Online love | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Online love

that infatuation can feel like the real thing. Even the sense that someone understands you and "gets" you can feel like more is there than there really is. It's tricky. As many here have said, sometimes those online know things or know more about you than friends or family, but they won't know the complete you until you meet and honestly, get to know them well, if they are trustworthy enough to get to know.

Perfect sayings. It is proven now, we have to meet them personally. I agree with you.

Well thanks for the responses. Reading this thread I would say that it is not possible to truly love some online (and would not be healthy). I believe you can develop a large capacity to love that person but only develops truly when you meet them and even then it is not guaranteed. But having a real, honest and bond strengthening relationship with a romantic interest online is definitely possible and is a good thing I think.

Here's some online agape love for all of you.

:hug:

Reactions: dneecey
I couldn't develop romantic feelings for someone online, until I met them in person (and preferably a number of times). I could become infatuated possibly with a persona someone gives off, but I wouldn't consider that love. I'd have to spend time with the person to know it's the real deal (the relationship, and the person).

I do however care about many of the people I meet online, and love them in such a way.

this!!!

though it has never happened to me (I do like many people I meet online, but I have never known them enough to fall in love or something), I think it's possible if there's authenticity and a great deal of efforts are made.

I think you can make a connection with someone, sometimes even a strong connection, but the question is whether the connection is strong, authentic, and honest enough to build a relationship, and then love.

Well, I can't love someone online (we're currently ignoring my stance on 'love' for this statement), personally I find it rather tasteless. I have to know the human in person and talk to them face to face before developing any emotions or attachment to them. I believe the internet is quite deceptive on appearances- such as the fact I appear extroverted online and am not in real life. Little details like that just make it harder to have 'real' and 'long lasting' attachments to people that would constitute a relationship.

Love online?

I have a theory on that..

But I would rather tell a story about love online instead.

I met this woman online a few weeks ago.. We clicked, it was intense, I enjoyed the attention. But then I started to realise we were very hurt people who are both still licking the very open wounds of our previous relationships. so I started to back off a little
In 2 short weeks we went form having some really deep chats to her asking me to go live with her..I am in Europe she is in California.. She sent me naked pics without my solicitation. and finally I needed to withdraw.. so I took a few days off. OMG what I came back to..:eek: in 3 days we went from being soul mates to splitting up for good.. we lived a whole lifetime in those 3 days and I missed it all..
I am still spinning

Watch out for love online, or something like it

Last edited: