Near Death Experience (NDE) - Talk With God | INFJ Forum

Near Death Experience (NDE) - Talk With God

t56hg2bv

Banned
May 8, 2017
MBTI
INFJ
An interesting experience with god after death due to the use of diet pills. Her experience feels heart felt and believable. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Do you believe in God or the soul? I would like to feel your feelings on this. I think it's worth the dialogue. :)

We know that the human body produces one of the most powerful hallucinogens know to man on it's own. It's called DMT. It's feesable this is what accounts for all NDEs.

Reactions: Asa
We know that the human body produces one of the most powerful hallucinogens know to man on it's own. It's called DMT. It's feesable this is what accounts for all NDEs.

I don't believe this person is on DMT but I do know what you speak of. There is a way to alter our state of consciousness (several scientific studies on this right now). We can find a way to experience god (or connect existentially) in a way that is chemically induced. I don't believe she was under any influence. She is describing her experience in a sensory way exactly as she experience it. I can feel her feelings and I KNOW that she believes what she is saying. It is a very moving to hear her speak.

Reactions: Skarekrow and Asa
Sure. The point is that our bodies produces DMT on their own and it's been speculated that it can dump DMT into the system in large enough quantity to created awake hallucinations that seem real. Of course real is subjective...

Do you believe she had a dump of DMT into her system during her NDE? Any info on this occurring that you have read?

Reactions: Skarekrow
Well, the only way you could prove it would be to monitor someone while they are dying, revive them and see if they had an NDE. So it's not likely to have any proof anytime soon. We do know to some extent though when the bodie releases DMT and it seems to be under many different types of conditions to include trauma.

Last edited:
Reactions: t56hg2bv
Spoken like a true INTJ. Love it.

As an INFJ, I don't need proof to believe. I have experienced things that completely defy explanation. Things that i knew without a doubt were about to happen, could not explain why and then did within less than a minute.

The way this woman explains herself is believable. I don't believe she is an INFJ nor do I believe she is a liar. I think she experienced something that was real to her and is trying to explain it the best way she can. I think she is sensory and probably extroverted. Most likely a feeler (so, who knows if the interpretation is a bit jaded), and probably a J based on the way she explains it. She broke it down into good parts that were understandable and clear. There are some things that can not be monitored and proved by data. I believe this is one of those things; at least until there is a technology that can give some visibility into the ether.

Or are you an atheist? No judgments, just curious.

Hallucinogen Rating Scale (HRS) - ok, that's just awesome.

I've had this discussion regularly with my significant other (a psychiatrist) and it is always a good one. I can't keep her on it for very long because I know she really can't dive to deep into something that is so unproven, but it always does make for good conversation. I hope it (the study) uncovers some good data and brings us something that is tangible and usable.

Spoken like a true INTJ. Love it.

As an INFJ, I don't need proof to believe. I have experienced things that completely defy explanation. Things that i knew without a doubt were about to happen, could not explain why and then did within less than a minute.

The way this woman explains herself is believable. I don't believe she is an INFJ nor do I believe she is a liar. I think she experienced something that was real to her and is trying to explain it the best way she can. I think she is sensory and probably extroverted. Most likely a feeler (so, who knows if the interpretation is a bit jaded), and probably a J based on the way she explains it. She broke it down into good parts that were understandable and clear. There are some things that can not be monitored and proved by data. I believe this is one of those things; at least until there is a technology that can give some visibility into the ether.

Or are you an atheist? No judgments, just curious.
I believe she believes what she experienced was real. Just as i believe my cousin who says he spoke to Jesus Christ when he was dying.

In regard to me being an athiest... is there a term for someone who doesn't believe in fairies?

Also, define what God means to you and I can tell you if I believe in it or not.

I believe she believes what she experienced was real. Just as i believe my cousin who says he spoke to Jesus Christ when he was dying.

In regard to me being an athiest... is there a term for someone who doesn't believe in fairies?

Also, define what God means to you and I can tell you if I believe in it or not.

Fair enough. In my experience there are two forms of god. There is the universal god that exists in all of us, transcending individuality and passing across each of us. Its like The Secret (for simplicity) where we can push our wishes and ideals out into the void and they start to manifest. Then there is the individual god (single entity) that we pray to for comfort and answers. That god can be very responsive and soothing to the point where we can submit to something that is bigger than ourselves and find peace and direction. It's hard not to believe that these two "gods" are connected in some way. I believe there are many examples of people experiencing things that defy explanation (miracles and prophecies) when connecting with either / both.

