[INFJ] - On a dating site: Was I just in your head? Did this just happen? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] On a dating site: Was I just in your head? Did this just happen?

Trent

Community Member
Nov 17, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Ok, going through a divorce. I'm not getting any younger and I am potty trained. I'm a big boy. Anyways, I joined a dating site (platonical for now). Of course, what kind of females am I seeking? Well, ESTJ is not one of them. If it works for you then God bless. You are miracles. Ok, this girl, INFJ, on the East coast I think says she is one also. So, I leave a 'reply'.

As I am I typing, I feel her response to what I am typing?!?! I am not joking. Dude!! Yes. Man, what are we? I thought to myself (this will sound so arrogant) that potentially we are the evolution of the male/female relationship. I'm like I already know, but you said nothing, but THIS was how many thousands of miles away? I know right?

Can anyone relate to this? This is insane, scary and yet cool :)

Reactions: Asa
So, no? I'm the only one? Is this too much? Dude, if I can't share with the Myer's or Brigg's family who can I?
I guess too out there. And I'm impatient at times. INFJ -ism.

AibKyGKrT.jpg

This is the creme of 2-minute lazy research from google --> perscaf
I have no opinion on what is below. It's just to stimulate discussion on your topic.

INFJ and INFJ

How the relationship works: Two heads are better than one! When these personalities meet, they completely understand one another and are intrigued at such a rare, blessed occurrence. They are nurturing, trusting, and dedicated. They will take very good care of each other and will succeed in any kind of relationship so long as it is long-lasting.

Why the relationship may not work out: They understand what gets under the other one’s skin. They understand one another so well that they could simply be the death of one another. They are both stubborn and they both hold a grudge, which means that if fighting starts it may never end. Both manipulative, they could hurt each other more deeply than almost any other two types could.

How to keep it: Tolerance. When these two don’t agree, they must resist their burning urge to argue and working things out in a peaceful manner. If they can achieve peace, this couple is perfection.

Hmmm. Now, this is sounding rare also. Going to dig some more.

I discussed this with an older, balance INFP female. She indicated perhaps I was interacting with my projection. Very cool insight. The part that caught my attention during what happened though was I realized it wasn't me.

How have you confirmed that the info was feeling what you believe it to have felt?

Here is how I can describe the process I experience. As I was typing I was extremely focused, in tune, open and it was like I was there (wherever there is), but was not aware I was there. Forgot what I typed, but I typed something and I felt a response while in this focused state. I think initially I blew it off. Then I kept typing and realized I was inside some sort of cognitive intuition (not sure what to call it) and the response now perhaps was the response I anticipated on the basis of patterns I have perceived over the eons. Then I caught myself or separated myself and became aware of me during the process. There was a unfamiliarity of the cognitive intuition I was not acquainted with which drew my attention and conclusion, "Was I in her head?" I'm still chewing on this myself, but I think this is an experience with Ni's. Personally, I think it is being spiritual. Communication is not always verbal or even physical. Omg, this sounds trippy. Lol. Thanks for the nudge to dig more.

I found this on Personality Junkie:

"One of the central features of Intuition is its capacity to synthesize information. It is sensitive to patterns and similarities, quickly seeing connections among disparate pieces of data. By seeing how everything is connected and interrelated, it is capable of discerning universal laws and structures.

What is interesting about types with dominant Intuition, including INFJs, is that this Intuitive process, which for non-Intuitives is largely unconscious, is more accessible and observable in consciousness. This seems particularly true for INTJs and INFJs, whose Intuition is directly inwardly rather than being fused with the outside world. INJs have the good fortune of witnessing and consciously participating in a mysterious process which for other types is entirely unconscious."

Still trying to understand what is the subconscious. Staring to think another area of the mind and or soul. Perhaps, that is the "where" I was when referring to congnitive intuition.

I haven't had this experience, but I will warn you to be careful seeking out another INFJ. We are intense, and we see through facades. It does make for a lot of bickering. And if you ever wanted to keep an air of mystery, well, too bad.

Having said that, the connection will feel amazing. It's the one we seek when we look for a partner.

I don't think INFJs are the "evolution" of anything, including, as you put it, "of the male/female" relationship.

We're all just humans making our ways through life. We are not more evolved than another person because of a set of letters humans came up with some odd decades ago.

It's interesting, MBTI. But it's just a small aspect of who we are. Get to know someone, such as you mentioned, an ESTJ, before ruling them out. They are so much more than their type. That ESTJ could have been an amazing, lovely person. The INFJ could be a terrible human being, and they would be so independent of their type.

Delve into typology, research it, consider it, but I think it's important not to give it too much weight. Get to know someone as an individual. Don't even think about type at first - see them without the filter that your subjective opinion of what being a certain type means clouding your vision.

But this is just my very humble opinion.

Reactions: Slevin
Thanks Youhemmein. Yea, I've been told I am intense as well and I don't even realize it. Talk about a complicated yet profound and at the same time simple relationship. Similar to the Hadron Collider. The kind of discoveries that change the world on a relational level.

Ok, going through a divorce. I'm not getting any younger and I am potty trained. I'm a big boy. Anyways, I joined a dating site (platonical for now). Of course, what kind of females am I seeking? Well, ESTJ is not one of them. If it works for you then God bless. You are miracles. Ok, this girl, INFJ, on the East coast I think says she is one also. So, I leave a 'reply'.

As I am I typing, I feel her response to what I am typing?!?! I am not joking. Dude!! Yes. Man, what are we? I thought to myself (this will sound so arrogant) that potentially we are the evolution of the male/female relationship. I'm like I already know, but you said nothing, but THIS was how many thousands of miles away? I know right?

Can anyone relate to this? This is insane, scary and yet cool :)
ow, it seems that you simply know psychology, that's why you feel the reaction of the person you are texting with... Personally, I'm the same - I really predict all the conversation, all the messages I will receive from girls, because we all are humans and we have the same needs, the same thoughts, and, sometimes we don't even differ... That's why it's so important sometimes to talk to people from different countries. Frankly speaking only recently I understood, that there is a good option to text with East girls. By the way, recently I started texting with a slovenian girl after I read this article, because there was said, that Slovenian girls have different mentality, and you know, it became true, so, mow I text only with them. (This is kind of strange, I know)

ow, it seems that you simply know psychology, that's why you feel the reaction of the person you are texting with... Personally, I'm the same - I really predict all the conversation, all the messages I will receive from girls, because we all are humans and we have the same needs, the same thoughts, and, sometimes we don't even differ... That's why it's so important sometimes to talk to people from different countries. Frankly speaking only recently I understood, that there is a good option to text with East girls. By the way, recently I started texting with a slovenian girl after I read this article, because there was said, that Slovenian girls have different mentality, and you know, it became true, so, mow I text only with them. (This is kind of strange, I know)
You fucking sock puppet.