Near Death Experience (NDE) - Talk With God | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Near Death Experience (NDE) - Talk With God

A friend of mine died and was revived. (He was fit, healthy, young and died while playing sports.) He won't talk about the experience, and I get the impression that this is because nothing happened, and there is nothing to talk about, he was just dead. :(

A friend of mine died and was revived. (He was fit, healthy, young and died while playing sports.) He won't talk about the experience, and I get the impression that this is because nothing happened, and there is nothing to talk about, he was just dead. :(

Why do you get that impression? Perhaps his experience was sad because the greatness superseded that life that he currently lives. Or maybe it scared him and therefore he doesn't want to be reminded of those types of thoughts and feelings. Possibly it was that he didn't like that idea that he actually died for a moment and was disconnected from those he loves. Or even worse, maybe he thinks people will call him crazy for his response to such an event.

Maybe you were right on your first impression but why is that your impression? Did he elude to this emptiness or lack of existence? Was there something that suggested everything went off?

I'm agnostic. As a mere little human I do not claim absolutes about knowledge that is bigger than I. I am anti-organized religion. I am not an atheist (because atheism is an absolute.) I don't think there is nothing, but I definitely don't think whatever happens follows any of the ideas presented by major religions. There are scientific explanations for "NDE". Nobody can be sure why people have these experiences. Nobody can be sure what happens after death.

In truth, the woman's explanation is off the wall from my perspective, but, if it helps her change her life to be more fulfilling and rewarding, that is good.

I have a friend who had recurring nightmares about being lifted through a tunnel and toward a beautiful, bright light. His therapist explained that it was a recollection if his own birth. Since then, I've equated the "going toward a bright light" NDE as a memory of birth.

I don't want to figure death out. There will come a time when I will have no say in the matter, so why bother insisting it is one way or the other? I'd rather work on living a life that matters.

But wouldn't that constitute a supreme being / species? Wouldn't that in fact be equivalent to a god? That if someone / something was capable of creating something of such magnitude in fact be superior to us and in essence be god like? Why would they have to be human or like us to have created it; in fact, doesn't it seem that our nature and abilities seem somewhat limited with respect to such a creation? That we are too feeble and lack ability to do something so grand?
My point is that we ourselves are close to creating entire universes. We may have already done it with the lhc but I have not kept up to date. But. It's estimated that by the year 2050 we will be able to create computer simulations of the known universe that include not only every star, but every atom as well. If we can do it than obviously more advanced ceatures could do it as well. And you are right for asking, "what constitutes a god." I have asked many people this and received a different answer almost every time. At its foundation though the answer always seems to stem from, "something that exists and is "more" than us and something we can not explain with our current understandings." This leaves room for many things to be considered a god or gods.

Reactions: t56hg2bv
I'm agnostic. As a mere little human I do not claim absolutes about knowledge that is bigger than I. I am anti-organized religion. I am not an atheist (because atheism is an absolute.) I don't think there is nothing, but I definitely don't think whatever happens follows any of the ideas presented by major religions. There are scientific explanations for "NDE". Nobody can be sure why people have these experiences. Nobody can be sure what happens after death.

In truth, the woman's explanation is off the wall from my perspective, but, if it helps her change her life to be more fulfilling and rewarding, that is good.

I have a friend who had recurring nightmares about being lifted through a tunnel and toward a beautiful, bright light. His therapist explained that it was a recollection if his own birth. Since then, I've equated the "going toward a bright light" NDE as a memory of birth.

I don't want to figure death out. There will come a time when I will have no say in the matter, so why bother insisting it is one way or the other? I'd rather work on living a life that matters.

This sounds incredibly fluid. Are you close on your J/P dichotomy?

Therapist don't know what is truth. They merely suggest potential options and then ask the patient to work through those options and decide which resonates the most. Was it birth or something else, only that person knows?!? As you said, nobody can be sure; there is only faith or that which is counter to it.

I believe you will have a say. Your life is a statement and that statement is of beauty and love. :)

I'm happy to have you to talk with.

My point is that we ourselves are close to creating entire universes. We may have already done it with the lhc but I have not kept up to date. But. It's estimated that by the year 2050 we will be able to create computer simulations of the known universe that include not only every star, but every atom as well. If we can do it than obviously more advanced ceatures could do it as well. And you are right for asking, "what constitutes a god." I have asked many people this and received a different answer almost every time. At its foundation though the answer always seems to stem from, "something that exists and is "more" than us and something we can not explain with our current understandings." This leaves room for many things to be considered a god or gods.

Do you believe you could be a god with enough knowledge, understanding and access to control the elements that make up the universe?

At some point the ability to create what you suggest will scale down just like every other technology. It will be attainable by all at which point we could all be gods by your definition. Is this correct from you perspective? Do we all have this potential with technology or does it require something else that is more intrinsic?

