People's Perception... unloading | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

People's Perception... unloading

I guess people are entitled to their perceptions...they are true enough for them I suppose. However, I can absolutely guarantee they have no idea about the real me...the me I perceive. This is the closest to reality. There have been one or two exceptions to this rule...people I would call soul friends, but for the most part I remain something of a mystery to most.

I guess people are entitled to their perceptions...they are true enough for them I suppose. However, I can absolutely guarantee they have no idea about the real me...the me I perceive. This is the closest to reality. There have been one or two exceptions to this rule...people I would call soul friends, but for the most part I remain something of a mystery to most.

Are you Batman? :m176:

So it occured to me while driving... peoples perception of your emotions. I was thinking about NAI's post about being in a bad mood and not having to explain (I always feel like I need explain myself btw).

But - do you find that people often mis-perceive your mood or the depth of your mood? People often think I am in a bad mood, when I am not. I am just turned inward. I snapped at this one cashier at the grocery once, b/c the last couple time I was in there she is like - "are you OK??". (WTF, YES. I'm FINE. Just b/c I don't have an ear to ear shit eating grin on my face does not make me upset! Geez!)

But when I am in a bad mood or upset over something, people usually think I am MUCH more upset than I am. I cannot figure it. I have even asked them, what made you think I was THAT upset? I was just frustrated/irritated/annoyed. Very few people have seen me MAD. They have no clue! But they will say something like - I can't believe how upset you got over that! Well, I wasn't, really, that upset. But I tend to be very verbal when I am peeved, so maybe that is it.

Anyhow just wondering if anyone else has this same experience. I'm tired of being in a fantastic mood, definitely working on a low vibe, and having someone ask what is wrong!! LOL
:m181:

So it occured to me while driving... peoples perception of your emotions. I was thinking about NAI's post about being in a bad mood and not having to explain (I always feel like I need explain myself btw).

But - do you find that people often mis-perceive your mood or the depth of your mood? People often think I am in a bad mood, when I am not. I am just turned inward. I snapped at this one cashier at the grocery once, b/c the last couple time I was in there she is like - "are you OK??". (WTF, YES. I'm FINE. Just b/c I don't have an ear to ear shit eating grin on my face does not make me upset! Geez!)

But when I am in a bad mood or upset over something, people usually think I am MUCH more upset than I am. I cannot figure it. I have even asked them, what made you think I was THAT upset? I was just frustrated/irritated/annoyed. Very few people have seen me MAD. They have no clue! But they will say something like - I can't believe how upset you got over that! Well, I wasn't, really, that upset. But I tend to be very verbal when I am peeved, so maybe that is it.

Anyhow just wondering if anyone else has this same experience. I'm tired of being in a fantastic mood, definitely working on a low vibe, and having someone ask what is wrong!! LOL

LOL, I have some people that do that a lot to me. They come over and I am annoyed by the distraction from what I was working on. I give them a bit of a "cold" vibe. Although apparently I am just bad at extroverting my emotions and my "cold" vibe doesn't appear any different from me the rest of the time, LOL. Then they ask me if I am OK because maybe I seem slightly more aloof than normal. I have told them I am working on something, but it happens over and over, lol.

I don't think I have to deal with that as often from people I don't know because I tend to look mean + mad so not many people approach me in the first place, which is perfectly fine by me.

Yep, know this very well. If you're not expressive or smiling or outgoing, especially at work, everyone thinks something is wrong. It's annoying and frustrating, and like you said, they think it reflects who you are entirely. For me, it's a feeling of constantly having to "entertain" people just to make them feel happy or think that everything is fine.