Next big technological advancement? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Next big technological advancement?

I do, no more major distractions.
:) lol, well.. assuming that you are coming from your 'ambitious' point of view here (as you mention distractions) then, yes, absolutely, it's much better to focus on your ambitions, growth and really live your life, it gives you I guess self-actualisation in a way?
So, I get that, I do but, it's the potential effects on humanity that really get to me. Does that not worry you, mr. ENTJ?

:) lol, well.. assuming that you are coming from your 'ambitious' point of view here (as you mention distractions) then, yes, absolutely, it's much better to focus on your ambitions, growth and really live your life, it gives you I guess self-actualisation in a way?
So, I get that, I do but, it's the potential effects on humanity that really get to me. Does that not worry you, mr. ENTJ?
No! Once we reach this technological point, we'll move towards super-humanity, that is to say, over humanity. No more illness or disease, no more failure. We will become a race of Gods.

Self-programming AI will replace us as we once replaced Homo-Erectus and his archaic predecessors.

"What is the ape to man? A laughingstock or a painful embarrassment. And man shall be just that for the overman: a laughingstock or a painful embarrassment...
Behold, I teach you the overman. The overman is the meaning of the earth."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

No! Once we reach this technological point, we'll move towards super-humanity, that is to say, over humanity. No more illness or disease, no more failure. We will become a race of Gods.

Self-programming AI will replace us as we once replaced Homo-Erectus and his archaic predecessors.

"What is the ape to man? A laughingstock or a painful embarrassment. And man shall be just that for the overman: a laughingstock or a painful embarrassment...
Behold, I teach you the overman. The overman is the meaning of the earth."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
:tearsofjoy: (Sorry, I just realised that my friend must be an ENFJ if this is an ENFJ thing because I've had this discussion so many times- I think he's an ESFP though.)

Ok, fair point! rid us of diseases, thank you! But, how will we value being human if the things that make us human are taken away?
..Or.., don't we want that? We're still aiming for the God status? :bouncy::coolerthanyoudancing:

Last edited:
:tearsofjoy: (Sorry, I just realised that my friend must be an ENFJ if this is an ENFJ thing because I've had this discussion so many times- I think he's an ESFP though.)
I see.

Ok, fair point! rid us of diseases, thank you! But, how will we value being human if the things that make us human are taken away?
Taken away? Nonsense, we'd be able to synthesize the best parts of life via technology.
..Or.., don't we want that? We're still aiming for the God status? :bouncy::coolerthanyoudancing:
God status über alles!

Taken away? Nonsense, we'd be able to synthesize the best parts of life via technology.
God status über alles!

Lol I don't even know what I'm arguing about at this point.
I think I interpreted the word technology in some ways differently

I'm gonna need you to xplain this to me like I'm 4 years old. :eek:
giphy.gif

Okay, sorry I was rushing out.

So, Historical Materialism is a theory of historical and economic development - its the theoretical (as opposed to political) foundation of Marxism.

So essentially it claims that the particular interaction and relations between different socio-economic groups can be explained by their relation to productive forces (I.e. making things like food and products). It theories additionally that there are stages of economic development defined by these factors, which are transformed through class revolutions.

So the economic stages go something like this:

1) Primitive communism

2) Slavery. The economy worked by through using slaves for labour. But you have to house them and feed them and protect them.

3) Feudalism. The economy worked by using serfs for labour. But you have to house them and protect them.

4) Capitalism. The economy works by using wage labour. This is very efficient as you don't have to look after your labour beyond wage payments.

Each stage is associated with technological progress, creating different economic classes. Now, Marxists would argue that the stage after Capitalism is communism achieved by a proletarian revolution.

However, I would say that capitalism will give way to something else. If capitalism is the productive mode whereby the owners of capital (capitalists) employ the working classes to produce for them, then this system can be seen as coming to an end.

E.g. Look at the growth in the service sector compared to manufacturing. This is literally because people are less needed to create things.

Whay is coming is an 'automatic revolution', whereby industries will become automated to such an extent that there will be practically no need for human labour, and none whatsoever for unskilled labour.

The ecomic mode would have changed drastically. Machines produce the food, manufacture products, even render services to people, meaning that...

There will be nothing for human labour to do.

We would have a vast underclass of perpetually unemployed unskilled labour, a who would be dissatisfied, angry and resentful. The working class would dissolve to be replaced by a much larger underclass.

