Online vs IRL Personality Typing Errors | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Online vs IRL Personality Typing Errors

^ i did. we're in agreement then ;)

How exactly does psychology discount the importance of Fe? And completely objectivity, while being technically impossible, doesn't seem to be effective in most situations. I'd assume that we have four main functions (from primary to inferior) for that very reason, it's hard to live by using only one or two functions.

control groups, isolating influencing variables, determining repeatability etc.etc. basically the approach by which psychologists take to understand how the mind works is very Ti, even though you're right, that complete objectivity is impossible. point is, the discipline TRIES to be as objective as it can, and in the process ignores the importance of Fe and how that can influence the results.

However, I would think in a natural state the Ti dominant would need time to recharge from an overabundance of Fe.

This^^ is key to my sanity. Too much Fe overwhelms me. If I don't get that space to recharge or recover, I know I'll go crazy or bonkers.

control groups, isolating influencing variables, determining repeatability etc.etc. basically the approach by which psychologists take to understand how the mind works is very Ti, even though you're right, that complete objectivity is impossible. point is, the discipline TRIES to be as objective as it can, and in the process ignores the importance of Fe and how that can influence the results.

I'll give you that, I was thinking more of counseling instead of clinical which does have a basis for objective thinking. Question: Do you think psychology uses more introverted thinking than extroverted thinking? (Just wondering, the question seemed to veer directly into Ti but that might be because that's the function that most members here use. I feel like I'm cursed with a inferior function!)

I'll give you that, I was thinking more of counseling instead of clinical which does have a basis for objective thinking. Question: Do you think psychology uses more introverted thinking than extroverted thinking? (Just wondering, the question seemed to veer directly into Ti but that might be because that's the function that most members here use. I feel like I'm cursed with a inferior function!)

But that's comparing apples and fruitcake isn't it? Psychologists may use controlled scientific social experiments, and later document, study, and evaluate the results using scientifical methodology - that's one aspect of the field. But then they can speak with someone individually or in a group setting to determine feelings, perceptions, possible causes or actions of an issue or problem to help the person "interpersonally" resolve a personal or social problem. Wouldn't speaking with someone to get information about themselves to solve a personal problem be separate from the objective study of the field as a scientific endeavor, and require a different balance of functions?

....hmmmm I know I do keep a great deal of who I am sort of locked away IRL...and here I feel free to be me...so it can be said that some of you see the real me Online, while offline, people only get bits of me...I am not aware of any other types of projections of myself...

Some people are inheriently bad at self inflection. As such they will never guess at their type. I have actally noticed that the more and more inward i dig into the core of my personality to sort it out, the harder it gets to quantify. So really, you need middle ground in order for you to type yourself correctly.

The common error I have seen is people will project initally who they want to be, and this is extremely hard for that person to catch.