Passionate/logical arguments | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Passionate/logical arguments

Okay off on different tangent than you guys here:

The question is asking about opposing functions that are typically designed to test whether one is along the T or the F axis. But it also touches on other components: I get Te with Si versus Fi with Se kinda vibe from the question--feel free to argue. The question itself doesn't really lend itself to anything that would really apply to intuitives.

I would also like to say that Thinking versus Feeling has always been about functions not intelligence. Thinkers aren't more intelligent than Feelers and Feelers don't lack intelligence. It is a judging function. For me, I identify Thinking (vs. Feeling) as how I build my map of the world with intuition (vs. sensing) as how I navigate that map.

One (Thinkers) focuses on the outward manifestation of individualization--humankind's creations (thoughts, ideas, concepts) and one (Feelers) focuses on the inward manifestation of individalization--humankind (thoughts, beliefs, emotions). Both are systems of thought

I wish more people realized this. It must be the feeler in me wanting to spread the message to everyone.

The trick would be to do it without becoming emotional.

DAMN IT ALL! *shakes fist in the air*

Reactions: Norwich and Gaze
Most likely b), but it would really depend. Often to me, a passionate argument seems implicitly very well reasoned, and a cold, rational argument often comes across as stringing facts together and then using these to justify conclusions that don't logically follow from the premises, but rather are based on the biases of the person making the argument.

Explicit emotion/implicit logic vs. explicit logic/implicit emotion.

I prefer the former, methinks.

It would depend on the situation. In some instances, I would want to see that the person has not allowed his/her emotions to cause bias, but in other instances, I would want to see that the person had a real attachment to the argument he/she was making.