Original Sin--Born with the sin nature... | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Original Sin--Born with the sin nature...

Yesssssss.. That.. is the description I would use. I am plain vanilla Christian and we believe the same.. God was not a man.. He sent his son Jesus to take the form of a human and to die for us, atonement.. pure blood, so pure it paid for the sins of all of humanity, for all of time.. It covered the bill for all of our future mistakes.. To provide humans with a way to atone, which as less than perfect beings we cannot alone do..

He also came and lived amongst us so that we may not say.. "hey, you don't know what it's like to be one of the very creatures, you created - to be tempted, to feel physical torment as we do.. the depths of the human condition..

Such emotion..

Such, pain... ..

And to walk a mile in our shoes, well 30 plus years he spent as one of us.. to show that, while we cannot be perfect, we all fall short.. even preachers.. that we can try. We can strive to live right, to help our fellow man with all of our hearts, and all of our souls... Just as he did... in human form.

Being Christian and being "religious" are two utterly different things.. God wants our hearts, and some of our time.. A private relationship where we turn to him in times of good and bad, for advice, for hope, for comfort.. Just like we would with our own fathers.. I guess that's why we call him, "God, the father" and why he calls us, his children..

:)
That was really beautifully written.

tumblr_inline_mn0vkiB9Ho1qz4rgp.gif

plain vanilla Christian
Lol!
Being Christian and being "religious" are two utterly different things
I agree, and unfortunately a vast majority of the "Christians" I know don't have an ounce of spirituality yet use the religion aspect to pass judgement on others, while remaining blind to their own filth.

Lol!

I agree, and unfortunately a vast majority of the "Christians" I know don't have an ounce of spirituality yet use the religion aspect to pass judgement on others, while remaining blind to their own filth.
I couldn't have said it any better.. :)

So much food for thought. So many of you have so much more learned backgrounds!

I have absolutely NO back up for my belief--that JC came to remind us who we are (our God/Better/Loving natures).

In the book, I'm writing JC is bought back (according to Christians 'out of season' so it's not the 2nd coming) and JC in the book is appalled at 'religion' and how folks have chained themselves back with 'the law' -- when JC came the first time to free us from it.

What do you think JC would say if he was here today?

How do you think folks would receive what he'd say?

Hebrews 13:8New King James Version (NKJV)
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

New King James Version (NKJV)
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®.

I think he would think the same things he did back then..

What do you think JC would say if he was here today?
On this forum? Well, "So awesome to be among my INFJ friends" of course ;)

All his messages would get 80+ likes, his personal blog would be about performing miracles - it would be pretty cool to have him around here. I think he would be chilled, hanging out as an INFJ among other INFJs, giving us his best advice on how to use our Fe properly, etc.

Last edited:
On this forum? Well, "So awesome so be among my INFJ friends" of course ;)

All his messages would get 80+ likes, his personal blog would be about performing miracles - it would be pretty cool to have him around here. I think he would be chilled, hanging out as an INFJ among other INFJs, giving us his best advice on how to use our Fe properly, etc.

I think he'd be very popular here too--I'll bet he's an INFJ too...but what would he say outside of this forum?

I think he'd be very popular here too--I'll bet he's an INFJ too...but what would he say outside of this forum?
To return to your question.... I find it impossible to answer it, because I don't think Jesus could come back. I'm very interested in René Girard's theory of mimetic desire and societal scapegoating, and his idea that Christ was the first self-avowed innocent scapegoat, replying to sacrifice with love, and thereby putting an end to the infernal cycle of mimetic crisis and sacrificial violence. To me, Jesus doesn't really make sense outside of his sacrifice. I can expand on this in more detail if you're interested.

Reactions: Wyote and Skarekrow
To return to your question.... I find it impossible to answer it, because I don't think Jesus could come back. I'm very interested in René Girard's theory of mimetic desire and societal scapegoating, and his idea that Christ was the first self-avowed innocent scapegoat, replying to sacrifice with love, and thereby putting an end to the infernal cycle of mimetic crisis and sacrificial violence. To me, Jesus doesn't really make sense outside of his sacrifice. I can expand on this in more detail if you're interested.

Well, my book is fiction...and to me, maybe Jesus was...I see no reason for him to have come as God (the father) could simply forgive his wayward tribe of kids...But, yes, I would be interested in you expanding your "Jesus doesn't make sense outside of sacrifice."

Reactions: Skarekrow and Ren
I am writing a book of fiction.
In it, one of my characters does NOT believe in 'original sin.' He believes in 'original love.' That we are conceived in God's love--no matter who your parents are. That we have a beautiful soul and the choice to act righteously or not. And some of the not acting righteously is normal as one finds their way.

How do you feel about 'original sin'? That is my question....

Food for thought: I heard that the term beguiled in biblical day's meant to impregnate. So if Satan beguiled eve? If eve had two seeds one good one evil? I believe the point is that we are born with both. We have an inherent nature to love and to appease the senses/instant gratification. Which maybe the sin is then just immediately developed. Like in the way our first learned fear is of heights the first time we are held. Perhaps even more perplexing is that we are only born with one fear. The Dark

I am writing a book of fiction.
In it, one of my characters does NOT believe in 'original sin.' He believes in 'original love.' That we are conceived in God's love--no matter who your parents are. That we have a beautiful soul and the choice to act righteously or not. And some of the not acting righteously is normal as one finds their way.

How do you feel about 'original sin'? That is my question....

Food for thought: I heard that the term beguiled in biblical day's meant to impregnate. So if Satan beguiled eve? If eve had two seeds one good one evil? I believe the point is that we are born with both. We have an inherent nature to love and to appease the senses/instant gratification. Which maybe the sin is then just immediately developed. Like in the way our first learned fear is of heights the first time we are held. Perhaps even more perplexing is that we are only born with one fear. The Dark