Reactions: Skarekrow
This sounds incredibly fluid. Are you close on your J/P dichotomy?
I'm happy to have you to talk with.

Nope.

I'm happy to have you to talk with, too.

Any arguments on the boost of DMT that the brain releases on death can be equated to it being the natural response to death for the brain to release this substance that “kicks” us out of our body...much like what happens to people when they smoke it...they just don’t die from that (but they do claim to go out of body).
So to me...DMT dump = natural trigger to kick our souls out of body upon death.

The real question should be....if it’s all hallucinatory then why are there such strong correlations or commonalties across time, culture, and religions?

This is a great documentary on the experience btw (one of my favs).

Near Death Experience Documentary
Commonalities of the Experience

This video explores the commonalities of the Near Death Experience and its possible implications and meanings for us while we reside on this planet.​

Last edited:
Any arguments on the boost of DMT that the brain releases on death can be equated to it being the natural response to death for the brain to release this substance that “kicks” us out of our body...much like what happens to people when they smoke it...they just don’t die from that (but they do claim to go out of body).
So to me...DMT dump = natural trigger to kick our souls out of body upon death.

The real question should be....if it’s all hallucinatory then why are there such strong correlations or commonalties across time, culture, and religions?

This is a great documentary on the experience btw (one of my favs).

Near Death Experience Documentary
Commonalities of the Experience

This video explores the commonalities of the Near Death Experience and its possible implications and meanings for us while we reside on this planet.​
Not to make light of what you're saying but I just got this picture in my head of someone being "kicked out of their body," and someone saying, damn dude, you just got punked. I'm not making light of what your saying, just made me laugh.

I will watch the video but wanted to offer this video from the tv show The Good Place about the afterlife. They talk about Doug who is a hero because of his observations about the afterlife while on shroons (DMT) while still alive. Ha, enjoy!

Reactions: Skarekrow
Do you believe you could be a god with enough knowledge, understanding and access to control the elements that make up the universe?

At some point the ability to create what you suggest will scale down just like every other technology. It will be attainable by all at which point we could all be gods by your definition. Is this correct from you perspective? Do we all have this potential with technology or does it require something else that is more intrinsic?
Again it depends on your definition of a god. I believe that it's possible someone who can not do what you do may look at you as if you are a god.

Again it depends on your definition of a god. I believe that it's possible someone who can not do what you do may look at you as if you are a god.

This is another subtle point as we consider inexplicable events like NDEs and what they are fundamentally.
These experiences, including faith in a “God” is more likely to suggest....to provoke....cause confusion and even offense to our settled certainties of who and what we are - a confusion of our cognitive categories and an offense to our otherwise seemingly material world - what they intend to do is mess with us.
What imho is not intended, is some kind of singular interpretation.
They seem intentionally open-ended and inherently faux, as if they want to be picked up and shaped by different people and communities with differing world-views.
Hence the long history of religion and other strange phenomena that seem attached sometimes...including folklore.
Meister Eckhart was a medieval Christian theosophist and philosopher.
The basis of all the teaching was a basic distinction he drew between “God” and the “Godhead beyond God.”
“God” is the personal deity that comes into being when human beings pray, worship, and believe in Him.
This “God” however, can always be "said away”..
“Saying away” has many forms in our modern thoughts and writings...but the roots lie in the history of mystical literature.
This is a very old, and supposedly powerful technique for transcending one’s ego and it’s cognitive and cultural constructs.
The famous “apophatic” theology of the Christian mystics - apo-phasis is a Greek term for “saying away”....that is, taking apart anything and everything that can be said about “God” in order to arrive at a kind of incredible, divine nothingness beyond all names and forms.
So it is this “God” that can be “said away”, deconstructed into a historical and/or social construct and psychological projection...because that is what “He” in fact is supposed to be.
The Godhead though, is no such thing...the Godhead is no thing at all.
One of Eckhart’s most common descriptions of the Godhead beyond God was nicht, or nothing...he doesn’t mean “nothing” in the nihilistic sense of the word...he meant that the Godhead was beyond space and time and so could not be identified with any single thing or act located in space and time.
The Godhead is literally no-thing...also sometimes called the “eternal Now”.
The eternal Now is without ego...as Eckhart put it - “neither Henry nor Conrad there” that is...that are not any egos or personalities there.
As egocentric creatures we can hardly understand such things...it shouldn’t be surprising then when he suggests that people should “take leave of God for God,” that is....to abandon any simplistic and naive notions of God as an objective person somewhere - “out there”...in doing so that they might experience true divinity in and as the Ground of their own souls.
We could say we need to stop projecting these sorts of things as supernatural and realize it as "super-natural” (normal as nature, but extraordinary and phenomenal as it sometimes can be)...as in...us, on some deeper level than a constructed ego, but as consciousness itself.