In this system, the sex bots will be needed to entertain the underclass.

It's not like a choice, entertainment technologies will be crucial to keep the system running.

I'd use sex robots to put a dent in human trafficking. Instead of using real women, you can rent the use of these very expensive robots to people for a better price than they'd pay for real prostitutes. Good business opportunity, buy 10 of these and open up shop haha. The cool thing is it can be fully automated too, kind of like coin-op, or subscription based. It can even be delivered to your house via Uber.

I'd use sex robots to put a dent in human trafficking. Instead of using real women, you can rent the use of these very expensive robots to people for a better price than they'd pay for real prostitutes. Good business opportunity, buy 10 of these and open up shop haha. The cool thing is it can be fully automated too, kind of like coin-op, or subscription based. It can even be delivered to your house via Uber.

Snap out of it, it's not about business. Would you want your kids to play with these robots, and never have the opportunity to be a grandfather, or see your family grow?

You don't need sex robots for "good business", there's enough in the world for that already, and look where that got us. Don't look at it the short-term, easy-money-way, but what it does for humanity as a whole.

Maybe you didn't have any bad intentions behind it, but i'm still posting this to make sure you are aware of what you're saying.

We have to think how we effect others before ourselves, if we want to make the world a better place.

Snap out of it, it's not about business. Would you want your kids to play with these robots, and never have the opportunity to be a grandfather, or see your family grow?

I don't see how this being my business idea or anyone else's would make any difference in that aspect. And if I did feel like humoring that notion, then I'd rather them play with a robot that can be cleaned and won't retain diseases than a real prostitute. Not that they would, but I have no control over that. I think you completely missed the part about this possibly putting a dent in human trafficking. The reason being is this can be a more affordable service leading to it not being viable to pimp out real humans, and or children as they do in some parts of the world.

I don't see how this being my business idea or anyone else's would make any difference in that aspect. And if I did feel like humoring that notion, then I'd rather them play with a robot that can be cleaned and won't retain diseases than a real prostitute. Not that they would, but I have no control over that. I think you completely missed the part about this possibly putting a dent in human trafficking. The reason being is this can be a more affordable service leading to it not being viable to pimp out real humans, and or children as they do in some parts of the world.

I get your point.

But how about we now turn every possible problem into a affordable service from a robot, since one might work so good, they will probably add it to much more possible problematic situations. Just to keep everything nice since i'd rather have my kids controlled by robots instead of real life knocking them down and actually let them learn something. Yes they might get a disease from a prostitute, but it will be your job as a parent to warn them about that, instead of buying them a piece of metal to play with. If they do get a disease, good, that's life they knew the risk, took it, and now get punched in the face for it. What's the purpose of going in the ring with a guarantee of knowing you're going to win and without ever getting hit? You won't even like the battle, because it wouldn't have a purpose, the outcome will just always be the same no matter what.

That is no life.

I am sorry but i do not agree with your point.

But what about the role of sex in love? Wouldn't we start to drastically undermine the quality of human relationships?

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
@Deleted member 16771 - I know you've considered this, but you left out the pressure of a growing population on that underclass.

Ultimately, there will be too few jobs and resources for the population, and the ways to alter the population drastically are via disease, war and... yikes... genocide. It isn't good.
Population growth is a serious issue, how to deal with population growth is a much worse issue. There is no ethical way to confront it.

-------

By "next technological advancement" are we taking about advancements that will become popular, or that don't exist at all? Many upcoming advancements are simply about finessing technology that already exists.
Tech that already exists (in various stages of development):
Androids/cyborgs/(Advanced) AI
Virtual and/or AI pets
Sex robots
Invisibility cloaks
Driverless cars
Quantum computing
Clothing with super hero technology, such as computers integrated into cloth, and clothing that can withstand different levels of assaults (ballistic, fire, etc) as well as having more advanced athletic properties.
Thought recognition
Flying cars (Porsche)
'Real Time' translation
3D printed food and lab-grown meat
Devices that help the blind see
Self-healing glass
Geo Engineering

3D printed food that has flavor and nutrition could displace a huge percentage of the underclass.
Both 3D printed foods and lab-grown meats would alter our planet, mostly for the better, as long as we didn't develop all the land currently dedicated to farming.
This technology would also possibly end starvation and malnutrition. That's a good thing, but population growth as a result is a bad thing.