comments and concerns. I became famous for writing pages and pages about every single challenge we were facing on every shift either with things going wrong, people not working out, etc. I don't know where I got the balls at 15-17 but I would always call out management and ownership for short staffing us and under paying us and giving us unreasonable expectations.

I seem to recall all of the staff liking me and I was put in a position where I had to lead and supervise but my management refused to promote me. I campaigned for myself like a motherfucker and everyone else was on board with me but the owner despised me. The problem was that I'd been there longer than all of the other staff members, I was working 30+ hours a week and I was fucking good at that job. I glued everyone together and pulled shit off in a way most other people couldn't.

I ended up winning employee of the year (followed by my sister the next year lol) as voted by all the staff. I won by an overwhelming avalanche of numbers. I ended up getting promoted after that. I'll never forget the conversation I had with the owner who told me that I had an attitude issue and that I would never fall in line. He said that while all the staff was always going left, I insisted on going right. He said that I never did anything in the way it was outlined in the SOP but somehow was able to pull everything off and actually do a good job at it. He indicated that all of the management (almost lolol) liked me and clearly the staff respected me and liked me judging by my overwhelming win.

So they promoted me and constantly put me in situations setting me up to fail. One day they so short staffed me that it was almost impossible to run the store. There was ONE task that was not done to perfection and I was written up. I handed in my notice that day and quit. 30 people quit after me.
The_personality_types_that_make-613a119d6e5c243c71b952d69d2ff9f8

What more can I say? LOL

Good point!

Money also = power
While money can equate to power for some I do not believe the want of money is fueled by the want of power.
I would be fine with being given a vast sum of money and stepping out of society. I would likely use some of the money to drive some of the things I believe in but none of that money would just be given to people (politicians) to have them support it.

While money can equate to power for some I do not believe the want of money is fueled by the want of power.
I would be fine with being given a vast sum of money and stepping out of society. I would likely use some of the money to drive some of the things I believe in but none of that money would just be given to people (politicians) to have them support it.

Mostly desire for money is related to desire for status and power is all part of that, but at the top of society with the billionaires there are power games at work

If this was not the case we would live in a nicer world

The money is in the hands of the power hungry who are the least qualified to wield it

Heres a funny thing. The more money you have the more you need. You say 60k now but after living that way for a while youd start to think "thats nice but I think I can do with more" truthful I believe right ir wrong, youll never have enough.

I love money. I love the idea of it. I like to fantasize about all of the luxurious things that I can have. That said, luxurious to me may be different than luxurious to you. Our ideas of how much money is enough are going to be different based on the lifestyles we lead. Based on what I want in my life, my expenses, etc, I would say that 60k CAN be comfortable for people provided you have low debt payments, you either do not own a vehicle or you have it paid off (I do), your rent is not unreasonable, etc.

For me personally I'd love to tack on an extra zero to my pay but I don't like thinking about the amount of work and responsibility I would have to potentially take on in order to achieve that. At least not in the field I am in presently. I am fairly confident I could pull six figures if I set my sights on it and I'm fairly certain that my net worth will be quite comfy in the next few years, but I don't feel the need to dominate the corporate world. I like being part of it simply because I am attracted to power and influence but I know that on a deeper level it's not all that fulfilling.

I think money is super if you are able to approach it in the right way but I think that some people can make it work making only 20k a year and feel their life is full while others want everything they can get making 6-7 figures.

Agree, I don't think the desire for money is necessarily tied to the desire for power. I would rather have money and manage its use behind the scenes to help various causes than be out there seeking power. I think the value of money is in its use, what you can achieve with it. I think there's a clear misunderstanding of what people want and what they do to get what they want. I have no desire to build empires. If I gain power, I think it would be of better use it to benefit others than myself, not because I'm any kind of saint, but because I would feel guilty and selfish only using it to benefit myself. So, maybe the issue is also, not one of gaining power, but how you use it and why. So, motives play a bigger role in this. If someone doesn't like networking, they will simply see it as a means to an end, and use it only when they have to. While others enjoy it. Each types does their own thing for different reasons. What motivates or is important to one type may not be motivating or important to another.

I love money. I love the idea of it. I like to fantasize about all of the luxurious things that I can have. That said, luxurious to me may be different than luxurious to you. Our ideas of how much money is enough are going to be different based on the lifestyles we lead. Based on what I want in my life, my expenses, etc, I would say that 60k CAN be comfortable for people provided you have low debt payments, you either do not own a vehicle or you have it paid off (I do), your rent is not unreasonable, etc.

For me personally I'd love to tack on an extra zero to my pay but I don't like thinking about the amount of work and responsibility I would have to potentially take on in order to achieve that. At least not in the field I am in presently. I am fairly confident I could pull six figures if I set my sights on it and I'm fairly certain that my net worth will be quite comfy in the next few years, but I don't feel the need to dominate the corporate world. I like being part of it simply because I am attracted to power and influence but I know that on a deeper level it's not all that fulfilling.

I think money is super if you are able to approach it in the right way but I think that some people can make it work making only 20k a year and feel their life is full while others want everything they can get making 6-7 figures.
I somehow think you could easily make 6 figures.
What do I base that on? Intuition.

Agree, I don't think the desire for money is necessarily tied to the desire for power. I would rather have money and manage its use behind the scenes to help various causes than be out there seeking power.

That's why you will never be rich

The system cannot have do gooders....it cannot reward do gooders; that kind of thing could be contagious or cause a bad taste in the mouth of the other rich folk

It would undermine the whole illusion

No the system only rewards empire builders...even if it is only your own little empire