[PUG] No Russian - Airport scene

Kavalan

Has risen
Sep 16, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
1W9
In the new Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 there is one level early on that has garnered attention as being too far and it is known as No Russia. To Put it into context one can opt out of playing it and have a cinema play in its place. All the same there are quite a few people in an uproar about it and Russia went as far as trying to ban the game outright.

This is a video of it and I do say it is quite graphic.
[YOUTUBE]gXBDkevx5lM[/YOUTUBE]

I being a gamer took pause when I got to this level(this is what spurred the thread) and found myself just chipping in during the walk through and only shooting at those who shot back. The intro does breath a word of truth as lines in war blur and sometimes more than one expects.

This is a work of fiction but I ask the forum the question that has been asked around circles about this and future games:
Have we gone too far and too real?

What no children? Where were all the innocent children to gun down? Airports have children!

Edit: I should probably make it clear I'm kidding.

There have been worse games. Super Columbine Massacre RPG for example.

Last edited:
I guess this version would suit you more satya
[youtube]SHV5uopEJBw[/youtube]

I guess this version would suit you more satya
[youtube]SHV5uopEJBw[/youtube]

If I ever go on a shooting rampage, I am sooooo going to have that playing on my MP3 player while I'm doing it.

I'm not a gamer so I assume this blood and guts stuff is normal. It seems pointless to kill innocent bystanders, but it didn't give me pause. More than anything, I'm bored from watching; the killings are so redundant and impersonal. It's just walking around and "klak klak klak klak" machine gun shooting for 8 minutes. Yawn... -_-

In the new Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 there is one level early on that has garnered attention as being too far and it is known as No Russia. To Put it into context one can opt out of playing it and have a cinema play in its place. All the same there are quite a few people in an uproar about it and Russia went as far as trying to ban the game outright.

This is a video of it and I do say it is quite graphic.
[YOUTUBE]gXBDkevx5lM[/YOUTUBE]

I being a gamer took pause when I got to this level(this is what spurred the thread) and found myself just chipping in during the walk through and only shooting at those who shot back. The intro does breath a word of truth as lines in war blur and sometimes more than one expects.

This is a work of fiction but I ask the forum the question that has been asked around circles about this and future games:
Have we gone too far and too real?

There have been games worse than this, as satya has stated, and as far as realness goes anyone who is not disturbed in any way will most likely realize that this is just a game and should be treated as such. If a game, even one as realistic as this is supposedly, can cause a gamer to go on a killing spree then that person is easily manipulated by anything; violent tv, the internet, and books. Context wise though? I think that the sole purpose of the scene/level is to show that the lines blur in war time and, although I haven't played the game and just zoomed through the video, it did hit me when I saw the people being hosed down.

Ha! A game that actually makes you feel and think about things, no wonder everyone is in a uproar.

Oh that is so disturbing, killing pixels, oh my gawd