Out of control passion? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Out of control passion?

Edit (this subject got me thinking for a while): Personally, true passion is what moves the world, that doesn't mean that we all must unleash the beast inside ourselves, metaphorically speaking... But go along with it, feel it, embrace it, once in a while at least. My opinion is probably heavily tainted by my own identity, personality, experiences, whatever, yes, unfortunately i'm a romantic.

That seems to be a very Dionysian concept- I agree it's good to give way to passion sometimes. But I definitely don't know if I would follow it at all costs.

I like that quote because it hints at a passion about passion, and that’s something I can relate to. I also know a bit about disillusionment. I think that, as a rule, healthy passion is naturally preserved when one learns to recognize an attachment to an outcome and gives up control concerning that outcome. What’s left then is a driving force that doesn’t really feel tempered or restrained, still provides power and direction, but honors natural evolution in all matters.

That's the will to live or the will to power, or as I like to call it the will to love!

I think if a passion is rationally thought about, then it changes the nature of the emotion.
Everything that one can not control and its in his power to control is bad to me.

So what should they do stay away from it in the first place.
I had experience with "out of control pasion", and it can be really dangerous. Its also easy to romanticise it, and say it overcomes you, and you have no power against it.

I had experience with "out of control pasion", and it can be really dangerous. Its also easy to romanticise it, and say it overcomes you, and you have no power against it.

You mean it comes over people what's it like some sort of energy.

You mean it comes over people what's it like some sort of energy.
Yeah. Very much like Plato's concept of "frenzy divine inspiration moments".
Its actually a moment when one could do very stupid things. Self-control is the counter to it I think.

Yeah. Very much like Plato's concept of "frenzy divine inspiration moments".
Its actually a moment when one could do very stupid things. Self-control is the counter to it I think.

Yes I do agree.

What do you mean?

That you have a need for power and control of your environment. Probably an exaggerated need or fear of being out of control. Which also explains your take on religion and your intolerance of opposing views. Also how your practice of religion (albeit online) seems to coincide with your need for power (or fear of being out of control).

Self control seems sometimes illusory to me, not that i don't go by that, like now i'm quitting smoking (i'm starting to have headaches because of this), and yesterday i had a conflict with a co worker, and i just remained calm, assertive and detached through the whole situation and i went pretty well. For me it is just a way not to act stupid (i went to a mindfulness work group when i was 16 for a year, so there's a lot going on with this too), and true passion haves nothing to do with stupidity as someone pointed out (or implied) in this thread, that's misleading. I do agree that it is scary to let it go, i struggle with that constantly, but it just seems to be the right way, and being afraid of it it's probably part of the "game".
Being humble and accept that you don't can't handle everything inside yourself (Talk about emotions, issues, obviously passion as the OP pointed), it is good, that's how you get to know yourself better i think. Also, repression can easily be misconstrued as self control (or any type of control, think about totalitarianism)

Last edited:
That you have a need for power and control of your environment. Probably an exaggerated need or fear of being out of control. Which also explains your take on religion and your intolerance of opposing views. Also how your practice of religion (albeit online) seems to coincide with your need for power (or fear of being out of control).
oh...thanks for the blunt and honest answer. This is quite something I don't understand:

Which also explains your take on religion and your intolerance of opposing views.
Am I really like this? The way I see things, I just identify illogical absurdities and point them to people, and usualy people get offended. Am I intolerant because of that? Maybe yes. But then intolerance is another absurd word with no objective meaning to it.

What do you mean by "your take on religion"?

Also how your practice of religion (albeit online) seems to coincide with your need for power (or fear of being out of control)
How is that? Could you explain?

Note: When I said this:
Everything that one can not control and its in his power to control is bad to me.
I didn't meant control in the sense you make it to be, control in the sense of power.
Rather is self-control, in the opposite direction. For example, if you say I practice my religion out of fear to lose control, then that fear controls me, like a vice, and it is in my power to diminish it, to control it. So I mean self-control in this sense, not in any other sense.

oh...thanks for the blunt and honest answer. This is quite something I don't understand:

Am I really like this? The way I see things, I just identify illogical absurdities and point them to people, and usualy people get offended. Am I intolerant because of that? Maybe yes. But then intolerance is another absurd word with no objective meaning to it.

What do you mean by "your take on religion"?

How is that? Could you explain?

Note: When I said this:

I didn't meant control in the sense you make it to be, control in the sense of power.
Rather is self-control, in the opposite direction. For example, if you say I practice my religion out of fear to lose control, then that fear controls me, like a vice, and it is in my power to diminish it, to control it. So I mean self-control in this sense, not in any other sense.

you are certainly free to take it all back now but what's revealed has been revealed.

in regards to the bold: you are not intolerant because of that, you are an asshole and not very likeable because of that.

first thing i thought of when seeing thread title:

[video=youtube;mIBTg7q9oNc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIBTg7q9oNc[/video]

you are certainly free to take it all back now but what's revealed has been revealed.

in regards to the bold: you are not intolerant because of that, you are an asshole and not very likeable because of that.

Ah, i think I remember a few times when you said really stupid things, and I corrected you because I was terrified of so much ignorance. So is with sprinkles and other people who don't like me and consider me a asshole.

For example, your theory for my lack of control...I was trying to be nice the first time...but to be honest...man... I'd rather stop here.

the thing is, I don't hold grudge toward anyone here. But some people do toward me. Its my fault for it? No, i guess.

Ah, i think I remember a few times when you said really stupid things, and I corrected you because I was terrified of so much ignorance. So is with sprinkles and other people who don't like me and consider me a asshole.

For example, your theory for my lack of control...I was trying to be nice the first time...but to be honest...man... I'd rather stop here.

the thing is, I don't hold grudge toward anyone here. But some people do toward me. Its my fault for it? No, i guess.

Don't care. Thems the breaks.

You didn't repent and make good with me when you had a chance so now you're blocked forever. Now I mainly see you in quotes and do not acknowledge you directly.

Isn't that how God does it? Isn't that what hell is?

You'll either learn this lesson or you won't. I'm not bothered.

Reactions: rawr