No Homeless Allowed

GracieRuth

Permanent Fixture
Aug 19, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Is that bad?

The hypocrisy is astounding. Protesting against the "rich and greedy" corporations while denying helping out your fellow man.

Edit: Can anyone find a more reputable source than Fox news where this has been reported?

Last edited:
Reactions: grt$5vb
Right where I work near Yale University there is a green and they have a bunch of tents up and they copying the occupy wall street thing, only they are all the kids of millionaires and stuff, sleeping in their 1000 dollar tents.. pathetic.

If there are really freeloaders and people pretending to be protesters, I can't say I blame them. Someone has to pay for the "organic chicken and vegetables, spaghetti bolognese, and roasted beef and sheep’s-milk-cheese salad".

Last edited:
I don't understand the mentality that doesn't just bring a sack lunch. Why is anyone doing any cooking?

If there are really freeloaders and people pretending to be protesters, I can't say I blame them. Someone has to pay for the "organic chicken and vegetables, spaghetti bolognese, and roasted beet and sheep’s-milk-cheese salad".

It's funny because it's a microcosm of the protest itself, the protest is about the "1%" not sharing their metaphorical "organic chicken and vegetables, spaghetti bolognese, and roasted beet and sheep's-milk-cheese salad" with the protesters themselves.

The 1% can afford to spare...the question is, can the protesters?

I'm sure the homeless feel as if the protesters with their fancy organic meals can afford to spare as well.

I'm sure the homeless feel as if the protesters with their fancy organic meals can afford to spare as well.

riots1.jpg

Ummm... how many here actually lived in and around the homeless people in New York City? There's a reason they get the stereotypes as being "bums" rather than just "down on their luck". Most aren't your standard average American citizen trying to work hard and earn a good living. These are the people that gave up long ago; mental institutions close down and ship them out, prisons get overcrowded and give them a bus fare that will go "just far enough". Lots of them have drug problems, lots have become alcoholics either before or after the fact and many have serious mental health issues that need professional attention.

It's not like the protesters are kicking out hard working, down on their luck families with children here. These are the types of people you avoid on the street, not out of shame, but because you fear for your life.

Ummm... how many here actually lived in and around the homeless people in New York City? There's a reason they get the stereotypes as being "bums" rather than just "down on their luck". Most aren't your standard average American citizen trying to work hard and earn a good living. These are the people that gave up long ago; mental institutions close down and ship them out, prisons get overcrowded and give them a bus fare that will go "just far enough". Lots of them have drug problems, lots have become alcoholics either before or after the fact and many have serious mental health issues that need professional attention.

It's not like the protesters are kicking out hard working, down on their luck families with children here. These are the types of people you avoid on the street, not out of shame, but because you fear for your life.

I was going to say this. The perpetually homeless are homeless for a reason. Only a small fraction of them are people who are "down on their luck."

Last edited:
I was going to say this. The perpetually homeless are homeless for a reason. Only a small fraction of them are people who are "down on their luck."
The two main reasons someone is perpetually homeless are 1. addictions and 2. mental disability.

The two main reasons someone is perpetually homeless are 1. addictions and 2. mental disability.

Sounds about right. Addicts can seek help for their dependence; the resources are there. So, if they're perpetually homeless, it is of their own doing.
People with mental disabilities are a different story. If their condition is such that they are unable to function in daily life, then it's (probably) through no fault of their own they can't hold a stable life down.

Exactly the types of people that would know what the protest was about, the issues at hand and the different political solutions available. Can't imagine why the protesters wouldn't want them hanging out in their camp...

Maybe the addicts who are homeless have a mental disability... indeed one could say that all addicts have a mental disability.... hence they're addicts.

... but then again, maybe addicts are dirty low life scum that deserve to suffer in eternity </end troll>

Edit: Added obvious trolling