Do you think god is a fantasy or a mass delusion? A fairy that has to be dealt with because so many people (counter to your understanding) believe? Does everything cease to exist at death? Is there a soul or just biochemistry?

Did your cousin die or did he have a NDE? If he is gone then I'm very sorry for your loss. If he is still here I am very curious to hear his story / experience.

Did your cousin die or did he have a NDE? If he is gone then I'm very sorry for your loss. If he is still here I am very curious to hear his story / experience.
He is still here. He attempted suicide. His experience changed his life. Hes old and wealthy now.

Fair enough. In my experience there are two forms of god. There is the universal god that exists in all of us, transcending individuality and passing across each of us. Its like The Secret (for simplicity) where we can push our wishes and ideals out into the void and they start to manifest. Then there is the individual god (single entity) that we pray to for comfort and answers. That god can be very responsive and soothing to the point where we can submit to something that is bigger than ourselves and find peace and direction. It's hard not to believe that these two "gods" are connected in some way. I believe there are many examples of people experiencing things that defy explanation (miracles and prophecies) when connecting with either / both.

Do you think god is a fantasy or a mass delusion? A fairy that has to be dealt with because so many people (counter to your understanding) believe? Does everything cease to exist at death? Is there a soul or just biochemistry?
I think there is likely an unseen connection between people. Like a network connection. I do not see this as having anything to do with a God though. I believe it's likely the universe known to us was likely intentionally created but not by any "God" definition I have heard.
I dont believe the gods of major religion's are mass delusions. I believe they are nothing more than the attempt to define difficult to define things.

I believe it's likely the universe known to us was likely intentionally created but not by any "God" definition I have heard.

If not a god then what? When I think the word intention then I think of someone or something. If the intention created it then wouldn't that be at the very least god like or demigod like by definition? That would take a tremendous amount of power (spiritual, mental, physical, etc).

If not a god then what? When I think the word intention then I think of someone or something. If the intention created it then wouldn't that be at the very least god like or demigod like by definition? That would take a tremendous amount of power (spiritual, mental, physical, etc).
Define what "God" means to you.

Define what "God" means to you.

Well, I have two interpretations of god. There is the universal god that interconnects everything (like you previously suggested - a network). Then there is the individual god like many religions practice. When I was young there was only the individual god but as I got into my 20s and 30s there became only the universal god. As I entered my 40s I started to realize these two god were one in the same. We can act in conjunction with this god and affect the world in which we live while at the same time act directly with it for understanding and peace.

Now, the reason I asked was to understand your thoughts and beliefs. Its hard for me to understand intention on that scale without understanding something that appears to be god-like.

Well, I have two interpretations of god. There is the universal god that interconnects everything (like you previously suggested - a network). Then there is the individual god like many religions practice. When I was young there was only the individual god but as I got into my 20s and 30s there became only the universal god. As I entered my 40s I started to realize these two god were one in the same. We can act in conjunction with this god and affect the world in which we live while at the same time act directly with it for understanding and peace.

Now, the reason I asked was to understand your thoughts and beliefs. Its hard for me to understand intention on that scale without understanding something that appears to be god-like.
I think it's possible that a more technically advanced human society than what we currently know could have created our known universe. I also think an alien race could do it. In other words, given enough time we ourselves could create entire universes. It does not take mythical "gods" that defy explanation to create a universe such as what we know. I also believe it's possible for them to be created out of nothing.

I think it's possible that a more technically advanced human society than what we currently know could have created our known universe. I also think an alien race could do it. In other words, given enough time we ourselves could create entire universes. It does not take mythical "gods" that defy explanation to create a universe such as what we know. I also believe it's possible for them to be created out of nothing.

But wouldn't that constitute a supreme being / species? Wouldn't that in fact be equivalent to a god? That if someone / something was capable of creating something of such magnitude in fact be superior to us and in essence be god like? Why would they have to be human or like us to have created it; in fact, doesn't it seem that our nature and abilities seem somewhat limited with respect to such a creation? That we are too feeble and lack ability to do something so grand?