Nostalgia from a song you've never heard before? | INFJ Forum

Nostalgia from a song you've never heard before?

KazeCraven

Graduated from Typology : May 2011
Donor
Aug 9, 2009
MBTI
IEI
Enneagram
6w5 sp/sx
I guess it makes sense in retrospect, considering this song reminds me of a certain type of song I've heard before. This one did a number on me:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g48C0CEL0dQ&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Andrew Bird - Heretics[/ame]

Can you relate?

Discuss.

happens to me too. not with that song, though

happens to me too. not with that song, though

Oh, I wouldn't expect it with this particular song. I think the effect this particular song has on me is mostly unique to my brain.

This is extremely rare for me to have happen, but it can happen. I almost always only get nostalgic feelings from music after it is "linked" to a time period in my past. However, there are a handful of notable songs that when I first heard them, I had a strange form of nostalgia associated with it, even though I had never heard it before. In a sense it was almost like d

Definitely.. Many songs I've never heard before can bring back waves of old emotions that I can swim in freely. Even if they involve sadness, the fact that something so beautiful can describe that sadness for you and only you is what makes it not so sad because it's so beautiful. Here's Bonobo's "nightlite", one that I love (I got reminded because someone posted a Bonobo quote)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doy3-A4Vric"]YouTube- Bonobo - Nightlite (Featuring Bajka)[/ame]

Reactions: IndigoSensor
Definitely.. Many songs I've never heard before can bring back waves of old emotions that I can swim in freely. Even if they involve sadness, the fact that something so beautiful can describe that sadness for you and only you is what makes it not so sad because it's so beautiful. Here's Bonobo's "nightlite", one that I love (I got reminded because someone posted a Bonobo quote)

YouTube- Bonobo - Nightlite (Featuring Bajka)

Would you believe me if I said this is another one of those songs that caused this for me as well (and I can count these songs on two hands). Very interesting indeed! I wonder if anyone else feels this way about this song.

Would you believe me if I said this is another one of those songs that caused this for me as well (and I can count these songs on two hands). Very interesting indeed! I wonder if anyone else feels this way about this song.

Of course I believe you! I'd be suprised if I was the only one who felt that. Music is wonderful, especially for NFs. I know some NT musicians that are turning to NFs because music brings out the F in them somehow and it spills over in other parts of their lives.

It's refreshing to know I'm not the only one who's moved by this track =)

Maybe it's type related?

Both of those songs are kinda cool, but that's all I can say about them.