Last edited:
Not to make light of what you're saying but I just got this picture in my head of someone being "kicked out of their body," and someone saying, damn dude, you just got punked. I'm not making light of what your saying, just made me laugh.

I will watch the video but wanted to offer this video from the tv show The Good Place about the afterlife. They talk about Doug who is a hero because of his observations about the afterlife while on shroons (DMT) while still alive. Ha, enjoy!

I get what you mean.
Not offended...it is funny to think of.
It makes sense...if DMT when smoked causes OOBEs then why not theorize it being the action upon death to boot us up and out?

Reactions: t56hg2bv

Hilarious video clip btw...I’ll have to watch that show/movie? whatever.
Forgot to mention that in my last post!

Reactions: James and t56hg2bv
i think their all talking bollocks.

i died, nothing happened, other than i was dead for a bit, then i got an adrenaline needle shoved in my heart and i was alive again.
I've also been in 3 separate medically induced coma's, each around week long, still nothing happen.

it was actually:
surgery then coma
surgery then coma
in ICU, morphine overdose then coma.

Then 2 years later i got pretty close to dying again, i was in hospital again, i was recovering after more surgery, my friend said i was acting a bit weird (he say more weird then usual ) and i was very white, he went to get a nurse.

I felt a bit light headed, I remember trying to take my iPod apart with a spoon.

Turns out had about a pint of blood left, so had an emergency blood transfusion, still didn't see Jesus/God/fairies/ or floating above my body, all a got was a broken iPod :cry:

i died, nothing happened, other than i was dead for a bit, then i got an adrenaline needle shoved in my heart and i was alive again.
I've also been in 3 separate medically induced coma's, each around week long, still nothing happen.

it was actually:
surgery then coma
surgery then coma

Then 2 years later i got pretty close to dying again, i was in hospital again, i was recovering after more surgery, my friend said i was acting a bit weird (he say more weird then usual ) and i was very white, he went to get a nurse.

I felt a bit light headed, I remember trying to take my iPod apart with a spoon.

Turns out had about a pint of blood left, so had an emergency blood transfusion, still didn't see Jesus/God/fairies/ or floating above my body, all a got was a broken iPod :cry:

Do you believe in Jesus/God/fairies?

Do you believe in Jesus/God/fairies?
no, but i believe in hot naked women and i didn't see them either

giphy.gif

it was actually:
surgery then coma
surgery then coma

Not surprised that you don't remember...those who do have stories of NDE are a very small percentage of the population.
Glad you made it btw...sounds like you have had some painful and difficult experiences.
I'm sorry you had to face that.
I hope you are doing well now.

If it were a more frequent experience then we would probably regard it as something that warrants further exploration without a second thought...but, alas, it is still a rarity...though research suggests that there has been a slight uptick in the numbers...possibly due to medical science improving.
Plus, you were heavily sedated....under anesthesia, those who remember that type of NDE are even more rare.
Which could suggest that it could be a product of the mind...but maybe not, we are uncertain when and how they actually occur as of yet....some believe that it happens in a retroactive manner...giving someone the impression they are OOB when they are not.
The thing that I have always found personally interesting are the correlations among the rare experiencers.
There are certain things that all have described as the same even though some seem more subjective than others.
The feeling of being outside of the body...of seeing themselves and/or relatives and medical staff...some are met by a relative...some are met by a being of light whom emanates love.
The famous tunnel of light has been seen going back quite a ways into our history....the feeling of flying faster than light through it.
Going toward a central brighter light that exudes unconditional love such as that person has never experienced.
Colors that don't exist on Earth.
A feeling of that reality being "more real" than this reality....hyper-reality...ultra vivid.
A feeling of knowing...as you draw nearer to the light....the more you understand everything.
Some have a life review...which is very unlike the traditional Chrstian view of judgement....this is always described as "without judgement" "unconditionally loved" etc.
Those who have had such an experience describe seeing every moment of their life...time is unaccounted for, as some describe reliving a lifetime in a moment.
Most speak of how they were able to see how they have effected others they have come into contact with...not only relive that, but experience how that person felt because of your actions, and what ripples it has caused in others, and feel that as well...most say it is excruciating...yet they feel this unconditional love supporting them regardless and that is the only way they can stand seeing some of the ripples they have caused.
Then they reach a line in the sand...there is a boundary they reach that should you cross, there is no going back to this life.
Some even argue to stay....then they describe being smashed into the tiniest point and dropped back into their bodies.
And it is those correlations, along with a few others I am sure I forgot, that have carried over regardless of culture, religion, time, ect..
It is that that I find fascinating.

But yes...it is still rare.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote and t56hg2bv

Fairies yes, and where I live there is a whole history of people seeing them and other 'nature spirits'. My aunt also lived in a remote place in Island and she swore she heard fairy bells.