Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Post any media with an NF theme here.

I'm slow, what's an NF?

I'm slow, what's an NF?

[MENTION=4664]Rasmus[/MENTION], NF applies to all MBTI types who share the middle "NF" designation (aka intuitive feelers or Idealists as defined by David Keirsey: INFJ, INFP, ENFJ and ENFP. Info here). :D

As to movies or TV with NF themes--? It's hard to say for me because I don't want to point out the obvious (romantic comedies). I'll have to think about non-romantic NF movies a bit.

Reactions: Gaze
Thanks [MENTION=442]arbygil[/MENTION]

A terrific movie I saw a long time ago and really want to watch again--"Resurrection", starring Ellen Burstyn as a woman who returns to life from the brink of death with amazing healing powers. It's very moving and well acted. It's from the early 1980's. Also, a good movie called "Things You Can Tell Just By Looking At Her", from 2001, with Holly Hunter, Cameron Diaz and Glenn Close. A quiet, thoughtful, well-done film.

Also, two movies I mentioned in a previous thread--"Fried Green Tomatoes" (1991); and "A Little Princess" (1995). Great acting and very INFJ stories/characters to enjoy in those ones.

I've been watching "Felicity" lately and it's very NF. It's cute :)

I like this film . . . actually I LOVED IT!

[video=youtube;orXcdLwtVRY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orXcdLwtVRY[/video]

Gideon was a good one. Quirky little low budget film that came out in 1999.

Sean from Psych is almost certainly ENFP

There are a few of the more historic-based movies that have an idealist flavor to them:

The Last Samurai
Shogun - 1980 mini series
Braveheart
Kingdom of Heaven
Agora (kind of a conflict of idealist vs science)
Seven Years in Tibet

My faves aren't normally NF-dominant fare, but I guess these are the closest to NF movies that I like:

Babel
Hero (Asian cinema)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Life is Beautiful
Thelma & Louise
Cinema Paradiso
The English Patient
Empire of the Sun
The Natural
The Spanish Prisoner
Neverending Story
Traffic
Finding Forester

Reactions: grt$5vb
My faves aren't normally NF-dominant fare, but I guess these are the closest to NF movies that I like:

Babel
Hero (Asian cinema)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Life is Beautiful
Thelma & Louise
Cinema Paradiso
The English Patient
Empire of the Sun
The Natural
The Spanish Prisoner
Neverending Story
Traffic
Finding Forester

Good choices.

Arby had a good list there.
Moon

Just about any anime.

The starwars movies, seeing the good within the evil seems like an NF trait to me. I could be wrong though.

Oh, forgot one: The Constant Gardener.

The Last Supper is an amusing NF film. Are you ever justified in murdering someone for the good of society?(The first question they ask themselves is "If you knew what hitler would become, would you have killed him? At what point would it become unacceptable?) It uses some pretty stereotypical charicatures for the victims though.

The show How I Met Your Mother is all about an INFJ (played by Joshua Radnor) and his two friends who are ENFPs played by Jason Segal and Alyson Hannigan, and their other two friends one who is an ENTP/ESTP and one who is an ISTP. Watching that show was really useful to me, Joshua Radnor is supposedly an INFJ in real life too.

Radnor: "Obsessive worry and guilt are universal feelings."

Radnor: "The people in [my] movie have legitimate problems, and they learn to shift their perspective and find grace in the middle of those problems."

Radnor: "I accidentally read [a] book [Alicia Silverstone] gave me ... and that turned me into a vegetarian for about two years."

Lars Von Trier is also an INFJ, and I can really relate to him. Von Trier: "My contact with actresses is better [than with actors]. ... My [female] main characters are built on my own person. I think women are better, more understanding. This is my female side."

Von Trier: "I take a lot of responsibility, practically no matter who I'm with. Even for an interview to go well. ... I am very polite and well-mannered. Pretty shy of conflict, actually. ... Deep down I don't like my polite side."

[Interviewer: "Doesn't it bother you to disparage people?"]
Von Trier: "Not in the least. I'm practically psychopathic that way. And it's become a hero role where I think I do it on behalf of what I believe to be just."

Von Trier: "[Hitler]'s not what you would call a good guy, but I understand much about him, and I sympathize with him a little bit."

I figured I should probably describe why How I Met Your Mother is about an INFJ. The main character played by Joshua Radnor, is future oriented, cares deeply about the people around him, is always noisy and very involved in everybody's lives. He ends up getting a job as a professor, and always cares about being liked by everyone.